Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR! Update 5/3 p. 28 COMPLETED!

I am so sorry for the major delay in updates. Between Mexico and our cruise on the Disney Wonder http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751, I have neglected this report. For any of you still interested in reading, thank you.

After grabbing our Candy Cane bracelets, it was time to hit our second favorite holiday ride, HMH Holiday. Our first is IASW holiday. Okay, okay, my favorite is IASW and theirs is HMH.

They allowed me a drive by shot on the way to high tailing it to HMH:

DSC06884_zps08010156.jpg

And a brief one of them. Think Gabby needs sunglasses?

DSC06886_zps5470e05f.jpg

Everyone had their coffees/cocoas and a small pastry, aside from me. Not a Disney pastry lover. Anyone else find them dry? Even on the ship, they were dry. On the way we had to grab Indy FPs.

We're here!!! NBC is also one of our top Disney movies. This ride is a must do. I love that its an option for about 3 months out of the year.

DSC06887_zpscb106769.jpg

C6D2A55E-14D6-46A5-A8AB-656CCF9EB9C2_zpszdn2tcpk.jpg

DSC06888_zps33561ef4.jpg

DSC06889_zpsff28f8f1.jpg

DSC06890_zps613cc4c2.jpg

I swear, no detail is left out. After enjoying the queue which was not long, it was our turn to ride the doom buggy. Chloe took some decent shots of the inside. This is a very hard ride to photograph without a flash and because we're always moving. Our girl did a great job.

DSC06893_zps7a49e97d.jpg

DSC06894_zps58f031ce.jpg

DSC06901_zps3f054cdd.jpg

DSC06904_zps88357097.jpg

DSC06905_zps618fe15d.jpg

DSC06907_zps723f6aa6.jpg

DSC06910_zpsdc7afab4.jpg

DSC06912_zps4e580429.jpg

DSC06913_zps702612f2.jpg

DSC06921_zps668b2c55.jpg

DSC06925_zpsc2c54a01.jpg

A few of the exterior:

DSC06930_zpsa90ccfeb.jpg

DSC06931_zpsfde2b380.jpg

Continued in next post.......

Continued......

DSC06933_zps15c3fb7c.jpg

I wasn't even 10 am and my crew was ready for Splash.

DSC06936_zpsc23f301e.jpg

We hailed our cookies up the hill only to find out it was 101. Back down to POTC we went. You can't go wrong with devils, scoundrels, and really bad eggs.

Some scenery compliments of Chloe. I really enjoy seeing the parks though her eyes.

DSC06937_zpsd59d92c6.jpg

DSC06938_zps63bae7a2.jpg

Well hello handsome:

DSC06940_zpsc66a8eb4.jpg

Our destination:

DSC06941_zps21a68b6e.jpg

One one day I'll make it into that suite:

DSC06942_zpse7c239ba.jpg

Side view:

DSC06943_zps9da8cfc8.jpg

Our girl tried to take some of inside the attraction. This is another one that is so difficult to get a great shot in.

Lazy bun hair:

DSC06944_zpsa47d1433.jpg

Like yours Alison:

DSC06948_zpse5bbfdf3.jpg

Yo ho, yo Ho, a pirate's life for me:

DSC06951_zpscef308df.jpg

DSC06955_zps61340fc7.jpg

There is a sign at the beginning of this scene that says *Captain's Quarters*. M is a captain at the FD and I would love to get him one similar.

DSC06962_zps9902e28d.jpg

And one of my faves:

DSC06963_zpsa715cdcb.jpg

Take a wench for a bride:

DSC06989_zps2fa61b00.jpg

DSC06996_zpscc560dd9.jpg

Back into the daylight:

DSC07006_zps28342d33.jpg

It was time to use our Indy FPs. :woohoo:

DSC07008_zpsc8410a75.jpg

DSC07009_zpsf5c4c1a0.jpg

Finally after Indy, I get my castle shot. A rushed half-butt shot but one none the less. ;)

null_zpsbd8c65a4.jpg

Grabbed a FP for Star Tours and then took a stroll with a StromTrooper:

null_zpsc61344fb.jpg

Love that Space.

null_zpse53f4d73.jpg

We opted out of our regular breakfast of Miinnie pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace for more rides and trail mix. The pastries satiated the beasts so off we went for more FUN!

To be continued......

It is nice to see you continue your DL trip report. I will have to go over to your DCL TR. I am thinking of doing a DCL one day and maybe your TR will convince me to think about it.

You and your family were able to go on a lot of rides that day which is always good when you go first thing in the morning. All of your pictures of your family are very nice and look all happy during the whole day at DL.

Great updates and nice to see that you continue on your DL trip report.

I can't wait to get to do Haunted Mansion Holidays again. I am also really excited about finally seeing It's A Small World Holidays. Chloe did a wonderful job with the photos. I know that when I tried to take photos inside Haunted Mansion Holidays, only two or three sort of came out.

Corinna

YAY! Another update.

I quite like Disney pastries when they are fresh. The trick is working out WHEN they are fresh. ;)

Chloe did a great job on the HM pictures. It is quite tricky taking shots in there and she got some great ones.

You did well in PotC as well. Was that Chloe again? Great job.

First off, thanks for still reading and posting friends. :goodvibes

It is nice to see you continue your DL trip report. I will have to go over to your DCL TR. I am thinking of doing a DCL one day and maybe your TR will convince me to think about it.

You and your family were able to go on a lot of rides that day which is always good when you go first thing in the morning. All of your pictures of your family are very nice and look all happy during the whole day at DL.

Great updates and nice to see that you continue on your DL trip report.

I recommend giving a cruise a try especially if you can find one out of the west coast. :thumbsup2 It as different kind of Disney though, good, but different. I will elaborate on that sooner than later in my report.

I can't wait to get to do Haunted Mansion Holidays again. I am also really excited about finally seeing It's A Small World Holidays. Chloe did a wonderful job with the photos. I know that when I tried to take photos inside Haunted Mansion Holidays, only two or three sort of came out.

Corinna

Thanks you, I will tell her. She loves to have the camera. IASW holiday is so heartwarming to me. :cloud9: I have lots of pics of it.​

YAY! Another update.

I quite like Disney pastries when they are fresh. The trick is working out WHEN they are fresh. ;)

Chloe did a great job on the HM pictures. It is quite tricky taking shots in there and she got some great ones.

You did well in PotC as well. Was that Chloe again? Great job.

::yes:: Chloe took almost every photo of the day aside from the ones she was in.

Yeah let me know when the pastries are fresh. Maybe it's a secret? :rotfl: I have yet to have one that was worth the calories.​

We're here!!! NBC is also one of our top Disney movies. This ride is a must do. I love that its an option for about 3 months out of the year.

DSC06887_zpscb106769.jpg

I agree! The holiday overlay for NBC is fabulous! Although I'm not too observant of all the details they do add things every year. Disney at it's finest!

Chloe did a great job capturing the hidden Mickey in the plates!

You guys are so adorable! You are the fun family that everyone takes notice of in the parks! :thumbsup2

I agree! The holiday overlay for NBC is fabulous! Although I'm not too observant of all the details they do add things every year. Disney at it's finest!

Chloe did a great job capturing the hidden Mickey in the plates!

You guys are so adorable! You are the fun family that everyone takes notice of in the parks! :thumbsup2

Thanks Brenda. :goodvibes I think she did a great job too. She really enjoys taking the photos so its a win-win.

I agree, HMH is Disney at its best. This year I'm determined to meet Jack and Sally. I need a new goal as I nabbed candy canes last year.

I'm now kicking myself for not getting a NBC pirate t-shirt for Josh's FE, I completely forgot how much you guys like the ride let alone the movie. It was on clearance and would have been perfect :headache:

Chloe's pictures are great :)

I'm now kicking myself for not getting a NBC pirate t-shirt for Josh's FE, I completely forgot how much you guys like the ride let alone the movie. It was on clearance and would have been perfect :headache:

Chloe's pictures are great :)

Heck no, you spoiled him rotten! He loved every bit of it. Me too. :goodvibes

Thanks. I love her photos. :thumbsup2 She's got a unique eye and she's patient.​

I couldn't remember if you had finished this report, but then I didnt remember you posting that we met and no one took pictures, so there you go!

Chloe takes great pictures. Next time we ride things like POTC or HM I need to bring the good camera and not my P&S. I sort of wish I had a staff photographer! :rotfl2:

Chloe got some really great shots! I really need to get to DL for the holiday season....it looks so cool!

Jill in CO

I couldn't remember if you had finished this report, but then I didnt remember you posting that we met and no one took pictures, so there you go!

Chloe takes great pictures. Next time we ride things like POTC or HM I need to bring the good camera and not my P&S. I sort of wish I had a staff photographer! :rotfl2:

I didn't finish. :blush: lesson learned. I waited so long and I can't find my notes. I'm going off photos and the kids' memories. :thumbsup2

I think her pics are nice too, thank you. She's so patient and will take the same one over and over to get the best one possible. :lovestruc

Chloe got some really great shots! I really need to get to DL for the holiday season....it looks so cool!

Jill in CO

The holidays at the DLR are amazing. Is like Disney magic on crack. :cloud9: It's got the intimate Disneyland feel with the extra bonus of Disney holiday cheer. It's my all time favorite time to go.​

::yes:: Awesome! Everyone looks like they are having a blast.

I just love seeing your DL pictures. POC looks way cool. Is there more light in there for pictures because your turned out great and you can see them (unlike WDW POC pictures which require tons and tons of editing :rotfl:)

Also - NBC looks super cute.

I really can't wait to go to DL. The more I see, the more I want to go.

::yes:: Awesome! Everyone looks like they are having a blast.

I just love seeing your DL pictures. POC looks way cool. Is there more light in there for pictures because your turned out great and you can see them (unlike WDW POC pictures which require tons and tons of editing :rotfl:)

Also - NBC looks super cute.

I really can't wait to go to DL. The more I see, the more I want to go.

You will adore Disneyland. It's really something special. pixiedust: WDW is fun, a good time, but Disneyland is meaningful to me. Maybe because its the one I know, maybe because its Walt's park, I don't know but seeing his candle lit in the window is just so touching. Do you have plans to go?

Disneyland's POTC is much longer, way more scenes and has two drops. It's really spectacular. WDW and Disneyland each have rides that are better at each park. MK's Peter Pan is better, I think. Splash too. Disneyland's POTC and Space are better. BTMRR had been closed for our last trips but I don't recall any glaring differences. IASW at Disneyland is amazing. MK has CoP and CBJ but DL had Toad and the Matterhorn. Sorry for the tangent. :flower3:

I can tell you that DLs BTMRR is better. It just reopened and they added such awesome new technology that it Kicks A$$. You will love it when you ride it. It is awesome!

I can tell you that DLs BTMRR is better. It just reopened and they added such awesome new technology that it Kicks A$$. You will love it when you ride it. It is awesome!

It is? :woohoo: We haven't been on BTMRR for years. Literally. It was closed in WDW in 2013 and during all of our day trips to Disneyland in 2013 as well. I can't wait to ride it.​

It is? :woohoo: We haven't been on BTMRR for years. Literally. It was closed in WDW in 2013 and during all of our day trips to Disneyland in 2013 as well. I can't wait to ride it.​

Alison is right...BTMRR ROCKS!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter