Not too shabby for a consolation prize! A Dec 2013 TR! Update 5/3 p. 28 COMPLETED!

I can't wait! :hyper: What are the changes? I don't mind a spoiler. ;)

The track is sooo much smoother and the explosion scene at the end is completely reimagined. Sit in the back so you can experience the whole "show."

Jill in CO

The track is sooo much smoother and the explosion scene at the end is completely reimagined. Sit in the back so you can experience the whole "show."

Jill in CO

The back it is. :thumbsup2 This is one of our collective favorites. I see us blowing all our FPs on this.​

The back it is. :thumbsup2 This is one of our collective favorites. I see us blowing all our FPs on this.​

Don't forget about the tour, we can go on it as many times as you want....The tour will spoil you for DL forever.

Don't forget about the tour, we can go on it as many times as you want....The tour will spoil you for DL forever.

I can't wait for it! Kids are stoked too. Our friends will be on their own that day. We're excited to see you and spend some non rushed time together. :goodvibes Once I make my reservations at the GCV, we can plan which day works best for you.​

So I need to apologize in advance for the finishing of this report. It's going to be more of a pictorial journey. ;) I am not too proud to admit, I let too much time lapse in between updates and the only clear memories I have are in photo form. I am happy I took so many pics though. Thanks to everyone who has kept reading. I promise to keep up better in the future. Lesson learned. :thumbsup2 On with the show......

I forgot to post this version of Chloe and Joshua with the Stormtrooper. I love that he posed!

I left you last after we rode Space (please recall the redneck photo of a photo).

After Space, this crew was determined to get on Splash. I was more in the mood to take pics so that's exactly what I did. :cloud9:

Still loving his Mike Wazowski ears:

We took a little Jingle Jangle detour and opted for the Jungle Cruise before Splash:

Looks like someone isn't in the holiday spirit:

Ok, now it's time for Splash. I sent them ahead and enjoyed the slow pace and picture taking. I don't have an artistic eye. I just captures what makes me happy.

Continued in next post.....

I met them at the exit of Splash and we all agreed it was time to EAT!

We went to the place that no Disney trip can be complete without: The Plaza Inn. And what did we get?

How good does that look? We got 4 to share between the five of us. We usually share 3 but because we had essentially skipped breakfast, we were starved.

We had a leisurely lunch but I was eager to get my Candy Canes. :hyper:

Oh my gosh, I look like a complete wreck! :rotfl2: We went straight and got a locker to lock those babies up! The kids want to eat one. Were they insane? They aren't for eating.....yet. I had to treasure my prize a while before parting with it.

After locking my canes up, we went to Star Tours. I can never really get a great photo in here. Michael was chosen to be the rebel spy! :woohoo:

One more shot of this beauty:

I had been texting with Alison as we had plans to meet her and Fran at the Hearthstone Lounge this evening and then ride IASW holiday.

Coming up, like soon, the 3:00 parade. I need to switch from the computer to my iPad. :upsidedow

BRB!​

I love a parade! Doesn't everyone?

We grabbed a spot across from the Matterhorn. I love that spot. Got a nice bench seat. Heaven. The kids ran around a little and rode Buzz and Alice. Gabby charged her phone. Michael and I chatted. Harmony. All was right with the world.

FBE328B5-34F3-41CD-BB18-1ECF6C022D83_zpslgdkvsyj.jpg

E7257436-7C51-4133-9DA4-3CDF15F8907C_zpss2yggfc0.jpg

BA144C5C-E238-4FDC-AC14-CD20C4EBFC79_zpszgppfpmq.jpg

D12B6EDD-6C43-404D-847A-CFC58BC6C069_zpse5rv7cve.jpg

FB8BC811-7723-480A-94E0-1FE53F55D8A5_zps4ijluly3.jpg

0853683A-DC17-441C-ABFA-341A0001F8E5_zpsr4wzlhpl.jpg

I think is my favorite shot of them all.

97A7D4AB-3967-4A4E-AFF9-7CCF8D055617_zpshiheemkh.jpg

2EBBE29C-540B-4A7A-9A18-9A88B1FC6F93_zps9rxq8qjh.jpg

988B8CD2-A444-42DE-B65F-82FDA27B3BB6_zps03xotuot.jpg

CA544487-B61E-4F3C-AD0E-BC3EEDB55169_zpsicn7vho1.jpg

Chloe's fave:

6F3CA98D-4B1A-4A6B-A82C-D728B9C1A007_zpslyisagyj.jpg

I really enjoy parades. And fireworks.

We decided to take the Monorail back to the DLH. Magic. We left the canes in the locker.

I took one last shot of something I'll never see again in my lifetime. :(

7D282ECE-81BC-4D6B-89F2-7784F777EF40_zpsmzdzg1sp.jpg

Continued in next post......

Here are a few that got left out of the last post.

Parade selfie:

9EA56790-44D6-4FC0-8E2D-0BFFA2F1B8E0_zps1oz5t9jr.jpg

The Matterhorn:

565806FC-0201-4DDE-8DE8-698D25C78706_zpslfqmuxjo.jpg

One tin soldier:

E1431FD3-C1A1-4BB5-A220-A58ED89DB3AB_zpscauj0fcc.jpg

Everyone was in need of a break. We decided to go back to the hotel via Monorail. Such a fun mode of transportation. I was really happy with my choice to spend our DCA day at the GCV and our Disneyland day at the DLH. Worked out perfectly.

We got to our room in no time and I was able to snap this before the kids spread their crap out everywhere. :lmao:

Cute curly haired Chloe:

EDE325B8-9230-441C-A155-1CD6AD2E2BEB_zpswvosmsmt.jpg

Sorry about he bazillion posts, Ive got 2 active Photobucket accounts and they're logged in on different apparatus.

Continued in next post.........

The rooms at the Disneyland Hotel are pure magic with those light up headboards; they are brilliant. pixiedust: Genus even.

The Sheets' kid were pooped. Go figure. They always hit their midday wall.

Michael and I had plans to meet A&F in the Hearthstone Lounge at the GCH. Michael and I got ready but the kids opted to stay back and rest. We'd meet them after the meet and then all head into Disneyland.

Post shower and feeling human again even with the wet hair. :blush:

I am sorry to say I don't have any meet pictures. Alison didn't get any either. The chatter was plentiful and fun. We caught up and talked a lot about Disney and life and how they met; good stuff. :thumbsup2

We met the kids and decided to head over to Disneyland.

Looks pretty benign right?

Don't let that fool you! Our timing couldn't have been more off. :headache: :headache: :headache:

OMG, talk about fighting the crowds. We ended up behind the evening parade and it must have taken us 45 minutes to get from Main St to IASW.

Here is a pic of Alison's cool D23 light up jacket:

Ready to gasp at some ungodly crowds:

A&F had dinner reservations and opted out of rising IASW. We said quick goodbyes and we were off. My kids were frogged out from fighting all that madness so they were too tired to fight me on IASW.

Now IASW Holiday embraces everything Disney and holiday.

My spawn like to play funny sleeping IASW jokes on me:

A few photos:

Michael's name is on the list:

Look at Elvis! :rotfl2:

After IASW we headed to Alice. I must ride Alice at night. Then a few pics on the way to Tomorrowland for another ride on Space.

Who knew one statue could provide so much fun? :rotfl:

Space was a blast as usual and Joshua still hasn't forgiven me for sticking my hand in the exact wrong spot. :lmao:

Now Michael rarely asks for any Disney favors but tonight he wanted some hot fresh beignets. He had read about them and had to have them. :yay: I was so excited, a request we could fulfill! We were on the hunt for beignets.

That hunt took us past The Matterhorn:

And past the castle:

And on a quick detour to say hello to Jack:

And finally to the Royal Street Verandah where they do not sell beignets. :p However we didn't realize that until almost all of F! was over. Note to self: the line here provides a pretty good walk up view of F! :rotfl2:

What we needed was thew Mint Julep Bar. Which we found. The beignets took a few minutes and it was chilly cold outside. We also got a few hot chocolates and bottles of water to share.

Michael was a happy camper and even got the last beignet. :thumbsup2

By this time, me, Gabby, and Joshua were pretty beat. Tomorrow was Chloe's birthday and although she was dead tired too, she was determined to turn 15 inside Walt's park. I took off with G and J while Michael stayed with Chloe.

On the way out, we grabbed my candy canes. Thought we'd forget, didn't you?

Chloe and Michael stayed and hit the jackpot. Fantasyland emptied out and they rode: Mr. Toad:

Tried to pull the Sword from the Stone some 12 years later after doing it for real:

They rode Pinocchio:

Visited Olaf:

And finally Chloe's ultimate favorite, where indeed she turned 15, Peter Pan!

Michael said she was beaming! :bday: to Chloe!

One final shot of the backside of the castle:

And our Disneyland /DCA days were officially over for 2013.

The next day we were taking off to spend a few days with my best friend.

:thanks: to everyone for reading along and not giving up. :goodvibes See ya real soon! Maybe sooner than you'd like. :rotfl:

You deserve a gold medal for getting through the pictures and posting them all up. I loved looking at them all....such fun!

I thought the Nemo Subs was down for a refurb? Are you going somewhere for an extended period??? popcorn::

Happy Belated Birthday to Chloe.

Thanks for sharing this lovely family vacation.

That is a lot of photos during your latest updates. It is so nice to see all of your photos during your trip. I will never get tired of the holiday season at the DLR and Chloe did a wonderful job on them. That is a very nice candy cane with you in the shot. I can never get tired of seeing "A Christmas Fantasy" parade but I didn't like the changes the DLR did to the parade this past holiday season.

Very nice updates.

I thought the Nemo Subs was down for a refurb?

The FNSV closed after the first weekend of January 2014 during the peak season.

You deserve a gold medal for getting through the pictures and posting them all up. I loved looking at them all....such fun!

I thought the Nemo Subs was down for a refurb? Are you going somewhere for an extended period??? popcorn::

Happy Belated Birthday to Chloe.

Thanks for sharing this lovely family vacation.

:goodvibes Thanks sweet friend for still reading and posting. I didn't mean to drag this out so long. :blush:

Nemo is down for an extended refurb and you never know what that means. I had heard various rumors. The old subs and lagoon were a major part of my Disneyland childhood, I couldn't resist the photo.

I don't think I'm going somewhere for an extended period. :rotfl2:

Chloe was the happiest 15 y/o on the face of the planet the next day. :thumbsup2

That is a lot of photos during your latest updates. It is so nice to see all of your photos during your trip. I will never get tired of the holiday season at the DLR and Chloe did a wonderful job on them. That is a very nice candy cane with you in the shot. I can never get tired of seeing "A Christmas Fantasy" parade but I didn't like the changes the DLR did to the parade this past holiday season.

Very nice updates.

The FNSV closed after the first weekend of January 2014 during the peak season.

I love the parade too and thanks for the photo compliments, I will pass them along to Chloe. :goodvibes

That Christmas castle is simply amazing!

Hey - if I didn't have my pictures I would have NO idea what I did moment by moment. So a pictorial ending to your TR is quite appropriate.

I loved this TR and I'm sorry to see it end, but I am even more excited to see DL in person next year! What a wonderful place. Such lovely memories. Thanks for sharing them!

Favorite picture this update - definitely Space Mountain! Perfection! :rotfl::thumbsup2

That Christmas castle is simply amazing!

Hey - if I didn't have my pictures I would have NO idea what I did moment by moment. So a pictorial ending to your TR is quite appropriate.

I loved this TR and I'm sorry to see it end, but I am even more excited to see DL in person next year! What a wonderful place. Such lovely memories. Thanks for sharing them!

Favorite picture this update - definitely Space Mountain! Perfection! :rotfl::thumbsup2

Thanks girl! You are going to love love love Disneyland in person. Its amazing! What are your dates? Sorry if I have asked that.

I hate to see it end too but am so excited to be going back this December. :woohoo: We sure love us some DLR during the holidays. I love the drive, the music, the food, the whole thing. :cloud9:

Now if I can get the resort fairies to throw a little pixiedust my way, we'll be golden! pixiedust:

Your trip with Cynthia is so close too! Have a blast. I am sorry to be missing it.​

What a fantastically magical day!!! How awesome for Chloe to turn 15 in the park and ride some awesome rides with dad :) I love DL's FL :lovestruc

Thanks so much for sharing your trip :)

And whoa nelly is that a big candy cane!

What a fantastically magical day!!! How awesome for Chloe to turn 15 in the park and ride some awesome rides with dad :) I love DL's FL :lovestruc

Thanks so much for sharing your trip :)

And whoa nelly is that a big candy cane!

Pam-ella, I'm glad you checked back in. It was a mighty big candy cane. We ate one on the drive home and I shellacked the other to hang on the tree every year. :laughing: Everyone thinks I'm nuts.

It was such a special night for Chloe and I'm glad her and Michael went all out. She was beaming for weeks. :cutie:

Were they doing something special with the sword when she was little? How cool is that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter