Nov 10, 2012--Western FANTASY!!

We'd like to joing the FE too! Sorry for the late post. Have been so busy. Do I have to send a PM to the organizer?

Has anyone ever booked a stingray excursion separate from Disney? Recommendations would be gladly accepted.

Thanks for the help!

I know of 3...Stingray Sailings, Captain Marvins, and Nativeway. We were booked with Captain Marvin's last November on our Magic cruise, but could not stop at GC due to weather. Have you been on the cruise critic boards? Try checking their ports of call -> Caribbean -> Grand Cayman thread for lots of reviews/commentary on these companies.

I know of 3...Stingray Sailings, Captain Marvins, and Nativeway. We were booked with Captain Marvin's last November on our Magic cruise, but could not stop at GC due to weather. Have you been on the cruise critic boards? Try checking their ports of call -> Caribbean -> Grand Cayman thread for lots of reviews/commentary on these companies.

Thanks for the information! I'll check out those boards :)

Rejoining the thread....it's been a roller coaster of a summer. DH was interviewing for a new job this spring...didn't get it....and then a few weeks later lost the job he had. The cruise was paid for at that point, but we couldn't really commit to going with so much uncertainty surrounding us.

Things are still uneasy, but we are doing alright, and really need this vacation. The only thing that will hold us back is if DH finds a new job between now and then and can't take the time off, in which case we will reschedule at some point in the future. Thank goodness I bought vacation insurance.

I will get the roll call up to date. Sorry I've been neglecting it.

In case everyone hasn't heard, Remy brunch is available for online booking now on both sea days!

Seven weeks and counting!

:hippie:
Rejoining the thread....it's been a roller coaster of a summer. DH was interviewing for a new job this spring...didn't get it....and then a few weeks later lost the job he had. The cruise was paid for at that point, but we couldn't really commit to going with so much uncertainty surrounding us.

Things are still uneasy, but we are doing alright, and really need this vacation. The only thing that will hold us back is if DH finds a new job between now and then and can't take the time off, in which case we will reschedule at some point in the future. Thank goodness I bought vacation insurance.

In case everyone hasn't heard, Remy brunch is available for online booking now on both sea days!

Welcome back!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for a job, but also being able to keep the vacation booked! :shamrock::shamrock:
Looks like you got to quick work on the Roll Call! WOW! Thanks for that as well! I was wondering, do you think everyone listed on Roll Call is participating in FE? Is that the purpose of the list or just to list people that have joined the list and are interested in meeting others sailing with them?
Thanks
Sarah :hippie:

:hippie:

Welcome back!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for a job, but also being able to keep the vacation booked! :shamrock::shamrock:
Looks like you got to quick work on the Roll Call! WOW! Thanks for that as well! I was wondering, do you think everyone listed on Roll Call is participating in FE? Is that the purpose of the list or just to list people that have joined the list and are interested in meeting others sailing with them?
Thanks

Thank you for your kind words, Sarah. I can confirm that not everyone on the Roll Call is participating in the FE (we aren't). The Roll Call is just a way for people to see who else is cruising without having to read and remember the entire thread.

I guess I need to post more to send a PM to get on the FE... Okay.

I will post with purpose =)

Do people dress up "all out" for the Pirate Party? Being that the sailing is shortly after Halloween, we were going to dress up and go all out with the costumes. Don't want to be mistaken for a cast member! LOL!

pirate:

I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that this cruise is far from sold out. Can anyone comment on that?

FrankF said:
I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that this cruise is far from sold out. Can anyone comment on that?

I cannot officially confirm anything, but I can make assumptions based on the following.....

I booked cat 9B as soon as the itinerary was released. Although the category did eventually go GTY, the prices never went up in the 18 month that I watched them.

As a first timer, I couldn't book activities until 75 days out. I found availabilty for every Palo and Remy meal offered, and the most popular excursions that I read usually sell out, are still available. I sense that this is not the norm.

The cruise after ours is the Thanksgiving cruise. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband's job. Hopefully things will work out and he will get a new job that will allow him to take this cruise. For roll call you can add the following for me: joyjanet (Donna), DH - Gary, DD - Janet, son-in-law - James, DGD - Alexis (age 13) and DGS - Stephen (age 9)
Thanks and good luck. :wizard:

Do people dress up "all out" for the Pirate Party? Being that the sailing is shortly after Halloween, we were going to dress up and go all out with the costumes. Don't want to be mistaken for a cast member! LOL!

pirate:

Us too! Us too! :banana:

pirate:

I am needing to post a few more myself...
We are like a MAJOR Halloween Family! So you will just have to wait and see what we do! Can't wait! I have heard great things about Pirate night! Can't wait. (Oh wait, I already said that!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter