Nov 10, 2012--Western FANTASY!!

Getting close...just have to get through Halloween & the kids birthday party...then off to cruise land.

Getting very excited for our trip! Except our son,who has advised us he is unable to go because he will miss too much school. The boy is 6. Years. Old. He is coming with us and he will be delighted - once he lets the school thing go! LOL

I am wondering if I need to worry about doing the same FE gifts as others? Maybe it is not a big deal? I am positives will not be doing anyone else craft project because I have waited this long to get going! I have no excuse it is not like I have been in the Peace Corps saving the world. Just busy with life - it seems to be going very fast - except when waiting for the cruise!

LOL about your son! What a character! In Salem, there are only like 10 days of school in November anyway, so we figured why worry. It's worth it to avoid the crowds!

I would only worry about duplicating those emergency prep kits (with bandaids, sanitizer, safety pins, etc.). I've read on other discussions that they are popular. Some FE's reported them being half of all the gifts given.

I was wondering if anyone for our cruise (Nov. 10th) has received their cruise documents and luggage tags in the mail yet? Some websites I read it can be anywhere from a month out or 2 weeks before you sail. I was just curious if any of you have received anything yet. My husband and I are 1st time cruisers so we want to make sure we have everything before we leave home. We're flying into Orlando the day before the cruise and staying at a disney resort & hitting up the parks before Saturday's cruise. I received a booklet with our resort/dining info yesterday but no luggage tags for the airport. I'm hoping we get everything soon.

I was wondering if anyone for our cruise (Nov. 10th) has received their cruise documents and luggage tags in the mail yet? Some websites I read it can be anywhere from a month out or 2 weeks before you sail. I was just curious if any of you have received anything yet. My husband and I are 1st time cruisers so we want to make sure we have everything before we leave home. We're flying into Orlando the day before the cruise and staying at a disney resort & hitting up the parks before Saturday's cruise. I received a booklet with our resort/dining info yesterday but no luggage tags for the airport. I'm hoping we get everything soon.

No cruise documents yet but we received our ME tags early last week for our stay before the cruise...flying down on Thursday.

Since I need to get my post count to 10 to PM, I thought I'd be Posty McPostypants and ask a question! :rotfl:

Is anyone here contemplating doing the Chaccoben Mayan Ruin tour with Native Choice for Costa Maya? I've read a TON of good reviews about them on the DIS, and wondered if any of you might be going.

We are doing the tour though the ship. Dh is much more comfortable doing tours in Mexico through the cruise line.

4 of us. 2 kids 8 and 6

Just received our Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags in the mail yesterday...wow, this is really happening! Our first cruise too and I'm really excited!

Hiya!

I've used ginger chews (Chimes is the brand I've gotten at World Market - they're individually wrapped), and crystallized ginger, too. Sometimes I combine that with Dramamine, but it makes me sleepy so I chop them into quarter pieces and just take one piece. If I feel like it isn't enough after a little while, I add another piece.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

I'll have to look for the ginger chews. I'm not a fan of ginger ale soda so wanted to give ginger a try in some form. Thanks!

We just booked on Sunday. Now I'm trying to figure out what excursions to do...anyone have rec. for something they absolutely LOVED?

**We have 2 girls ages 6 & 8. We have been on the Wonder & Dream before
but 1st time on a cruise meet thread

We got ours yesterday. My DD got hers also. No room assignments for my DD yet. We have a handicapped room so ours has already been assigned.

Hi there

I'm trying to place myself on this roll call too. I am also traveling on Disney fantasy Nov 10 2012. I will be traveling with my son who is 7 year old. Wondering if there are any solo parent out there with their kids too, would be great to meet them. This is my first time on a disney cruise or on this dis board, so I have no idea what DD, DS, DW means...

Is anyone planning on all meeting up on board? How can I place myself on this roll call?

If you are a single or solo (left your husband at home) parent with kids or a bunch of moms with kids, would be great to meet you. It would be great to have other parents to hang out with while my son is in kids club!

About me, I live in Toronto and I'm a single mom. My name is Sylvia and I work in the film industry.

Hi Ariel

Can you add my name to the roll call please? I am travelling with my son who is 7 years old. Are there any on board meet ups? I'm looking to meet other parents with kids too since i'm a single mom traveling alone with my son. Thank you!!

Sylvia

No cruise docs yet for me - I expect them to arrive everyday now. In the past, I got them 30 to 40 days before sail date.

In other news, due to all the construction at the Grand Floridian, I changed my pre-cruise stay to 4 nights Lion King suite at the Art of Animation, plus 5 nights in a Courtyard view room at the Wilderness Lodge.

@gomagic: We'll meet us on the Fantasy for sure!

Reto said:
No cruise docs yet for me - I expect them to arrive everyday now. In the past, I got them 30 to 40 days before sail date.

In other news, due to all the construction at the Grand Floridian, I changed my pre-cruise stay to 4 nights Lion King suite at the Art of Animation, plus 5 nights in a Courtyard view room at the Wilderness Lodge.

@gomagic: We'll meet us on the Fantasy for sure!

No cruise docs for us either. I had contacted the cruise line to check on the status and they told me I should get them around the 3 week mark. That's next week. So hopefully I get something soon. We're staying at pop century resort, right across the lake from art of animation resort per cruise as well. We wanted to stay at AOA but When we booked back in july, all the standard rooms were sold out. We're flying in (from Ohio) on 11/9. We got park hopper tix for that day along with tix to MVMCP that night at magic kingdom. I'm also looking forward to the Xmas light show at Hollywood Studios!

No cruise docs for us either. I had contacted the cruise line to check on the status and they told me I should get them around the 3 week mark. That's next week. So hopefully I get something soon. We're staying at pop century resort, right across the lake from art of animation resort per cruise as well. We wanted to stay at AOA but When we booked back in july, all the standard rooms were sold out. We're flying in (from Ohio) on 11/9. We got park hopper tix for that day along with tix to MVMCP that night at magic kingdom. I'm also looking forward to the Xmas light show at Hollywood Studios!

Well, in the meantime - the cruise docs made it to Switzerland. Had them in the mailbox today. Very exciting now that our cruise is coming close!

I'm sure your tags are just around the corner as well.

You'll love the Pop Century Resort. I was there during my first-ever WDW stay and loved it! Of course, the big statue of Baloo was a hit with me.:)

So you plan on seeing the Osborne Lights and MVMCP on the same night? Wow! That's gonna be a tight fit. The Osborne lights show doesn't start until dusk, which is around 6:15pm.

Have you ever seen the castle lighting ceremony over at the MK? It is truly MAGICAL I'm telling you. Still have to fight the tears everytime I see it. Unfortunately, this little show also takes place around 6:15pm, so you will miss that. However, they do run the parade twice and the stage show also at least twice. The fireworks are usually at 9:30pm, so you should be able to catch everything the party has to offer, minus the castle lighting ceremony. Be sure to enjoy the snow falling on Main Street. I've even met Santa on Town Square two years ago - but it was a rather long line - just over an hour, including a break during the fireworks performance.

I'll attend the 9/11 MVMCP as well and will skip the Osborne lights for this year. I saw them 2 years ago and was very impressed!

29 days to go until we set sail on our FANTASTIC ship!

Reto said:
Well, in the meantime - the cruise docs made it to Switzerland. Had them in the mailbox today. Very exciting now that our cruise is coming close!

I'm sure your tags are just around the corner as well.

You'll love the Pop Century Resort. I was there during my first-ever WDW stay and loved it! Of course, the big statue of Baloo was a hit with me.:)

So you plan on seeing the Osborne Lights and MVMCP on the same night? Wow! That's gonna be a tight fit. The Osborne lights show doesn't start until dusk, which is around 6:15pm.

Have you ever seen the castle lighting ceremony over at the MK? It is truly MAGICAL I'm telling you. Still have to fight the tears everytime I see it. Unfortunately, this little show also takes place around 6:15pm, so you will miss that. However, they do run the parade twice and the stage show also at least twice. The fireworks are usually at 9:30pm, so you should be able to catch everything the party has to offer, minus the castle lighting ceremony. Be sure to enjoy the snow falling on Main Street. I've even met Santa on Town Square two years ago - but it was a rather long line - just over an hour, including a break during the fireworks performance.

I'll attend the 9/11 MVMCP as well and will skip the Osborne lights for this year. I saw them 2 years ago and was very impressed!

29 days to go until we set sail on our FANTASTIC ship!

Our cruise docs were in the mailbox today! Now I just have to call Magical express. We never got our luggage tags/vouchers for the bus to get us at the airport to our resort.

Since MVMCP doesn't start till after the park closes at 7pm that night, they'll light the castle for all guests? I thought they only did it for party guests?

I did notice looking thru our cruise docs that they only have my husbands name listed for our couples Swedish massage. I have an email from them after I booked it that has both our names on it. Do they only use 1 name but know the reservation is for 2?

Thanks for all your help!

Since MVMCP doesn't start till after the park closes at 7pm that night, they'll light the castle for all guests? I thought they only did it for party guests?

Nope, the castle lighting ceremony can definitely be attended by all guests, whether they do stay for the party or not. I've been to 4 MVMCPs so far and know from personal experience. That's why they do that before 7pm. The lights remain on after that for the whole night.

I did notice looking thru our cruise docs that they only have my husbands name listed for our couples Swedish massage. I have an email from them after I booked it that has both our names on it. Do they only use 1 name but know the reservation is for 2?

Looks like it's the same thing I noticed for my Castaway Cay cabana. Already last year, they did have my name listed only. I just added the other guests by visiting Guest Services once onboard and that worked perfectly. All got their wristbands the night before Castaway Cay.

You might do the same and stop by Guest Services on Deck 3 Midship to be sure both of you are booked for the massage. Good thing they do have both names in the confirmation e-mail, so both of you must be listed in the system somewhere. I wouldn't worry.

@Reto
How many cruises have you been on? Is this your first time on the fantasy? I'm excited to actually see our room/view. We got a 5E on deck 6. It's a deluxe ocean view with an oversized verandah. I found a map/layout of the fantasy online & from what I could see and where our room is located, we think its the 1st balcony located just above Dumbo on the back of the ship!

Our cruise docs were in the mailbox today! Now I just have to call Magical express. We never got our luggage tags/vouchers for the bus to get us at the airport to our resort.

Yes, do call ME. We had a situation like that once too. I called and had them add all of our flight info and everything but somehow it was never put into the system for ME. When we still had not received anything less than two weeks before our trip I called them and that's when the problem was figured out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter