Nov 10, 2012--Western FANTASY!!

Can you not rebook it? Or maybe you can book it on the ship on embarkation day? :confused3 Orrrrr...there's 2 days with ruin tours. Maybe do it on the other one?

I'd really like to, but my mom was also concerned about the cost, for which I can't blame her. I suppose I can be glad for the sixty bucks back in each of our pockets - minus the Palo reservation. Like I said, I'm sure I'll wind up in Mexico again someday, and probably with the Mouse. :hourglass

Is anyone else going on any of the port adventures visiting ruins? I'd love to see some pictures at least.

Edit: Also, sort of OT, but is anyone going to be attending a preview for the Fantasyland expansions following the cruise? Be Our Guest opens for previews the day of our flight home. :faint:

YAY, we’re booked and glad to be joining you fine people on the Fantasy in 12 days. It’s not so much anticipation but curiosity when you book a cruise so close to departure and know very little about the ship and how it operates.

We’re in our mid 40s and this is our first Disney cruise but 12th cruise overall. We live about 20 minutes from Port Canaveral and have been Disney annual pass holders for three years now.

This was definitely a spur of the moment purchase. I was a bit bored at work and was wondering if anyone still went to Costa Maya. We’ve been cruising with RCCL the past few years and I didn’t think they went there anymore. I saw a military rate of $595 per person for a 05A cabin and I immediately called my wife to coordinate vacation with her boss and then called mine. Vacation time secured, we booked! The rate was gone 90 minutes later.

No excursions planned yet but I am reading to figure out what we might want to do. I can say that we absolutely loved the Mexican tasting and cuisine class in Cozumel. We have done it twice and it is by far our favorite excursion we have done.

And one question. What is a fish extender (FE) and how did it get its name?

YAY, we’re booked and glad to be joining you fine people on the Fantasy in 12 days. It’s not so much anticipation but curiosity when you book a cruise so close to departure and know very little about the ship and how it operates.

We’re in our mid 40s and this is our first Disney cruise but 12th cruise overall. We live about 20 minutes from Port Canaveral and have been Disney annual pass holders for three years now.

This was definitely a spur of the moment purchase. I was a bit bored at work and was wondering if anyone still went to Costa Maya. We’ve been cruising with RCCL the past few years and I didn’t think they went there anymore. I saw a military rate of $595 per person for a 05A cabin and I immediately called my wife to coordinate vacation with her boss and then called mine. Vacation time secured, we booked! The rate was gone 90 minutes later.

No excursions planned yet but I am reading to figure out what we might want to do. I can say that we absolutely loved the Mexican tasting and cuisine class in Cozumel. We have done it twice and it is by far our favorite excursion we have done.

A fish extender is a vertical pouch, say about 2 feet long or so, that has pouches in it. It hangs from a metal fish which is outside your stateroom door ( thus why they call it fish extender) The metal fish is usually used to attach notes from etc. Guests started the fish extender idea as a way to place small gifts in them for other guests that they have gotten to know or would like to get to know from the dis boards. This is why you see a list of who is sailing on a specific cruise and what age they are and names etc. If you wish you can participate. Just let the original poster of this thread know. People can give as many or as few gifts as they wish. Some people give tokens from the state they are from, others give candy or magnets etc. Some items come from the dollar store etc. Something fun basically for all who wish to partake.

This is why you see a list of who is sailing on a specific cruise and what age they are and names etc. If you wish you can participate. Just let the original poster of this thread know.

There seems to still be some misunderstanding on this point. I, the original poster of the thread, created the roll call list simply as a way to track those who have subscribed to the thread and will be on the cruise. It is a way for newcomers who don't wish to read the entire thread to see who else is on the cruise. It was my intent, at that time, to also coordinate the FE gift exchange, but life threw my family some curves, and for several months it looked like we wouldn't be on the cruise afterall. At that time mnrhannah07 volunteered to take over coordinating the FE.

The list for FE is maintained by mnrhannah07 offline to protect privacy, as cabin numbers and more personal demographics have to be shared. All inquiries regarding the FE should be private messaged to mnrhannah07.

The meet and greet at 3pm Saturday in the atrium is a short meeting mainly for the FE participants to receive the final list and make cabin number corrections that may occur due to last minute upgrades. However, anyone is welcome to show up to meet their fellow Disers. There is no "list" for the meet and greet.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit. :)

Welcome to all the new cruisers. I can't believe our trip is so close now!

A fish extender is a vertical pouch, say about 2 feet long or so, that has pouches in it.

Thanks. We're not going to participate. If we had more time it would be a possibility. In fact, we're not going to do much at all on this cruise except relax by the pool, enjoy exploring and attending events on the ship, and some light shopping in the ports, maybe a jet ski ride somewhere. it's a week without responsibilities.

GatorWayne said:

WOW!!! That is an awesome rate!!!!! I almost can't get over it!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WOW!!! That is an awesome rate!!!!! I almost can't get over it!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It was one we simple could not pass on. After upscaling our Allure cruise last month for our 25th anniversary we thought it was going to be quite awhile until our next cruise as we are having a pool built in the spring. I was positive it was a mistake until I verified it on the DCL website.

Thanks we did well up in Mass. Only power outages
Hope you did well yourself
After this boy do we need the vacation
Can't wait

We got our stateroom assignment yesterday! We had to call DCL to get it, but we have a room! We're so excited:banana: Can't believe we leave in 1 week!!!:dance3:

Only 10 days till we sail!! I'm super excited! This will be my husband and I first Disney cruise & well be celebrating our honeymoon & my husbands birthday on the cruise as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on this thread by chance has been assigned to room 6602 on the sailing.We have been assigned 6600 and 6604 and were trying to see if the family in 6602 would be willing to switch with us.

Thanks in advance!

Wow nine days away and I just discovered this whole website! Hi! My name is Megan and I'll be sailing with my parents both 46 and my aunt and uncle and their kids, about five and three years old. We're all huge cruisers and we're very excited! It's been a year since our last cruise and thats a year too long!

Waiting to read reports from the people on the Fantasy this week. I hope that all of the ports of call are ok (especially CC).

Kman34 said:
Waiting to read reports from the people on the Fantasy this week. I hope that all of the ports of call are ok (especially CC).

The Dream was supposedly going to CC today, 10/31 so hopefully those in that cruise will have an update when they get back tomorrow.

Looks like CC is ok:

I am back from this sailing. C C looked fine to me. I saw no debris anywhere. The vegitation was brown and mainly on one side of each plant so that is possible damage but I felt more like it appeared to be just how the plants were.

We docked Wednesday instead of Tuesday. The water was not cold but they cancelled the snorkel rentals because of the churned sand and potential not seeing of much.

There was a fair amount of wind the whole trip but nice weather. A little cool but not out of the ordinary for the time of year

Oh wow, I didn't even think about looking for a thread like this *cruise newbie*

My husband and I are Honeymooning on this cruise :goodvibes Maybe we'll see some of you guys around. If you see us, say hello and mention you're Disboard family :wave2:
1078577_600.jpg

Someone on another thread called DCL to get the current movie list. This was as if today, November 1st:

Cars 2 (3D)
The Help
The Muppets
War Horse
Chimpanzee
Frankinweenie
Lincoln
Brave (2D & 3D)
The Avengers
People Like Us
The Odd Life Of Timothy Green
Wreck it Ralph
Monsters Inc (3D)

Hopefully this list will be on our cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter