November planning - questions

thor369

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip and thinking of going in November with 5 and 2 year old.
Will take an uber or shuttle from airport, but does uber provide car seats or can we have them sit on our laps?

Thinking of going the week of Nov 25th for 5 nights, will it be very crowded? We are trying to go in November as I have read the weather is cooler than October.
Will the pools be open? will it be cold that pools can't be used?

We are flexible with dates, so if we can go on better days, we are open to it.

Uber's aren't required to have car seats....so they may or may not have one. You can get a Minnie van that will have a car seat or take magical express ( free to any Disney resort.) You can also hire a personal car...through an agency, they have one way and roundtrip fares.

Weather in November is still hit and miss. Sometimes warm enough for a swim, other times not. The pools at Disney resorts are open all year, unless rainy/ stormy weather. They are supposed to be heated to maybe 82 degrees( I think.) Although, most times this still feels cold to me..... different pools feel warmer though even at the same resort....so it will depend where you are staying too. The child shipwreck pool at BC always used to feel much warmer than SAB to us....but this past November it was infinitely colder! The other parts of SAB were much warmer .
Dates.....the week following Thanksgiving is always a nicer week in my opinion for crowds... I'm not sure if you are speaking of this November or next. The week prior to the holiday through to the Sunday following are pretty crowded. If you are flexible with dates arrive the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving. This year SWGE will be open, the second ride to open I think* Dec 5 or 6 th........so if you make the trip after Thanksgiving but before those Dec dates, I personally think you will have low crowds. If you are referring to 2020 year....who knows how crowds will be at this point! SWGE could make the whole year insane or it could wind down by then.
Have a magical first trip!!

You can take a shuttle bus from the airport without the need for a car seat. If you're staying in a Disney hotel, just hop on the magical express shuttle and you don't need a car seat either.

You can also request an uber that has a car seat right in the app but a lot of times the seats are only forward facing and the car may only have 1 car seat.

This will be our first trip and thinking of going in November with 5 and 2 year old.
Will take an uber or shuttle from airport, but does uber provide car seats or can we have them sit on our laps?

Thinking of going the week of Nov 25th for 5 nights, will it be very crowded? We are trying to go in November as I have read the weather is cooler than October.

You might want to consider taking the Disney operated bus from airport to your hotel assuming it's on property. Saves an easy $100.00 with tip included as the ride is free. They are quite comfortable probably more so than the plane you just got off, LOL, play a cute introduction to WDW, and only stop at the various resorts.

You can check touring plan's crowd checker to see how many people are expected. We've been there the week of Thanksgiving and found it acceptable and not as crowded as the Christmas crowd.

The pools are heated and still open the beginning of January which is the latest in the winter we've ever been to WDW. As previous poster pointed out the weather is hit and miss and if you want more details on this front check the forecast for the time you are planning as well as the historical records.
We travel there from the NE and have found that some days we are wearing our winter outerwear and other days we aren't.

We will be most likely staying in the Swan and Dolphin inside the resort but they don't have the Magical bus service. I think it would be just better to book a private transfer.
Now the question is about the weather and the dates. if we go we have to most likely go before the the thanksgiving week or during, can't do after.

You can also take the Magical Express

I don’t think you can to the swim/dolphin.
In agreement. No Magic Express access for guests of the Swan or Dolphin however they are entitled to use other transport Disney offers to the public.

Yes, you can according to the following which is also true in many US jurisdictions. Excerpted from an article about FL livery service and children car and booster seats:

"Florida car seat laws exempt chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicles if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation."

The way it’s working out for us. Look duke the trio may happen nov23rd to nov 28th.

I know some of you said to avoid that week and some of you said it’s ok crowd.

Based on flights and hotel prices etc. I think I have to make these dates work for us.

Here is a rough Itemerary
Saturday - arrive later afternoon, maybe pool? Or go to a MK for a few hours in the evening?
Sunday - MK
Monday - AK
Tuesday - HS
Wednesday - MK

Book FP for the popular rides and take it easy.

We won’t be able to do the FoP coz the 2 year old won’t meet the height restrictions.
How’s the savannah safari ride at AK.

Open to other suggestions too?

The way it’s working out for us. Look duke the trio may happen nov23rd to nov 28th.

Based on flights and hotel prices etc. I think I have to make these dates work for us.

Saturday - arrive later afternoon, maybe pool? Or go to a MK for a few hours in the evening?
Sunday - MK
Monday - AK
Tuesday - HS
Wednesday - MK

We won’t be able to do the FoP coz the 2 year old won’t meet the height restrictions.

Saturday:
I'd take the time to rest up after all the traveling you'll have done upon your arrival and bypass the parks that day. Since you plan to stay in the area, a visit to Boardwalk, could be more relaxing and give you a chance to acclimate yourselves to WDW and your close surroundings. A pool visit can be fun as well.

On your AK visit consider using rider swap for FoP if you've an interest.

Not sure if you are referring to the different guided tours https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/

or the Kilimanjaro Safari ride.
So far we've only done the ride and it was quite enjoyable and a favorite of many families. I'm sure other posters can speak on the guided tours.
One heads up for visiting AK. It's probably the biggest park in WDW and care is needed to keep from walking back and forth from one ride/attraction/restaurant to another. I divide the park into quadrants when making my plans to avoid excess walking. Using a park map (all of them are on this site) can make your life easier.

Have fun.

Sunday - MK
Monday - AK
Tuesday - HS
Wednesday - MK

We will be arriving that same day as well. We plan on taking it easy around the resort and having dinner at 1900 Park Fare since we will be staying at the GFV. My daughter with be 18 months when we go, so we are playing it by ear and letting her dictate how we tour.

In agreement. No Magic Express access for guests of the Swan or Dolphin however they are entitled to use other transport Disney offers to the public.

Yes, you can according to the following which is also true in many US jurisdictions. Excerpted from an article about FL livery service and children car and booster seats:

"Florida car seat laws exempt chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicles if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation."
The6 can still refuse to take you. It appears that the drivers would be exempt from a ticket, but not the parent. Uber family will provide one seat.

Booked hotel and flight for Nov 23rd to Nov 28th but nervous about a couple of things. It is always crowded, so if we plan for FP and take it easy, it should be alright correct?

We will be staying at the Swan, and decides to do 4 park days.

MK (2 days, maybe 3) and AK (1 day), skipping Epcot and HS, will we miss anything?

We will take the bus in the morning to go to the park, but for afternoon naps would it be better/faster to get Uber and come back and then take bus again to go to the park in the evening?

Should we carry diaper wipes etc. or better to just buy onsite?

Memory maker good idea?

Buying bands still recommended? staying in swan doesn't give you bands.

Is there a list of vegetarian fast food/must have etc. list of restaurant somewhere?

Booked hotel and flight for Nov 23rd to Nov 28th but nervous about a couple of things. It is always crowded, so if we plan for FP and take it easy, it should be alright correct? Yes.

We will be staying at the Swan, and decides to do 4 park days. Good for you! 4 park days is around the average time guests do the parks.

MK (2 days, maybe 3) and AK (1 day), skipping Epcot and HS, will we miss anything? I've never traveled w/ children in your age group to WDW so will leave others to respond on how many days for MK and AK. Of course you'll miss something by missing Epcot and HS. The important thing is if they are parks of interest to you. You'll never see everything at WDW in the time alloted which just gives you something to do on another trip:).

We will take the bus in the morning to go to the park, but for afternoon naps would it be better/faster to get Uber and come back and then take bus again to go to the park in the evening? Some thread you made in the past I included a link to a WDW bus map that included average time to get from one point to another. Take another look at it and decide if it's worth spending the extra funds for Uber for yourselves. Also only you know the signs of tiredness for your children and their normal naptimes.

Should we carry diaper wipes etc. or better to just buy onsite?. You'll still have to carry them around whether you buy them in the park or bring some from home. Personally, I'd bring from home along with a small Ziploc bag to replenish daily; less to carry.

Memory maker good idea? Been on 6 trips and somehow have never succumbed to the allure of Memory Maker, LOL. It's a personal choice to buy it.

Buying bands still recommended? staying in swan doesn't give you bands. You'll get a free plastic card from the Swan. I see people using them all the time at the parks. Some of my traveling children lose their bands frequently, one did it so much they just gave him a card, LOL.

Is there a list of vegetarian fast food/must have etc. list of restaurant somewhere?
Check the sticky at the top of the Dining forum.

Don't be nervous just enjoy. Any "mistakes" can be fixed next go round.

Your hotel is within walking distance of Epcot and DHS, I can’t imagine being right there and yet never going! I’d definitely get hoppers, we hopped every day at the beach club, even if just to walk over at night.

With two little kids, we would be wasting a lot of time hopping, but now that I think of it, since we will arrive the afternoon on Saturday, after checking in, maybe we go to Epcot or HS for the evening since the price for ticket between 4-5 days is not that much.

With two little kids, we would be wasting a lot of time hopping, but now that I think of it, since we will arrive the afternoon on Saturday, after checking in, maybe we go to Epcot or HS for the evening since the price for ticket between 4-5 days is not that much.
While it can take you 45 to get to MK or AK from the Swan, you can walk to Epcot or DHS in about 15 minutes, they are in your backyard.

Since the fireworks are so late at night and way past the kids bedtime plus the extra time it will take to get back to the hotel.

What do you guys think of this plan. we go in the morning around 9 and head back around around 3pm or go in the morning rope drop back to the hotel by 12-1pm and the head back into the park again at 5 pm and get back around 8pm.

I can do 3 hrs stretches and then I get cranky

@thor369 I think part of the first trip is making mistakes to find out what works for you....I honestly don't like going back and forth between the parks/hotels...but that's just me. If your kids are up early, just go when they wake up and stay as long as you can. Mine was a stroller napper, so that worked for us.
If you need a break, carousel of progress is a nice long place to take a breather....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter