November to Remember: W.I.S.H November 2022

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
November to Remember: W.I.S.H November 2022
1667186837967.png
We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOOHOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Hosts:
10.31 - 11.6... Oneanne
11.7 - 11.13... Summer2018
11.14 - 11.20... ShannyMcB
11.21 - 11.27... PAsFab5

11.28 - 12.4... PollyannaMom

Last edited:
1667229547474.png

Happy Halloween everyone. And happy Monday and almost first day of November.. how did we get here so quickly?

My November Goals:
... to drop 4 pounds
... to walk 10,000 step at least four days per week. To help with this goal I purchased a small under-desk treadmill which should arrive tomorrow. I know there's a 100% chance I'll use it for a while, then it will get relegated to the basement, just like every other "this is going to change my life" thing I've ever bought. But I also know it's a 100% chance I won't make my goal without it and walking in-place to get my steps in is not good and won't help with my WDW training because it is the wrong movement. So I'm giving it a try.
... to be able to bring my right foot up to rest on my left knee. I can do this with the left foot/right knee but my right side has been super tight for years so I'm working on opening that side up.

And lastly to put together a nice wardrobe for WDW. This has been more challenging than I had thought it would be, I've been trying to get navy blue leggings/jeggings and have had three rejects so far, sizing is so different between brands.

Last edited:

Intro:
I'm Summer, 58.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 63 & DD 24, turning 25 in 11 days.
Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.

November 2022 Goals...Stay on track and lose weight using NOOM; walk daily; forgive my missteps; learn from my mistakes; be flexible; practice self-care; handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

I lost a couple of pounds last week and will be working hard to lose more this week in preparation for my physical in one week. Even though I'm not as far along as I wish I was, one year ago I was twenty pounds heavier.

Shannon 39 from RI. Mom of 3 and full time employee at a bank (no I don't handle the money)
Motivation: to quote Walt "keep moving forward." Taking that literally going to try to get in over 5000 steps anytime I am working in the office. Portion control and limit mindless snacking by practicing mindfulness while eating.

Happy Halloween! 20221031_175726.jpg

TOPIC TUESDAY

1667275510810.png

Keying off of the title for this month, let's remember a few things.

1. A happy memory.
2. How it felt when you were at what you consider your best health.
3. Someone who influenced you in your life choices.

4. Something you are going to do this month that is going to make it a November to remember?

Did Halloween sneak up on anyone else this year? I legit went out at 130 yesterday to get pumpkins for the kids to paint tomorrow (last time we tried carving it was disaster) and hoping to put the Halloween gingerbread house together today.
Got my treats last weekend as giant boxes of oreos were on sale at BJs...but I feel very like caught off guard this year. At least it's not supposed to rain on Monday.
Yes. I even forgot to get my mom something for her birthday. It was the 30th. Yesterday went great. Both kids went out with friends and DH and I sat around the fire pit with our 2 neighbors and handed out candy. We got about double the kids this year. Normally we get about 5 to 10. This year was more like 20. It rained on and off all day but stopped for trick or treating and was about 60 out. It was perfect weather.
A happy memory.

4. Something you are going to do this month that is going to make it a November to remember?

1. Watching my kids do what they love and being the best version of themselves.
2. Over the pandemic I lost a decent amount of weight and I felt great. Things were fitting or getting too big and I was happy because by working out each day I was able to pull myself out of a dark place too. The shut done was not good for me.
3. My mom. I always ask her for advise. She is one strong women.
4. I am going to walk a mile a day. My mom is doing it too. I am also going to drink 20 oz of water a day. I am doing PT for my pelvic floor and there has been a lot of talk about this and needing to work on upping it. I need to start of slow and not add too much at one time. Slowly work up to 48 oz. If I do it too fast it will work against what we are trying to do with the PT.

Hi I am Stephanie. I live in Northeast Ohio with my 2 kids (DS 16 and DD 15) and DH. Kids keep me very busy with their activities. Both play HS soccer and Marching band. Thankfully both are done for the season. DD will do winter track but that is right after school for an hour and is very low key. He will also be playing club soccer for the first time. We will see how this goes. He wants to get better for the fall so he can play varsity. DD will still have her horseback riding lessons but that is just Saturday mornings. Time is finally back on my side. Hopefully DS will get his license soon too. This will help a lot.

DH's grandmother moved to an apartment close to us and we have been able to help her much more. She is really nervous about drive places now because she doesn't know where she is going. She drove to our house on Sunday for the first time but was really worked up driving home. So I had her drive and I followed her. She wanted to follow me but I thought it was best for her to drive it herself to start to learn. I would be there if she needed me though. There are tons of parking lots on our way. She made it by herself and did great. I asked her how she felt now and she said she felt much better and now thinks she can do it on her own. So we will do this from now on until she gets the feel for the area. It has been nice only having her about 5 to 10 minutes away. We have been able to just in and help when she needs it.

1. There was a moment during Christmas 2018 where I was able to step back, watch what was going on and realize everyone was happy, we were all having a great time and that we had reached the apex of what Christmas could be. It was such a fulfilling moment to be able to recognizes that and take it in.

2. I really felt great for my 2016 WDW trip - this is when my avatar pic was taken. I had just broken in to One-der-land and was able to buy regular XL clothing. The trip was one of the fun-est I've ever had, I did everything I wanted without running out of steam including the 4-Park Challenge.

3. I'm going to say my current boss has been a big influence. I've had supportive people thru-out my career, but working with her has matched up with my personal growth to where I can really appreciate what she does for me.

4. Going back to the 2016 WDW trip, one of the things that set the trip up to be great is that I did everything I told myself I would do to get ready, and this month I am going to do the same to get ready for my December trip. I'm considering this a month of being in training: getting my steps in and my yoga and eating healthfully is at the center of the center of my life... not things I fit in when I feel like it.

1667315363257.png

TOPIC TUESDAY

View attachment 715336

Keying off of the title for this month, let's remember a few things.

1. A happy memory.

1. My daughter's birth almost 25 years ago.
2. I had no idea how great I looked and how fortunate I was to be so young and healthy.
3. Colleagues.
4. Continue to lose weight instead of gaining and losing or just maintaining.

1. So many but most clear is taking a fireworks cruise on our wdw vaca in 2021. The kids loved it and it was so special to have that as part of our first trip. Even though I scheduled it in an attempt to avoid covid crowds which was not great I will forever have an image of my sons sitting with my inlaws marveling at the fireworks and DD being in absolute bliss letting the wind blow through her hair.
2. I felt confident and (can I say this here) sexy. I didn't weigh a lot less than I do currently but I was considerably more toned.
3. So many people. Right now I am taking stock of those who influenced me in both me emulating some traits and trying to engage in the opposite of others. Influence can come from positive and negative.
4. Really trying to lean in. September and October were nuts, I am hoping to slow down a bit and be more present

WOO HOO!!!
I survived the Halloween season without eating candy, doughnuts, or cupcakes for the first time ever and miraculously lost weight!!!

I endured saboteurs at every turn…food pushers with special seasonal treats only available now. I ignored those who had the nerve to try to guilt me for not making my special homemade treats for my students and coworkers. Why do naturally thin people want to keep others fat? I received zero support at home and school. It’s outrageous. Fortunately I am resolute…and very stubborn.

WOO HOO!!!
I am taking a personal day Monday for my physical giving me a four day weekend!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

The past few days have been so so busy I am glad I had a moment to catch up with everyone!

So glad we all survived Halloween!

DD and I leave tomorrow morning for our surprise mother daughter Disney World weekend-rundisney trip, I can’t believe it’s here, I am just so excited.

As it always goes right before you leave for vacation we have had a insanely busy week. DD worked Monday,Tuesday and today. Her work for online classes this quarter has to all be submitted by today. My work has been absolutely insane. I will be so glad when I wake up tomorrow and it’s time for a few days away from reality!!

Everyone take care and enjoy the rest of the week!

I am woohoo that the weather here has been great. We have been in the 60's everyday and at night we get down into the 40's (great sleeping weather). This weekend it will be in the 70's. It has been great to get outside.

Also, Friday I am going out with a group of friends. 3 of us see each other all the time since our boys are in soccer and marching band together but we don't get to see the 4th very often. Her son isn't playing any sports. So Friday we all had a free night to get together. I can't wait.

Tonight we will be seeing my dad. He lives in Kentucky so I don't see if often any more. He came up for a few days but didn't tell me he was coming until after he was already here. So I am glad my schedule permitted us to get together. He is always last minute but we are working on that. Last year he tried to plan a last minute trip with us and found out that it doesn't work because we could only go in the summer and there were no openings for the hotel that he has a time share at. Like no rooms anywhere we looked. He got more points and found a room in DC. So this year he booked a trip with us for next summer already. He booked this right after we got home last summer from our trip.

Happy Wednesday!!

The past few days have been so so busy I am glad I had a moment to catch up with everyone!

DD and I leave tomorrow morning for our surprise mother daughter Disney World weekend-rundisney trip, I can’t believe it’s here, I am just so excited.

As it always goes right before you leave for vacation we have had a insanely busy week. DD worked Monday,Tuesday and today. Her work for online classes this quarter has to all be submitted by today. My work has been absolutely insane. I will be so glad when I wake up tomorrow and it’s time for a few days away from reality!!

Safe travels. Have a blast!!!:tinker:party::mickeyjum:donald::dumbo::goofy::sulley::tigger::stitch::simba::maleficen

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope you have a fabulous time!

Woohoo... after thinking about it for like four months, I finally swapped out the bed/headboard. The new rug I ordered came yesterday and I really didn't like it for the living room so decided to put it in the bedroom, which meant completely stripping down the room, so I included swapping out the bed.

Woohoo... I've dropped a couple more pounds, so just slightly ahead of plan. I got outside for a walk during lunch yesterday and will do the same today. Tonight I'll get the new treadmill set up, and see how close to 10,000 steps I can get. Yesterday I got in 60 minutes of exercise with yoga and just 5000 steps, so I should really rack up the minutes getting to 10,000 steps.

Woohoo... I also got thru Halloween consuming no Halloween candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter