November to Remember: W.I.S.H November 2022

I did come up with “introvert” which is correct… and almost fell for the mushroom switch-er-roo. I like mushrooms but not so much to eat.

We had a big wind storm yesterday and last night, I ended up short on steps for the first time because all I wanted to do was snuggle and the kitties were agreeable to that.

Hello Everyone! Reporting live from Sunset Blvd!!

Trip is going great! Weather has been hot and sunny-perfect for me (DD has complained-but teenage girl ya know…) I have spent the last 2 mornings by the pool reading (well Friday we were up at 3am, did a 5K and we’re back in bed at 8am lol) while DD sleeps in and then we do parks from noon-close.

Everything has been great we are still going slow with lots of breaks for DD, but I feel like we get a lot done, everything we want to for sure.

The line for Fantasmic is absolutely nuts, we are not even going to attempt it. I will try and get a picture and post it.

Last ride of the trip DD is riding rock and roller coaster until they throw her off. Let’s see how long after 9pm they let her keep getting on!!

6am flight tomorrow hoping to be at church at 930am!!

Had planned to stroll thru the Farmer’s Market this morning, but the weather is wet and wild out there so will have to rethink those plans.

My big self care for today is to drop off my ballot. After that more test outfit planning and test packing. Then the football game and after that another haircut. Yesterday I decided to cut it super short for the trip and decided to just do it now.

Wasn't much time for self care today. Lots of laundry to do and errands to run. But if DD goes to sleep quickly I'll try to do my virtual PT. Potty training her is doing a number on my back but we'll get there...one way or another.
The weather this weekend was nice, we were able to open the windows for a bit. I know it won't last long but a day here and there is lovely.
Been having some really weird dreams lately. Do you ever have dreams where you can feel something happen? I HATE that I have the worst time getting back to sleep after. It's happened twice in a matter of weeks and all set with it.
Not sure what tomorrow's motivation will be. Trying to stay positive through all the political nonsense? We'll see.

Yes, hello Monday and new week! I wasn't sure what time the sun would be coming up with the time change, so wasn't mentally prepared to get out for a pre-work walk this morning when it came up at 7am. But the remainder of the week is forecast to be mostly dry, so I am planning on getting out in the coming mornings. I used the extra time from getting up early this morning to do a few chores around the house, which is something really different for me. Normally morning hours are just for getting ready for work.

I only had one day with 10,000 steps last week, so I will try for two this week. I got a bunch of root veggies to roast and I'll get them cooked some time today so that I have them for the remainder of the week. This is my acupuncture and chiropractor week, so I should be feeling pretty darn good.

Monday Monday….

Gorgeous day here and very warm for this time of year, I have gotten out 2xs so far for power walks around the block. I have my office window open enjoying the warm breeze and the sun…speaking of sun…

Back from Disney yesterday morning-left the hotel at 4am and landed at our home airport at 8am-what a efficient travel day! We did indeed make it to church at 930am too, which was great.

Our trip was fantastic! The race was so great, highly recommended anyone who has the opportunity to do a run Disney event-do it! Even if you just walk the 5k! We walked a lot-did a few breaks on benches and we still didn’t finish last, LOL! I could have ran the entire thing but DD needed to pace herself and I was prepared for that.

We ate anything and everything we wanted, lots of junk and sugar and I am feeling it today. Polite pig, Gheradellis hot fudge sundaes in Disney springs, Mickey breakfast platters from the food court every morning, Mickey Rice Krispie treats, Mickey bars, Mickey pretzels, popcorn, chicken waffle sandwiches…the list goes on and on!! Back to healthy eating, exercise and water today-it’s going well so far.

The memories we made were amazing and we hope to be blessed with health and finances to do it again next year!

Everyone enjoy your Monday!

We had a great weekend. It was so nice here. Today though has been crazy. My 2 employees that were going to do a presentation today both ended up sick. One with Covid. I had to take DD to get blood work this morning and try to get to the office in time to do the presentation. I wasn't able to push the blood work back a day, well I could of but I felt bad doing that. DD can't have chocolate, garlic, ibuprofen, or Aspin 3-4 days before and I didn't want her to wait another day. Trying to avoid garlic is hard. I left at 6:30 am with DD, went downtown, got the blood work done, drove back to our city, got her Starbucks an dunkin, dropped her off at school and then drove back downtown. I got to the office at about 9. Plenty of time to do the presentation. After the presentation I moved my stuff back to my new desk and unpacked. We have been going through an over haul of our offices because we have out grown it. We have been in like a big conference room for almost 2 months. it was nice to finally get back to my desk. I didn't sit (except in the car) until about noon. Now DD gets to pick dinner. I feel so bad when she has this blood work. Not only can she not eat a lot of foods it is like 14-16 vials of blood. So I spoiler her when she gets this done. Hopefully she is done with having to get this one done. This was just to verify and confirm the results in February that she does have the clotting disorder.

So one year ago at my annual physical, I was about 10 pounds heavier than I am now. Then the holidays came, we got covid and missed seeing our family for the second year in a row. Looking back I realize that I was depressed. And I ate, and I ate. I added another 15 pounds to myself which led me to the highest weight I have ever been.

You all witnessed me getting my act together in late December...I believe it was around the 28th...surprisingly before New Year's Eve...I had had ENOUGH. By June, I lost 27 pounds. Yay!

I got really off track over the summer dealing with the neanderthals gutting my bathroom and renovating it. They basically took over the house creating chaos and a mess that took us a long time to clean up...we still have to deal with new carpet for the stairs. When they were around, I was very stressed out and I ate, and I ate. Then my amazing vacation on Cape Cod, and I ate, and I ate.
I gained 10 pounds of the 27 I lost, and it has taken me until now to drop that 10 pounds.

I had really wanted to weigh much less for my physical yesterday, but 10 pounds less is better than 10 pounds more. Either way, my doctor still wasn't happy. The appointment wasn't pleasant to say the least. Overall, I'm very healthy except for my weight. I normally leave that appointment and seek the most sinful thing to eat and rebel for about a week or so. Apparently I have grown. Apparently NOOM is working, because I just came home and had some toast, a normal dinner...although I did splurge on a cocktail or two. But, the rebel didn't come out. I didn't binge out of anger. Progress is being made.

So, I am starting where I am...27 pounds down from December 2021.

The goal is to continue working on weight loss except for the actual special occasions themselves. I will not deny myself at my daughter's birthday party, Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day. I also will not sit and watch tv eating whatever I please nonstop because I'm sad. I will handle my emotions in a healthier way going forward. :flower:

I appreciate your support more than you know. I rarely get validation for my hard work from medical professionals or anyone else really. You are all essential to my healing process and finding my way back to myself before I became so out of control. I am so grateful for all of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter