November to Remember: W.I.S.H November 2022

Woohoo... it's Thanksgiving Eve! I have a light work schedule today and just one thing that I absolutely have to get done. I think I can handle it.

Woohoo... food is prepared and ready to go, I just need to pack an overnight bag and clean out the car.

Woohoo... yesterday I added an additional day to the beginning of my vacation, so now I have all day next Thursday to finish getting ready, then I'll head to the airport around 12 noon on Friday for my 3pm flight! The 10-day Orlando weather forecast now goes to the 7th and every day it is mid-70s with little chance of rain... hopefully that will stay as-is!

1669223748486.png

Woowhoo Thanksgiving food prep is just over half done. The kids are with my inlaws and want to help with the greenbeans so I need to wait for them for that.

Woowhoo the weather for Thursday looks nice....not too cold or raining perfect for driving. And not too hot so we don't have to worry about sweating in the kitchen. Over the last few years we have had sweaty years and a year that the temp didn't leave the single digits...so almost 50 is perfect.

E51E1754-6FB9-4D53-9290-AF9A696E110B.jpeg
Happy Free for all Friday!!! How was everyone’s thanksgiving and what are your weekend plans??

Our thanksgiving was wonderful-family was great, food was fantastic and the weather was gorgeous!!

Leaving here soon to go chop down our tree with our extended family and I plan to decorate for Christmas today.

Enjoy your day everyone ❤️

We had a relaxing and rather quiet Thanksgiving. I’m definitely not used to eating so much. My pie turned out really well. I used a Food Network recipe instead of my usual one. That was a good call.

DD is working because of Black Friday. Bloomingdale’s wants their full visual design team on deck to maintain the look of the store while customers do their damage. So we are beginning to decorate but saving the tree decorations for when the Professional Designer will be home to help.

DH and I ran out early to Home Goods to pick up some Spode Christmas tree dishes for DD. I will eventually be passing my dishes on to her, but she wants to begin collecting her own now. I got great deals on Spode’s website, but the Home Goods prices can’t be beat.

Enjoy these next few days one and all.🎄

Weather yesterday was perfect for a walk on the beach, it was a super high "king" tide which was different. Dinner was light so not feeling stuffed this morning. Taking a work call in a few minutes then hitting the road to head home.

Plans for the weekend... tomorrow morning I have my waxing appointment - thank goodness! Sunday I have my pedicure, I'm planning on doing something fancy with different colors. Other than that it is cleaning house and getting the rest of the holiday decorations up, I'd like to be mostly done over the weekend, then just the finishing touches Thursday... when I have my first day of vacation!

Yesterday was a nice day, first full family Thanksgiving since covid. Little harder with my dad gone but not as bad as I was anticipating.
Today I had to work, did part of the day in the office and part at home. DH and the boys put out the lights outside. Tomorrow the scout troop is hanging Christmas wreaths and we are going on the polar express.

49510208-E6B8-4601-9B28-2029F954A50F.jpeg
Happy Saturday!!!

For social Saturday:

If you celebrate Christmas (I think all of us regulars do if I remember correctly but if I am wrong please correct me!) I have a question for you:

How much Christmas shopping do you have done?!?!

I would say I am at 50% and I am happy with that. I have done 100% online so far but next weekend I go with my mother, daughter and sisters to Philadelphia for a day of in mall shopping (King of Prussia mall) so hoping to get some things for my hard to shop for family there!

My side of the family does secret Santa and since it was our year to spend Thanksgiving with DHs family I will be doing the secret Santa drawing via video to each person today. I take my responsibility of this very seriously LOL.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday!!

I’ve just barely started. This year I’m doing goodie bags, but with more substantial things, not nick-nacky odds and ends. Yesterday I ordered candles from my favorite small business candle maker. And I’ll be making a batch of my holiday Chex mix at some point. Other than that I haven’t settled on what else to put in them.

Last edited:
My side of the family does secret Santa and since it was our year to spend Thanksgiving with DHs family I will be doing the secret Santa drawing via video to each person today. I take my responsibility of this very seriously LOL.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday!!
We use drawnames.com it works great for DH's family secret Santa. You can create wish lists, ask anonymous questions and even set exclusions so spouses can't draw eachother. It also has a space to add wish lists for kids not participating in secret Santa.

I finished buying for my friends and colleagues, DH, and DD. Most of my family was done before today except for my great niece and great nephew. Their mother is very particular. In other words, if we don't get something from their list, our gifts will be donated or regifted. We don't normally see them as often as we would like because they live over an hour away and everyone is busy. The pandemic exacerbated that and we haven't spent any quality time with these children since Christmas 2019. We have no clue what they like now, don't know their sizes, don't want to duplicate what they already have, or get them something they don't want. My great nephew's birthday is 3 days after Christmas, so it's double the gifts for him. I've been asking their parents all week for ideas, but haven't gotten much info. Everything my great niece wants is sold out in her size at every store they are carried. DD finally found it, so she is all set. I googled "gifts for tween girls" and read ALL of the articles. There were certain items in each article that seemed pretty cool, so I went with those. My nephew finally got back to me about my great nephew. Wow. He's grown up a lot. No more legos. Sports merchandise instead. So DD and I got everything that we could...again, so much was sold out.

We decorated the big tree in the living room today. We will do the blue tree in the dining room and finish decorating the rest of the house tomorrow.

I am still stuffed from Thanksgiving! DS1 had the flu so they stayed home, DS2's fiancée spent the previous night in the ER so they stayed home. It was just one brother and my parents at their house. We did go to dollar store on Friday to get containers. Packed up some meals for the 4 and delivered them today on our way home. Everyone is doing much, much better.

No decorating this year since we'll be at WDW. DS2's birthday is mid-December so we never decorate until after that anyway. Tomorrow Advent begins so I will head up to the attic for my advent wreath, then the search begins for purple candles that match that aren't stubs! :rotfl2: And I will grab my cheat sheet of daily Advent readings. I always find a verse for the day and write it on our white board. Last year we were "between" white boards so it'll be nice to have it back!

Also no presents this year since we're paying for their trip to WDW. I will order a Harry & David monthly something for my parents. I think I'm going to skip Secret Santa at work this year. I love doing it for someone, but really don't want anything for myself.

69F2406A-682D-4654-B565-D34A1D0D7BF1.jpeg
Morning Friends!!! I thought this was so cute and appropriate for us because we are always doing something even when we are to be resting, but I hope everyone finds some time for self care today!!
DD, DH and I did a impromptu trip to the mall yesterday, DH was taking DD to return something and I said I would tag along and I am SO glad we went! We each got a good amount of shopping done and we went out for Vietnamese food for dinner which was absolutely delicious!
Heading out here shortly to the spca to walk and hopefully do some yoga this afternoon!
Everyone enjoy your day!!!

Unfortunately, most of the time, Sunday is about completing chores. I would prefer to be going to church like the old days and doing something fun with family. Covid keeps us from going to church in person. Saturdays aren't long enough to get everything done. I hope that one day I can have a more balanced weekend and include more rest on Sundays.

In the meantime, I got the unpleasant things done in the morning. This afternoon is for decorating our second tree, affectionately known as the "blue tree" which is a 4.5 foot green tree with blue and silver ornaments in our dining room. I would love to have a third tree for all of our Disney ornaments. They are mixed in with all of our other ornaments on our big tree in the living room.

I hope that everyone finds time to relax before the new work week begins...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter