October 17th, 2023 - 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Canada)

So it looks like Halloween will be on our port day and not tomorrow which will be pirate night

:wave2:Hey everyone! Hope you’re having a great cruise. Today is our day in Canada so if you want to check in while you have Canadian internet signal give us a post. We would love to hear how your vacation is going.

Hope some of you found some ducks that very first night. I made sure I got them all hidden early and it looks like quite a few posted on the other site they found some. :goodvibes

I just wanted to thank everyone who has participated in our Fish Exchange. Everyone has given such great gifts! :fish:

Tonight is Halloween here on the Dream. We have our costumes ready! DH will be a Pizza Planet delivery guy🍕, DS has his Darth Vader costume t-shirt :darth: and I have my bright orange pumpkin poncho.🎃

Hope everyone had a great day in Saint John yesterday. We did our own walking tour. Made stops at the City Market, the Drug Store and $1 Store Plus in the Brunswick Square Mall and had the Maple Pecan Bianca Pizza at Pomodori Pizzeria.

The drugs store was a great stop to get our Canadian Maple syrup and Canadian candies cheaper then near or at port shops.

Good Morning Everyone! :goodvibes

Welcome back to New York. For those who were still sleeping we passed under the Verrazano bridge at 4:25am and passed the Statue of Liberty at 4:45am. We started pulling into the dock at 5:30am.

IMG_1641.jpeg
IMG_1642.jpeg
IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg
IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

Waiting in line to get our passports checked. I figured I would post photos of people exiting the dream this morning.

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1664.jpeg

Made it to the ferry to catch the 8:50am back over to Port Imperial. Rain wasn’t too bad. Was prepared with rain ponchos and umbrellas. :goodvibes

If you didn’t attend the final Jackpot Bingo here were the prices. We were one number away from winning. We needed B5 and they called B7.

IMG_0394.jpeg

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Fish Exchange! We got so many great items. We had a lot of people who were giving Pixie Dust gifts on our sailing too. :goodvibes

Question, as Castaway Club silver members, are we supposed to receive a gift each time we sail? We didn’t get anything except for the silver lanyard. It was only our second cruise as silver and weren’t sure if we get something extra each time we sail. Just curious.

Question, as Castaway Club silver members, are we supposed to receive a gift each time we sail? We didn’t get anything except for the silver lanyard. It was only our second cruise as silver and weren’t sure if we get something extra each time we sail. Just curious.
Yes, as a silver member you should have received your silver lanyards and a bag.

1698049629046.jpeg

As a gold member we got our lanyards, the bag and also the wet dry bag.

1698049839968.jpeg

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the FE. It was so fun finding things when we got back to the room.

Our trip had some ups and downs. Apparently my toddler loves characters soooo much she didn't want to wait her turn and had tantrums to levels we had never seen before, so that was fun for us and everyone else in line. And unfortunately we missed all of Halloween because my daughter was under the weather that day and slept through everything including dinner. Also, being my first time, I was a little overwhelmed and I didn't really get the hang of the character lines and timing of things until Friday so we didn't get to a lot of things I wanted to do. If we were on a 7 day I would have been a pro the second half lol.

The Pros, number one had to be the staff. We had lost my daughters sippy cup and like magic they found it the next day. When she was sleeping and we missed dinner, I went down to the restaurant to see if I could get the main course my husband was really looking forward to and Vishal our server not only did that but made sure all 3 of us had apps, mains and desserts and brought it to our room for us, even though I said it wasn't necessary, he insisted. And Nick the photographer he worked so hard to get my daughter to smile in her pictures, you can tell when he took them vs the other shots. He would even play with her when he saw her just walking around the ship, he always had her laughing.

Another pro and my best memory was The Golden Mickeys, my daughter danced the whole show and it was her first time in a theater, watching her enjoy it brought back memories of my Grandmother, and to get to experience her first "Broadway" type show was very special to me.

Our take away, would we sail again? Yes, but I think we'll be waiting until DD is a little older so we all can enjoy the trip a little more.
Thank you again for all your help to prepare us for this trip. Next year Disney World!
PXL_20231020_204114630.PORTRAIT.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the FE. It was so fun finding things when we got back to the room.

Our trip had some ups and downs. Apparently my toddler loves characters soooo much she didn't want to wait her turn and had tantrums to levels we had never seen before, so that was fun for us and everyone else in line. And unfortunately we missed all of Halloween because my daughter was under the weather that day and slept through everything including dinner. Also, being my first time, I was a little overwhelmed and I didn't really get the hang of the character lines and timing of things until Friday so we didn't get to a lot of things I wanted to do. If we were on a 7 day I would have been a pro the second half lol.

The Pros, number one had to be the staff. We had lost my daughters sippy cup and like magic they found it the next day. When she was sleeping and we missed dinner, I went down to the restaurant to see if I could get the main course my husband was really looking forward to and Vishal our server not only did that but made sure all 3 of us had apps, mains and desserts and brought it to our room for us, even though I said it wasn't necessary, he insisted. And Nick the photographer he worked so hard to get my daughter to smile in her pictures, you can tell when he took them vs the other shots. He would even play with her when he saw her just walking around the ship, he always had her laughing.

Another pro and my best memory was The Golden Mickeys, my daughter danced the whole show and it was her first time in a theater, watching her enjoy it brought back memories of my Grandmother, and to get to experience her first "Broadway" type show was very special to me.

Our take away, would we sail again? Yes, but I think we'll be waiting until DD is a little older so we all can enjoy the trip a little more.
Thank you again for all your help to prepare us for this trip. Next year Disney World!
View attachment 804415

Glad you enjoyed your cruise even with the ups and downs. Now you’re prepared for an even better cruise next time. It is great once they are older and don’t want to leave the kids clubs cause they are having so much fun. We set an alarm on DS’s phone so he knows to meet us for dinner each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter