October 2003 Adults and Solo Travelers

I'm planning on going to Epcot (for the new Space ride) and Blizzard Beach. My fond childhood memories are of Disneyland, having been to WDW only twice before for a week at a time. I want to go to Universal to ride Spiderman and Back to the Future. I hope to spend the week from Oct. 11 to Oct. 19 having fun in the sun. There'll be 3 of us: me, myself and I. But I wouldn't mind sharing the experience with a like-minded soul.

Bill

Hi folks,
It seems a lot of us will be in WDW at/around the same time! My partner and I will be staying at the BWI from 10/17-25 and we cannot wait!

We love to meet other Disney fans so if anyone is inclined, get in touch. Be great to meet up at Pleasure Island for a drink or two!

DH and I will be staying at CBR Oct 18-25 in honor of our 5 th anniversary in Sept. We are planning on going to the MNSSHP on the 19th as long as it doesn't sell out before we get around to buying our tickets! From the looks of this thread I think that we will have some great company while there. I just wish Oct would hurry up and get here!

Heather

nice thread.......first solo(w/o kids) trip for DW and I....October 24 - 31 @ POR.
Get together wud be great.

I will be at the AKL from the 7th to the 14th. The rest of my group will be meeting me on the 10th, I believe. I also think I am going to try to do MNSSHP on the 10th. If anyone wishes to get together, let me know.

10/29 - 11/1 at OKW.

I won't be going to MNSSHP. I do Halloween at PI.

TDC Nala, while I won't be at WDW on 10/31 (I leave for home on 10/25), do they do anything special at PI on Halloween? It may be something to consider for a future trip. :)

we wont be doing the MNSSHP either.....the "adventures club" was so great last time. we loved it. we might go there. dont forget the lime green whatever.

It may be obvious that I'm an Adventurers Club addict so that's what I'm going to do. I did it last year, spent the entire evening there. They have a special show for Halloween. Wear a costume; there are lots of costumes.

We won't be at WDW on Halloween this year unfortunately. I can assure you, however, that it's a blast. We were there two years ago and were in the costume contest held on the West End Stage. It was great!
That year, I was dressed as Michael Myers of Halloween fame, with the bullet riddled jump suit and knife to boot! I know it wasn't exactly "Disney" but it was fun stalking about the park, scaring the bejesus out of folks! And who'd a thunk I'd be a celebrity? Folks kept stopping me time and time again to take a picture with them!
Sadly, I didn't win the contest but then again, I didn't think I would. I was just thrilled to be up on that stage in front of hundreds of folks!

DBF and myself will be there from 10/24 till 07/11.

We are going to MNSSHP on the 26th and 31st.

Would be great if we met fellow disers!!!

Making my first solo trip 10/15-10/22.:teeth:

If I can make it that far without going CrAzY!!!:crazy:

I'm so glad for these boards, cuz my friends and co-workers have a hard time understanding why a guy in his mid-thirties who been there over 20 times can get sooooo excited planning a trip the WDW. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

What I don't understand is how you couldn't get excited. :rolleyes:

I am trying really hard to get excited about going solo in October, but I am a little sad about the circumstances. I was supposed to go with my boyfriend, but we broke up. None of my friends have the finances to go, so I will be alone. I will be there October 30- November7...that is a long trip to do solo! I am just not sure what to do...but I DO know that I do not want to cancel. Any suggestions??

Welcome to the DIS Adult/Solo Board, Aprilisis. You'll find some very helpful people here. I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions. That is definitely not topo much time for a solo trip. You'll be able to leisurely enjoy the parks and your resort. By Oct, you'll be very excited about the trip, I promise!

My DH and I will be there Oct 2-6. First time at Disney without the kids. (feeling somewhat guilty). Wondering if MNSSHP is a good take without kids. Thinking of going on the 5th.

I'll be at WDW 10/26 through 11/2/03.

See you there!

:bounce:

aprilisis & Margie - Maybe we can get a solo meet going on. I'll be there 10/29 to 11/2 and doing MNSSHP on 10/31. I'll be meeting my friend Sonya (ctgirluvsmickey) there. We are always looking to meet more DISer's.

<B>Hey SOLOS -</B> Please check out the new <B><a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393800">SOLO CENTRAL</A></B> threads just for us!

HI !

J and I are going Oct 18 - Oact 25 for our 30th anniversary! (Yes that means I'm over 21)

Last time we were at Disney World Epcot had just opened! I'm so excited and glad to find some other people excited too!

Can't wait to check out the Food and Wine Festival!

Staying at Wilderness Lodge. Sorry. Don't know the codes.

I will be going from Oct 18 to 26 as a solo guy. I have already planned out every day!

It is great to have this forum to discuss things.

Mission Space will be open!!! I cannot wait to try that. The information so far is great.

I have not been in five years, so there is a lot for me to see. I will be staying for the first time at the Wilderness Lodge. It sounds like it will be a real experience!

The Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be a major blast too!!

I wish everyone a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter