October 2003 Adults and Solo Travelers

Originally posted by blueflax
HI !

J and I are going Oct 18 - Oact 25 for our 30th anniversary! (Yes that means I'm over 21)

Last time we were at Disney World Epcot had just opened! I'm so excited and glad to find some other people excited too!

Can't wait to check out the Food and Wine Festival!

Staying at Wilderness Lodge. Sorry. Don't know the codes.

Hey there Blueflax! Welcome to the DIS! My Disney Wife (DW) and I will be at the Poly Oct 21 -31st. We love the EF&WF also... can't wait to eat and drink our way around the world! Don't forget to get one of those food and wine programs so you can attend the special seminars that are put on as a part of the festival. Last year was our first time at the F&WF and we decided to attend one not really knowing what was up. But what a treat it was! Don't just pass them up...

Once again, welcome to the DIS family!

Darian

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
I will be going from Oct 18 to 26 as a solo guy. I have already planned out every day!

It is great to have this forum to discuss things.

Mission Space will be open!!! I cannot wait to try that. The information so far is great.

I have not been in five years, so there is a lot for me to see. I will be staying for the first time at the Wilderness Lodge. It sounds like it will be a real experience!

The Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be a major blast too!!

I wish everyone a great trip.

What a coincidence! Me, too, except I'll be at All-Stars Movies. If you're interested in meeting other DISboarders, there may be some at the Adventurer's Club on Saturday night, Oct. 18. I hope to be there - and wearing a lime green ribbon! :)

Welcome to the forums (from another newcomer).

Darian,
Thanks for the BIG WELCOME and the "heads up" about the special seminars at the F&WF. Since you have been before, could you tell me if you "do" PS's at restaurants or do you get full at the booths at the festival? Also I have scheduled three afternoons (11 am to ?) for the F&FW. Is this enough time to experience it? Thanks for you help!

Jiminy Cricket Fan and Billybaruch1,

Great to have some company for Oct 18-25th and I noticed your new to the board too! Welcome from another newbie! J and I will definitely be at Pleasure Island on Saturday Night (Oct 18th)
right after the MK Fireworks! Reading reviews about Pleasure Island is how I finessed J to go to WDW. He still thinks it's for kids. And he hates flying! But he loves the House of Blues and a whole island of night life was more temptation than he could pass up! (haha)

Originally posted by billybaruch1
What a coincidence! Me, too, except I'll be at All-Stars Movies. If you're interested in meeting other DISboarders, there may be some at the Adventurer's Club on Saturday night, Oct. 18. I hope to be there - and wearing a lime green ribbon! :)

Welcome to the forums (from another newcomer).

Great! It will be fun seeing some people. I will be wearing a lime green name tag. (I got it from the Passporter web page.) According to my schedule, I am supposed to be there about 9PM. I have never been to the Adventurer's club, but I have read great things about it.

See you there!:bounce:

Yes, by all means go to the MNSSHP! It isn't just for children. DW and I (40-something empty nesters) are doing our first trip to WDW as a couple and we're doing MNSSHP 10/3 AND 10/5. Not only is it a fun chance to see the MK in a spooky mode, but it is a chance to stay there until MIDNIGHT!

I will be going solo to Disney World for the October 19 MNSSHP. My parents, brother and I will be getting back from a Disney Cruise October 19. The family heads home and I stay for an extra night! I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for my one night in Disney! I'm very excited! I tried convincing my friends to come to meet at Disney World for a couple days....but they all just think I'm a freak!:D This will be my frist time at Disney alone!

I will be at MNSSHP on Oct. 19 and will probably have my thirty-something nephew with me. We did it the same date last year (which is his birthday) and went <B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/disfall02/dscn2518.jpg" target="index">in costume</A></B>. If you <I>really</I> don't want to be alone and would like the company of one or two other "Disney freaks," let me know and we can probably meet somewhere there. You can PM me or click the e-mail button below for me.

Shari

My wife and I will be at WDW the week of the 12th -17th. She has meetings the 12th-15th, maybe we could say hello sometime.

Originally posted by blueflax
Darian,
Thanks for the BIG WELCOME and the "heads up" about the special seminars at the F&WF. Since you have been before, could you tell me if you "do" PS's at restaurants or do you get full at the booths at the festival? Also I have scheduled three afternoons (11 am to ?) for the F&FW. Is this enough time to experience it? Thanks for you help!

Jiminy Cricket Fan and Billybaruch1,

Great to have some company for Oct 18-25th and I noticed your new to the board too! Welcome from another newbie! J and I will definitely be at Pleasure Island on Saturday Night (Oct 18th)
right after the MK Fireworks! Reading reviews about Pleasure Island is how I finessed J to go to WDW. He still thinks it's for kids. And he hates flying! But he loves the House of Blues and a whole island of night life was more temptation than he could pass up! (haha)

Hey there Blueflax!

You are very welcome! sorry for the slow reply! We try to mix up the days spent going from "booth to booth" sampling the treats with sit down dinners at various nice disney resorts. We've also scheduled some of the special dinners/pairings etc that can be a bit difficult to get. The really, really important thing is to attend the various seminars & demonstrations put on by the wineries and other that are actually free to attend to everyone inside Epcot. They aren't high on some folk's agenda, but those seminars really made the food and wine festival for me and my DW.

I've never been to PL so couldn't do much beyond passing on what others have experienced: fun place for adults and kids during the day but at night... well, supposidly its not the best place for kids. Just hearsay on my part as I personally haven't been there before. Maybe this year? We'll be at the poly from oct 21 to 31 so maybe we can join you for a wine seminar?

Darian

<b>Welcome to the Adult/Solo Board, valurpal</b>.

DW and myself will be there Oct 23-Nov1. We don't have kids, but have taken family the last 2 trips.

DH and I arrive 10/28 for 6 nights at BWV.

We have PS for flying fish on 10/28..our favorite dining spot!

10/30 - attending MNSSHP. Went on 10/31 2 years ago, park was very crowded, so thought we'd try a day earlier this year. A fun event just to people watch, as so many people come dressed in great costumes. Sadly, not us....just don't have the imagination to think of a costume, let alone pack all the stuff! lol!

11/1 - attending party for the senses at Epcot.
11/2 - attending Signature Dinner - Bistro D Paris/Epcot

Remainder of the trip...enjoying the food and wine festival events.

Peggy Sue

Thanks so much Karen.........
These boards are so helpful. This will be my 4th time solo and I love it......

My husband and I will be staying at the All Star Movies Oct. 17 - 25. We are going to MNSSHP on the 19th and 24th.

DH and I will be there from 10-19 to 10-22 :D
We will be at MNNSHP on the 19th :Pinkbounc

Mom and I are going for a Girls only trip from Oct 18th to the 25th, and we will be at MNSSHP on the 24th!!

My solo trip is Oct 23-31st... MNSSHP on the 30th! Peggy Sue and anyone else that wants to meet while I'm there- please let me know! :)

Been lurking on these boards for awhile now, but just had to finally post! DH and I will be heading down the 9th to the 16th. He's got a conference the 12th - 15th, so I'll be flying solo for a few days during the day. If anyone is interested in hooking up for lunch - I would love to meet!

<b>Welcome to the Adult/Solo Board, mookiebear</b>. I'm sorry I'll just miss you by a few days. DD and I are heading down the 18th -cruising 19-23, then back to WDW until the 26th. We're doing MNSSHP on the 24th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter