• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October Check in - Halloween and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours are finally up for our trip dates and I'm thrilled that the DL hours are longer than I'd expected for our last two days. Now I'd like to see the fireworks schedules, too, so I know if we'll be catching them on our arrival day from outside to get us even more psyched up for our first morning in the parks the following day.

Hi fairykin, next time you update the list could you please update my info? I'm currently listed as "mom2pirateNpooh....21st thru 25th." We're staying at Hojo and attending the MToT party on Oct. 22. The whole family will be dressed as pirates pirate: for the party. Thanks! Getting excited about our trip! :woohoo:

Just wanted to say a big :yay::worship::yay: THANK YOU!!! :yay::worship::yay: to fairykin for keeping this monumental list up to date! :thumbsup2

And for all those attending the ToT party on the 15th (looks like there are about a dozen of us at this point) - hope to see you there! :banana:

I am sooo excited!! ONE MORE MONTH!!! We went two years ago, but this time I'm really going all out. Wooo hoooo!!

:)They just posted the hours for Tuesday, October 27th (our last night in the parks) and DL is closing at 6 p.m. I'm kind of bummed about this, but we have such a long trip this time that we'll have other nights to enjoy the longer hours during the week before. Does anyone know why they are closing DL early on that night....A private party maybe?

:)They just posted the hours for Tuesday, October 27th (our last night in the parks) and DL is closing at 6 p.m. I'm kind of bummed about this, but we have such a long trip this time that we'll have other nights to enjoy the longer hours during the week before. Does anyone know why they are closing DL early on that night....A private party maybe?

It might just be a Tuesday thing in the off season. We're going a couple of weeks before you and our Tuesday (the 13th) has DL closing at 6pm also :confused3

:)
It might just be a Tuesday thing in the off season. We're going a couple of weeks before you and our Tuesday (the 13th) has DL closing at 6pm also :confused3
I think you are looking at DCA's hours. It is closing at 6 p.m. on weekdays but DL is listed as closing at 8 or 9 p.m. on all other October weekdays. The night that I mentioned is the only one where it's closing at 6 p.m. and usually when that happens, it's because of a private party or something similar. Even in the off-season, DL never closes that early on a weekday without an additional reason. And looking at the longer hours this year for October (9-9 on many weekdays), I don't think October can be considered off-season any longer due to the crowd expectations and longer hours scheduled.

We're arriving on the 27th, and when I saw that update I was just glad that I booked a PS for Goofy's Kitchen for dinner right when the window opened.

I can see that restaurant being a bit busy in the evening now. ;)

Me :surfweb: , DS pirate: (age 9) and DH :rotfl2: who is celebrating a birthday that Friday!
Arriving in Anaheim on the 22 and leaving on the 24, so just spending one day in DL and DCA but looking forward to it :yay:

I think you are looking at DCA's hours. It is closing at 6 p.m. on weekdays but DL is listed as closing at 8 or 9 p.m. on all other October weekdays. The night that I mentioned is the only one where it's closing at 6 p.m. and usually when that happens, it's because of a private party or something similar. Even in the off-season, DL never closes that early on a weekday without an additional reason. And looking at the longer hours this year for October (9-9 on many weekdays), I don't think October can be considered off-season any longer due to the crowd expectations and longer hours scheduled.

Oh, you're right - I had scrolled down too far when looking at the calendar - DL is open until 9pm on the 13th. It closing early for you on the 27th ...so close to Halloween. Must be some special event in relation to it.

Looking at the Anaheim Convention Center, they're hosting a Solar Power International 2009 convention ...but you wouldn't think they'd be the type to rent DL for 3hrs :confused3

Oh, you're right - I had scrolled down too far when looking at the calendar - DL is open until 9pm on the 13th. It closing early for you on the 27th ...so close to Halloween. Must be some special event in relation to it.

Looking at the Anaheim Convention Center, they're hosting a Solar Power International 2009 convention ...but you wouldn't think they'd be the type to rent DL for 3hrs :confused3

Apparently it is a private party for them......I just saw this posted on another thread. Oh well, I guess we'll make some dinner reservations for that night. I'm glad that you'll have longer hours than you thought during your trip the previous week. :-)

I'm already on the list but here are the details:
Oct 2-4 at the Tropicana. ToT party on the 2nd.
Can't wait!

after having 2 meltdowns today due to lots of stress in my life I told DH we were going to my happy place and he needed to let me know what weekend would work for him. He new I meant business. So we are staying at the Sheraton Anaheim from October 21-25. We will be doing the trick or treat party one night. Have done it at WDW and can't wait to see how it compares.

We aren't telling DS7. We are just loading him in the car at 5AM and heading out for an 8 hour car ride. We live in Sacramento, we moved here a year ago from KAnsas and this is our first time at DL. Love WDW.

after having 2 meltdowns today due to lots of stress in my life I told DH we were going to my happy place and he needed to let me know what weekend would work for him. He new I meant business. So we are staying at the Sheraton Anaheim from October 21-25. We will be doing the trick or treat party one night. Have done it at WDW and can't wait to see how it compares.

We aren't telling DS7. We are just loading him in the car at 5AM and heading out for an 8 hour car ride. We live in Sacramento, we moved here a year ago from KAnsas and this is our first time at DL. Love WDW.
How great that you will get to go to DLR for Halloween time on your first trip! You will love it and your DS will be so surprised. :banana: What day are you planning on attending the party? We will be going on Wed. the 21st. :) We've also done the one at WDW and this will be our first one at DLR.

FUN FUN on you first trip to DL, its a great experience. Its different then WDW so just plan for a whole different disney time...

We are so excited for our trip I cant stand it - we just bought the fantasmic desert tickets as a present to us for our anniversary and it also helped this will be the last year we dont have to pay for the kids DS 15 mo and DD 2 1/2 so its nice to read the threads and figure out when we have to get there and where to sit.

Still working on DD halloween costume for the 16th party night, she tried on a witch costume but told us it wasnt pretty enough (HAHAHA) so on to plan B. She is going to be a princess most of the trip so trying to find something easy and that she can fall asleep in...

Ok just sharing we are so excited....

Someone throw me a pity party. I broke my foot this morning. :eek:

The doctor said that the cast should be gone until I go on my trip, he's estimating it will stay on for four weeks. So I won't be denied boarding the plane. At least this is what the airline told me when I called them an hour ago.

Still walking around will be out, and I will most likely still have to be using crutches when I am on my feet. So looks like I will be renting a scooter while at the parks. :headache:

That still leaves the problem how to get to Anaheim. Of course that had to happen the year we fly into LAX.
We had planned on a towncar service to get back to the airport anyway, but wanted to go to Anaheim using Supershuttle. I went with them once and remember I found it really hard to get in the van even without crutches. Does someone have experiences using them with a handicapped person? My travel mate doesn't drive unfortunately. I'm kind of tempted to ruin the budget even more and get the towncar service both ways. Seems like the easiest option.

Someone throw me a pity party. I broke my foot this morning. :eek:

The doctor said that the cast should be gone until I go on my trip, he's estimating it will stay on for four weeks. So I won't be denied boarding the plane. At least this is what the airline told me when I called them an hour ago.

Still walking around will be out, and I will most likely still have to be using crutches when I am on my feet. So looks like I will be renting a scooter while at the parks. :headache:

That still leaves the problem how to get to Anaheim. Of course that had to happen the year we fly into LAX.
We had planned on a towncar service to get back to the airport anyway, but wanted to go to Anaheim using Supershuttle. I went with them once and remember I found it really hard to get in the van even without crutches. Does someone have experiences using them with a handicapped person? My travel mate doesn't drive unfortunately. I'm kind of tempted to ruin the budget even more and get the towncar service both ways. Seems like the easiest option.

Vala -

That totally sucks! I am so sorry to hear that you broke your foot. I don't have much experience with Super Shuttle, but I do remember their vans being something that you did have a high step into. Hope you are feeling better soon! :flower3:

Oh yeah! Finally booked and going!! Very excited...

We are going Oct. 10 -15th... staying at hojo on the 10th and then the Paradise Pier the 11 - 15th!!!

OH YEAH!!!

Vala -

That totally sucks! I am so sorry to hear that you broke your foot. I don't have much experience with Super Shuttle, but I do remember their vans being something that you did have a high step into. Hope you are feeling better soon! :flower3:

Thank you.

It's actually not even that painful as long as I don't try to set the foot on the ground. Even just the foot touching the ground hurts at the moment. They gave me painkillers too, and some stuff to keep the swelling down. The painkillers are helping way better than I thought.

The high step is what I remember from Super Shuttle too, and that is something I can't see myself dealing with, even in a couple of weeks. I'm really short too, and I had difficulties getting in the van when I was okay.

On the website they have a box to mark "wheelchair accessible service needed", but I am really not sure if this box applies to crutches too. Guess I'll be calling them depending them on the quotes I get for the towncar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter