October Pre & Trip reports

We are in Winter Haven :) Hoping we get an early "cool" front before our trip. Not expecting one to bring the temps down much, but if it knocks down the humidity, it will help a bunch.
Ah, not far at all!! Oh, a 50 degree threshold would be magical, but I'll take at least a 10 degree drop and less humidity! Good grief!

Well it's still in the mid 90's here with the heat index in the low 100's
I wish it was still that "nice" here. It was 90s last week, but a front went through and it has been in the low 50s in the morning with highs in the mid 70s. Makes me depressed knowing Winter and 0s and teens are coming.

It's funny that you stop camping when it gets 90s and we camp right through it in the Midwest since we only get 6 or 7 months before we have to winterize again.

j

Yep, felt the temp drop last few days here in MS. Getting campfire weather though. Hoping to be heading to GSP this weekend to get some last minute beach time then off to the GF last weekend of October.

I wish it was still that "nice" here. It was 90s last week, but a front went through and it has been in the low 50s in the morning with highs in the mid 70s. Makes me depressed knowing Winter and 0s and teens are coming.

It's funny that you stop camping when it gets 90s and we camp right through it in the Midwest since we only get 6 or 7 months before we have to winterize again.

j
I'm glad we don't have to winterize, but it's just as depressing to have your camper under cover in your driveway all summer. October is the start of the season for us and I have been counting down the days. Maybe if I was a lot younger I could handle camping in the summer, lol.

Will you be traveling through the western suburbs of Chicago?
I don’t think we go by Chicago but I’m not sure. I’m in the cities for a horse show this weekend but I’ll ask my husband tomorrow when I call home and ask him. If we were I’d definitely help get little number 2 back to the Fort!

Ok- we’re passing by about 100 miles from Chicago- not sure if that helps or not but if you can get it to us we’d be happy to transport #2!
Ask him if you'll be on 39/51 through Illinois and what date would you be doing so

Ask him if you'll be on 39/51 through Illinois and what date would you be doing so

So nice of both of you to attempt to get the pit back down to the fort. We utilized the TFP last February, and then took to CDN Cruiser, to babysit for a day, before it was passed on. To both of you, I hope your “meet-up” works, as I know you both are going a bit out of your way. Great Job Joe, as well as my Minnesota friend. Our next trip is late March, with three nights,then on a DCL Cruise for seven, and then, two nights after to rest! We will not be at the Fort, but, three at POR, then after cruise at the Beach Club. We will swing by the fort, and know that “we should have brought the camper down” comments will start! In 2020, we will be down for a couple weeks. Happy Fall, Happy Fort.

Last edited:
It was 90s last week, but a front went through and it has been in the low 50s in the morning with highs in the mid 70s. Makes me depressed knowing Winter and 0s and teens are coming.
Bittersweet to the max. Our weather is roughly 70/50 and it's actually my favorite time of year... but I know what's coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter