Official 2013 MVMCP Information

Report from 12/5:

I know it is kind of late for a report on a certain date, but maybe it will help someone.

-Arrived around 5:40 (took forever for a bus to arrive at Sports, but that is another story).

-Got our special SOTMK cards at the fire station.

-Met our other party of people at Jingle Cruise and rode that with a FP+
side note: I loved the Jingle Cruise. I thought all the decorations were so clever. We rode it maybe 6 times the whole trip and I thought the 'jingleness' really was dependent on your skipper. One time we had a skipper who maybe did 1 or 2 Christmas jokes. One time we had a really excellent skipper who was very into it and seemed to do a Christmas joke for every situation, the bah humbug, the python in a pear tree, the gorillas trashing the camp as in laws, the Christmas carolers (he took that one really far and it was super funny, shouting to get down, don't make eye contact, turn off all the lights). And I'm sure even more jokes I've now forgotten.

Anyway back to the party

-We wanted to be in line for our first characters at about 20 til, so we headed over toward the Circus area and found the line up for the ducks. We were about the 5th group in line at 15 til 7. They came out right on time and we had our pictures before we knew it. The ducks were so much fun, Scrooge pretended to swim through his money and Donald was off to the side shaking his head at him.

-We had thought to check party merchandise at the circus tent at this time, but instead we ran off to find our next characters.

-Next up was the Winnie the Pooh characters. They weren't slated to come out for another 20 minutes but we decided to wait since the line was somewhat short. I thought the characters were going to be dressed in their Victorian Christmas gear (Pooh in a top hat) but instead they just had scarves on. Eeyore was in rare form and was super animated and flirting with all the girls. It was a really good meet.

-Next we arrived at the carousel and Mary Poppins and co. were not out yet, but there were about 3 groups in line and their handlers were there and said they'd be out in 10 minutes. So we waited and they arrived right on time. Had our best interaction of the night here.

-After this we got some cookies and hot chocolate at Pinocchio's, there was no wait. We sat outside and ate (It was really nice out, I think high 70s). My taste buds must not be as advanced as some, because I thought the cookies were good and so was the hot chocolate.

-I think we confused the Christmas party with the Halloween one, cause next we decided a ride on HM sounded good. Ended up having to wait about 15 minutes.

-It was about 850 at this time so we figured it was time to head to the castle for the fireworks. It was really crowded but we managed to find space to sit about mid hub. I don't know why people don't stay seated for the fireworks...we went to a MNSSHP earlier this year and everyone sat down and it was a really nice view and so relaxing and nice. Oh, someone also dumped chocolate ice cream on my BF's sister's pants, then just kinda shrugged and walked away. That was...nice.

-I wasn't really impressed by the Christmas fireworks. I felt they had very little Disney influence...and compared to the Halloween ones I just wasn't feeling it.

-After the fireworks we wanted to head to Frontierland to get seats for the parade. The congestion was awful, as usual it seems. People just need to calm down. Shouting that you are coming through, or pushing me, will get you nowhere. Trust me, if I had somewhere to go I would have taken it.

-We got front row seats by Liberty Tree tavern and 2 of us went off to find some party pins. The Frontierland shop only had the Toy Soldier left but told us they had heard the Circus shop had Donalds left (yeah, we should ran in after meeting the ducks earlier). Walked all the way there and they only had toy soldiers left too. Made it all the way back to our seats with about 5 minutes to spare before the parade.

-I have mixed thoughts on the parade. I compared it to the Halloween one, of course, and thought Halloween was much better. There were parts of the Christmas one that I really enjoyed, like the skiers, the reindeer, the toy soldiers had some awesome marching maneuvers, and the little ponies pulling Cinderella's carriage.

-After the parade I made a vinylmation trade, then we asked around about where the Country Bears were to be meeting and we found their spot. There was one other couple waiting, then one group jumped ahead of us when they came out so we were third in line. Only had to wait a few minutes then they were out. The bears were very...odd. One of them kept trying to eat my Christmas light necklace and they were all super gentle, I think because their bulk makes it hard for them to see and maneuver.

-Next up was the last castle Christmas show. We got seats 3 rows back on the left hand side and were able to sit and see perfectly. This show was....weird. Still liked it because it featured Donald a lot and I enjoyed his dance.

-We had a little bit of party time left so we decided to see if Aladdin and Abu were out, they were not and Jasmine and Genie's line had already closed anyway.

-Instead we got some last minute cookies/apple juice and rode POTC, then got some Photopass pics on the way out.

Overall: we got all the characters we really wanted. We thought their lines were pretty good overall. It was a sold out party but I didn't really notice at all until we were trying to get out of the castle area after the fireworks. I think the party merchandise is badly mismanaged. Why not order enough pins for all the party dates, or else dole them out better? I see plenty on ebay, so maybe 1 per person would work better. I like to have mementos of special events and Donald is my favorite so it would have been nice to have the opportunity to purchase one. I wanted to see the Pirate Christmas show but I couldn't find times on the brochure and then I kind of forgot about it.

Anyway, I thought it was a good experience, but not great. I'm perfectly willing to go to 2-3 Halloween parties, but I think one Christmas is enough.

Yep, ridiculous. I didn't get any pins.

Wish they would release a certain amount each night, and limit the number per person. It's not fair to sell them all the first couple parties to people who are only hawking them on EBay. Some of us would like a small souvenir of the party, and it's frustrating to see it all so picked over or sold out before the party has really even started.

Well I was there last night 12/13. Got in around 6:30pm. Had paper tickets it was no problem they had someone come up with an ipad to scan them.

Main Street was busy but fine. Grab a quick bite to eat then headed into the lands. CMs all around asking to see bracelets. Last year they had three different types of cookies this year just one. The park away from the hub and main street was actually a little busy. That being said the longest line of the night was for Peter Pan. That was about 20mins. Did not wait longer than 10-15mins for anything else. Rode everything we really wanted to ride. Watched the fire works from Fantastyland which was great. Saw the 10:30 parade, was not planning on it but a few in the group wanted to. Even though we got to a spot only 10mins before it was a decent spot. Then headed into tomorrowland at around 10:50pm and it felt empty. Almost no line for Space Mountain and zero line for buzz.

Overall for the price, and my busy scheduled this is the best way to do Disney for a very quick weekend IMO. Leaving was not a problem either and we left the gates at 11:58pm. I will say I wish it was open till 1am. Even though by 12am we were tired and ready to go a 1am close would allow a bit more time and we could do things a little slower. Had a great time anyway and the weather was perfect.

It was a sold out party but did not feel too crowded at all.

It was a sold out party but did not feel too crowded at all.

I was there on 12/13 as well and the park felt less crowded than the sold out parties the week before.

Walking through Main Street and the Hub was easier as everyone seemed to be spread throughout the park for the rides. Prior to The Castle projection show and Wishes, Main Street was loosely crowded as far as Main Street Bakery. The previous week, all of Main Street was packed clear to Town Square.

Lots of people left before the second parade. I found a curbside spot in front of City Hall @ 10:10 and that area didn't fill in until 10:40. After that, I walked back to the Circus area of Fantasyland where it was empty. Walking back up through the park was not bad at all...still a lot of people but it didn't feel congested.

Here now and was told they have no pins anywhere and have been sold out for the last couple parties. So who knows if they well get anymore.

Here now and was told they have no pins anywhere and have been sold out for the last couple parties. So who knows if they well get anymore.

I was there Friday night and told the same thing, sold out for weeks even the pass holder pins. I don't think they can get more because they were limited editions and had a set # and it is too late now to produce new pins with a new design

We are here now as well and having a fabulous time! We booked the dessert party and the fireworks were well worth it as a one time splurge. We are currently at the train station waiting for the second parade. We have a little over half an hour to go. I highly recommend this as a spot to watch the second parade. We have chairs, and are right against the railing. Main Street is already pretty full of people lining the curbs but right underneath us, in front if Tony's and the Town Square theatre are empty. If you are willing to have a seat and wait for half an hour or so you will have your pick of spots and a first row view of the second parade. We are happy to sit and wait as our feet are sore and we are tired. All in all it has been a fabulous night and with a little planning we have found we had zero issues with crowds. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are currently at the train station waiting for the second parade. We have a little over half an hour to go. I highly recommend this as a spot to watch the second parade. We have chairs, and are right against the railing. Main Street is already pretty full of people lining the curbs but right underneath us, in front if Tony's and the Town Square theatre are empty. If you are willing to have a seat and wait for half an hour or so you will have your pick of spots and a first row view of the second parade. We are happy to sit and wait as our feet are sore and we are tired. All in all it has been a fabulous night and with a little planning we have found we had zero issues with crowds. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

THanks for the detailed play by play. I feel like I am right there with you!!!

Hi,

are the tix to the party on sale in parks and online only?

:santa:

They can be purchased at any WDW location that sells tickets.

If purchased online, you can choose Will Call or Print-at-home option. If you choose Will Call, you can pick up your tickets at any ticket selling location in WDW by providing the Confirmation Number and your ID.

We too had a great time. It was are first time and I'm glad we decide to buy the tickets. It makes us want to try the Halloween party next.

Can you get into the park early with the mvmcp ticket? The official party time is 7pm, but you can go into the park with your party ticket as early as 4pm, right?

If they let you in at 4pm and you have a Magicband, how does the system not charge you for the park? :confused3

You use your party ticket to enter the park after 4 pm.

which was a night mare... when you enter the park--- people using tickets will be using the right side where the ticket scanners are..
and people using magic bands are to the left.

the right side of the entrance was jammed packed with people. (VERY few ticket scanners are left)

For the time being-- I didnt want to use the MB incase it reads as a park day and did not want to spend little vacations time standing in line getting the mess straightened out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter