**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

Mmmmmmm!!!

I made a frozen mint julep tonight and it was so so so so so so so yummy!!!!!

:cloud9:

I can't wait to try one at the parks and compare and try to improve mine. Until then I will definitely be making more!!!!

:dance3:Question of the week::dance3:
What is your favourite entertainment in the parks? Or, if you haven't been to DLR before, what entertainment are you most looking forward to?

This is our first time in DLR.....really looking forward to WOC. We went to WDW in 2012 and I absolutely loved Fantasmic so I am also looking forward to that.

We are skipping the parades as we have no kids with us this time but will be watching the fireworks and hoping they are as beautiful as the WDW ones.

This is our first time in DLR.....really looking forward to WOC. We went to WDW in 2012 and I absolutely loved Fantasmic so I am also looking forward to that.

We are skipping the parades as we have no kids with us this time but will be watching the fireworks and hoping they are as beautiful as the WDW ones.

I would urge you not to skip Disneyland's afternoon parade, Soundsational. It is phenomenally popular--one of the best parades ever to appear at a Disney park, and much better than Celebrate A Dream Come True, which you may have experienced at WDW in 2012.

:dance3:Question of the week::dance3:
What is your favourite entertainment in the parks? Or, if you haven't been to DLR before, what entertainment are you most looking forward to?

It's a tie for us: Soundsational and Fantasmic! The drummers at the start of Soundsational suck me in every time, and my partner is always teary by the end of F!

Followed by Aladdin, the entire music scene in New Orleans Square (also known as "Ryan's Tell Michael to Go Ride Space Mountain Music Break"), and Five and Dime.

Love reading everyones answers to the QOTD. I can't wait to see World of Color, and the fireworks. We will only have one chance for Fantasmic on sunday of laborday weekend, but DS may want to do rides, since it's our last night, so it's a definite maybe.

I'm getting so excited. I booked a convertible for thurs afternoon/Friday day and we'll go to a beach on thur and Hollywood Friday during the day.

Yay!! 2 weeks til August!!!

I can't remember who offered to let us use a parking spot at a neighboring Hotel way back when we first started this thread, but we are not going to need one. My cousin is riding with us so we will only have one car per room. I appreciate the offers though. :) Love the Dis!

Second a question for you Disneyphiles: upgrade to Disneyland annual passes (we could maybe go an additional three times in the next year since both my boys will be on year round school) OR a week in Walt Disney World before a cruise on the Fantasy in January?

I hate the thought of going all the way to Florida without going to WDW, but I hate the thought of my kids being out of school in the off season and not going to DL too (especially when our tickets we've already purchased for next month would cover more than half the cost of annual passes).

We are trying to figure a way to do it all, but it might not all be in the budget. My kids have never been to WDW and are DL veterans if that makes a difference. Decisions, decisions. . .

I would urge you not to skip Disneyland's afternoon parade, Soundsational. It is phenomenally popular--one of the best parades ever to appear at a Disney park, and much better than Celebrate A Dream Come True, which you may have experienced at WDW in 2012.

I agree. Parades aren't just for kids :thumbsup2

I have been to WDW 5 times total and I can remember loving them as a kid and less and less the older I got. Our kids thought they were great and I loved watching their faces but I can just remember the last time thinking about how I rather be doing other things. Maybe you are right and the parade itself was just not that great. I feel now that maybe I should watch one because I don't want to miss out on anything cool. :)

I have been to WDW 5 times total and I can remember loving them as a kid and less and less the older I got. Our kids thought they were great and I loved watching their faces but I can just remember the last time thinking about how I rather be doing other things. Maybe you are right and the parade itself was just not that great. I feel now that maybe I should watch one because I don't want to miss out on anything cool. :)

Well, we all have different things we like. There are plenty of people who don't bother with shows because they'd prefer to be doing rides. And there are also people who mainly do shows and parades because they're not that big on rides. It's highly possible that parades aren't a big thing for you. Having said that, I felt that way about DLP's parades, but I absolutely LOVED HKDL's one :goodvibes So sometimes it does depend on the parade. I actually haven't seen DL's one yet, but looking forward to it!

So changed our Blue Bayou rez from the 13th to the 14th. Partly because I'm weird and like having reservations Sun Tues and Thurs to make it every other day and partly cause Thursday is an early entry for DL and so we'd probably be spending most of the day there.

I'm debating on spending time at the spa at GCH on Wed which is half way thru the trip but not sure if it would be a worthwhile splurge. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Well, we all have different things we like. There are plenty of people who don't bother with shows because they'd prefer to be doing rides. And there are also people who mainly do shows and parades because they're not that big on rides. It's highly possible that parades aren't a big thing for you. Having said that, I felt that way about DLP's parades, but I absolutely LOVED HKDL's one :goodvibes So sometimes it does depend on the parade. I actually haven't seen DL's one yet, but looking forward to it!

I'm one of those park goers who doesn't care so much to line up for parades or shows. I've already see WoC and Fantasmic! a long time ago. I see Soundsational as we're walking through the park, and I've seen various videos of it. I've seen the parades in DCA, too, but they're not as extravagant, it seems as they are at DL. I guess they're just not as pertinent to me as getting on the rides is, though that's not to say they're not important at all. Since we do have three days next month, we might mix it up and actually sit down and watch a show this time. Last year, we caught Aladdin for the first time, which was awesome.

So changed our Blue Bayou rez from the 13th to the 14th. Partly because I'm weird and like having reservations Sun Tues and Thurs to make it every other day and partly cause Thursday is an early entry for DL and so we'd probably be spending most of the day there.

Not weird at all. I prefer my ADRs to be evenly spaced too :thumbsup2

I'm debating on spending time at the spa at GCH on Wed which is half way thru the trip but not sure if it would be a worthwhile splurge. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I thought about doing this too (specifically, as a post run relaxation activity), but decided against it in the end. I figured I can go to a spa and get a massage at home. I'd rather spend my time and money on things I can only do there. For example, the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, or riding horse riding among the saguaros in Arizona (also part of my trip).

On the other hand, if you were just going to have pool time on the Wednesday, and you can afford to go to the spa, why not?

Hello all!
Does anyone know when the early entry hours for hotel guests will be posted for the week of August 25th? or can I be assured that they will be held on the same days as previous weeks? Thanks!

Hello all!
Does anyone know when the early entry hours for hotel guests will be posted for the week of August 25th? or can I be assured that they will be held on the same days as previous weeks? Thanks!

They kind of trickle into the calendar, but they are usually the same: Tues/Thurs/Sat DL and Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri for DCA. But there is the marathon that weekend, so they may change the days around.

Second a question for you Disneyphiles: upgrade to Disneyland annual passes (we could maybe go an additional three times in the next year since both my boys will be on year round school) OR a week in Walt Disney World before a cruise on the Fantasy in January?

I hate the thought of going all the way to Florida without going to WDW, but I hate the thought of my kids being out of school in the off season and not going to DL too (especially when our tickets we've already purchased for next month would cover more than half the cost of annual passes).

We are trying to figure a way to do it all, but it might not all be in the budget. My kids have never been to WDW and are DL veterans if that makes a difference. Decisions, decisions. . .

I like the idea of going several times. BUT, since your kids have never been to WDW, I think that's a missed opportunity if you don't go. Sounds like you could always do the DLR AP, but this may be the only WDW opportunity for the foreseeable future.

DLR is my favorite of the two, but I love WDW, too, and would definitely recommend visiting given the opportunity.

I can't remember who offered to let us use a parking spot at a neighboring Hotel way back when we first started this thread, but we are not going to need one. My cousin is riding with us so we will only have one car per room. I appreciate the offers though. :) Love the Dis!

Definitely WDW! Can't go all the way to FL without seeing it since it would be a first time! Animal Kingdom and Epcot are unlike any Disney park we have in CA. I enjoy the actual parks in CA more, though I love the variety and expansiveness in FL- especially if you can stay onsite!

Hello all!

They kind of trickle into the calendar, but they are usually the same: Tues/Thurs/Sat DL and Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri for DCA. But there is the marathon that weekend, so they may change the days around.

I was wondering that as well, Rubygoose scores again. I just keep checking the days to see if they "trickle" the EMH out there.

We just got back Sunday from our July trip and I was able to get us back in at the DLH 8/30-9/2 so I am now an official August peep!!!!

The main purpose of the August trip is to play Legends of Frontier Land the last three days it is available and see Scot Bruce at Tomorrow Land Terrace Saturday and Sunday nights!

Can't wait to get back the DLR!!!
dsny1mom

We just got back Sunday from our July trip and I was able to get us back in at the DLH 8/30-9/2 so I am now an official August peep!!!!

The main purpose of the August trip is to play Legends of Frontier Land the last three days it is available and see Scot Bruce at Tomorrow Land Terrace Saturday and Sunday nights!

Can't wait to get back the DLR!!!
dsny1mom

:welcome: Happy to have you as an August peep :thumbsup2

Made our Discover the Magic tour ressies this morning! That was the last outstanding one, so I am excitedly ready for our trip! I'd be wishing the weeks away except for my DD turns the big 5 on our trip, and I'm savoring these last few weeks of 4. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter