Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

RunDisney tweeted out a discount offer from www.marathonfoto.com

Up to a 33% discount according to RunDisney.

Does anyone know, is Marathon Foto the ones that take photos along the course? In the parks? Are the Disney PhotoPass photographers there as well?

The primary photo I'm hoping to get is coming out of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
If that's Marathon Foto I might opt for the discount coupon.

Marathonfoto will be covering the race this year. I've shot for them before a few times and I have a few friends shooting this weekend. If you're looking for a pic exiting the castle, they usually have 2 photographers on both sides of the walkway so just be ready. Also make sure you have plenty of room between you and the person ahead of you. That way they'll get a clean shot of you.

Do they have a spot where you can stop and someone will take your picture in front of the castle like they do at WDW or is it just as you're running out?

Great! That's encouraging.

What changes did they make?

Last year since the 5k and 10k were on the same day, you had the 5k, 10k, and Dumbo runners that all had to get their packet the first day which made everything crowded. This year, only the 5k will have to be at the expo the first day. This should spread out the crowds a bit over the first few days of the expo.

Do they have a spot where you can stop and someone will take your picture in front of the castle like they do at WDW or is it just as you're running out?

Yes, I do recall a CM doing that for others. They also have the professional photographers all around that area just like at WDW.

Yes, I do recall a CM doing that for others. They also have the professional photographers all around that area just like at WDW.

Never noticed that before in spite of having done the race so thanks for the info. Will definitely want to make that stop for a photo in front of the castle.

Any CM that you see would be more than happy to help take a photo for you anywhere along the race course. And if you don't see one nearby I'm sure there are fellow runners who wouldn't mind doing the good old photo trade off. That's how I usually get the photos I want to have (like the WOC fountains).

I can't believe how close we're getting! It's fun to see signs and things pop up at the Resort and it's even more exciting to see the start of things getting ready backstage. A lot of prep work goes into these events!

Hopefully I'll get to see and chat with plenty of runners as they trickle into the parks over the next few days. I always make sure to say hello and comment on anyone wearing anything runDisney when they pop into my stores at DCA!

(First post on the forum)
Hello to all the other participants!

Dear wife and I are in the DDD and excited to be back at DL. We run many of the races in WDW (WDW HM, PHM, EEC, W&D) and really enjoy the runDisney events!

My wife ran Tink in January and earned the PINK C2C with Tink and PHM races. She will be going for her BLUE C2C with the DL HM combined with her WDW HM run. Signed up for the W&D, but couldn't talk Jeff Galloway into a 3rd C2C, but the guy that announces at the expo's in WDW suggested maybe a "Dizzy" award as she's going coast-to-coast-to-coast-to-coast-to-coast :)

I'm of the "slow and old" type of participant (knees have been shot for years - look for Superman with duo ShockDoctor braces) and this will be our first "combo" event, so I'm just excited to be starting and finishing without getting swept up.

My DW runs like a girl, so no worries there (I'm trying to catch up!).

I'll be going for my C2C with the WDW HM, and, as I've seen other people suggest, will be carrying my medals from the WDW HM and the 10K for my post-HM picture (5 medals!).

Wife's (SuperMimi) bib # 24996
Mine is # 25507 (see I told you I'm trying to catch up!!!)

Good luck and safe running to all!

------------------------------
PJ in (hot, muggy) FL

When you refer to the WDW situation, you mean the real photo people, right? Because that's what was going on during this year's WDW half; I saw no photographers taking pictures while you were actually "running" out (like anyone could run in that mess coming out of the castle), but there were signs if you wanted a picture in front of the castle. Running the course, go this way; take a picture, go that way.

At least with Sleeping Beauty Castle it's a bit more simple than Cinderella, there's a chance people won't actually be stopping immediately after coming out of the gate/arch area.

When you refer to the WDW situation, you mean the real photo people, right? Because that's what was going on during this year's WDW half; I saw no photographers taking pictures while you were actually "running" out (like anyone could run in that mess coming out of the castle), but there were signs if you wanted a picture in front of the castle. Running the course, go this way; take a picture, go that way.

At least with Sleeping Beauty Castle it's a bit more simple than Cinderella, there's a chance people won't actually be stopping immediately after coming out of the gate/arch area.

when I ran the WDW Half and Princess Half, there were MarathonFoto people sitting on the ground to the right as you exit the castle taking shots of people running out of the castle...maybe they moved out of the way the more crowded the course got??

when I ran the WDW Half and Princess Half, there were MarathonFoto people sitting on the ground to the right as you exit the castle taking shots of people running out of the castle...maybe they moved out of the way the more crowded the course got??
Perhaps the photographers moved into position when the sun was up enough to light the castle. They were there along the right side taking "action shots" (yes, it's pretty tight at that point and everyone is walking) when I went through at about 7:30AM for the WDW HM.

I've been on Main Street waiting for DW to arrive during the PHMs and the castle is dark until quite some time after the start of the race. Fortunately, by the time DW arrives the sun is up and I get great shots of her with the castle in the background down Main Street (although this past race there was still a lot of fog) and again when she comes down the ramp out of the castle (after I've shouldered my way to the front of the crowd;) )

Won't get that shot next year as I'll be running too. Already have my tutu!:dance3:

--------------------------------
PJ in (hot, muggy) FL --- only 34 hours until we're in the air to DLR and the DL DDD!!!! :yay::banana:

Serious question -- I signed DW and myself for split time text messages at the ATT.COM link today. Her provider is AT&T, mine is MetroPCS. She's received the text message confirmation to reply back to confirm, but I haven't. Should I be worried? :confused3 What other options do I have?

I've set up to have Twitter posts sent to my acct of my results, but DW doesn't tweet :sad2:

I don't want a repeat of a race (may have been last W&D) where only half of the text messages arrived, and then not until the next day :furious:

--------------------------
PJ in FL

Serious question -- I signed DW and myself for split time text messages at the ATT.COM link today. Her provider is AT&T, mine is MetroPCS. She's received the text message confirmation to reply back to confirm, but I haven't. Should I be worried? :confused3 What other options do I have?

I've set up to have Twitter posts sent to my acct of my results, but DW doesn't tweet :sad2:

I don't want a repeat of a race (may have been last W&D) where only half of the text messages arrived, and then not until the next day :furious:

--------------------------
PJ in FL

I'd try to set your phone up again...I set up DH's phone through the link (and received the confirmation) and for my phone I just texted my bib number to 345678 and I did receive the confirmation that way.

By the time I went through they weren't there. And we were walking through the castle (I didn't want to be!) and then everyone was flat out stopping as they exited to take pix. Sigh. I hate being slow.

Costumes? Yes... Costumes! Anyone else want to share yours? Pics on the blog: haunted mansion maid and nemo! http://noguiltlife.com/2014/08/dumbo-double-dare-costume-reveal.html

My first love at Sparkle Skirts was the Wonder Woman skirt. I've been eyeing it since my first RunDisney event last year (hello 1 yr anniversary). I am old school and love Wonder Woman. So when my friend said let's dress up, I used it as an excuse to buy my first skirt and I will be in a comfortable Wonder Woman costume (I.e., skirt, tank, cape). Not Disney, but I'm excited anyway!

My first love at Sparkle Skirts was the Wonder Woman skirt. I've been eyeing it since my first RunDisney event last year (hello 1 yr anniversary). I am old school and love Wonder Woman. So when my friend said let's dress up, I used it as an excuse to buy my first skirt and I will be in a comfortable Wonder Woman costume (I.e., skirt, tank, cape). Not Disney, but I'm excited anyway!

I'm running the half as WW too! :cheer2:

By the time I went through they weren't there. And we were walking through the castle (I didn't want to be!) and then everyone was flat out stopping as they exited to take pix. Sigh. I hate being slow.

that stinks...believe me I'm not fast by any stretch, just lucky enough to have had a good 10K time to submit which put me in corral F at that time and was able to get ahead of the crowds. This time Im in G and I think that's where the larger corral groups start..hoping it's not so crowded that we can't run through the castle :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter