Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

that stinks...believe me I'm not fast by any stretch, just lucky enough to have had a good 10K time to submit which put me in corral F at that time and was able to get ahead of the crowds. This time Im in G and I think that's where the larger corral groups start..hoping it's not so crowded that we can't run through the castle :headache:

I'm just really hoping that because the castle area is different at DL that it will be a different experience than at MK!

Is anyone going to the expo today?? If so, would you mind snapping a pic of the ladies Champion jacket (assuming they have one this year)? Trying to decide if I need to take extra money out of the ATM... lol

Is anyone going to the expo today?? If so, would you mind snapping a pic of the ladies Champion jacket (assuming they have one this year)? Trying to decide if I need to take extra money out of the ATM... lol

oooh. That would be good to see. :) I'm going first thing tomorrow. I can't wait!

The women's race shirts run small IMO, compare to wdw half shirts. Good exchange program for me though!

Line just to get into the official merchandise section is brutal though!

The women's race shirts run small IMO, compare to wdw half shirts. Good exchange program for me though! Line just to get into the official merchandise section is brutal though!

Yikes I was hoping today wouldn't be too bad! The wdw shirts fit me perfectly so I hope they are not too much smaller

The women's race shirts run small IMO, compare to wdw half shirts. Good exchange program for me though! Line just to get into the official merchandise section is brutal though!

This is why I highly recommend hitting the official expo store first - especially if you're there at opening. It will have a wait, but not too bad compared to later. For those of us in the second group (meaning the queues they had started downstairs) it was a breeze once it was open.

Then by the time you get downstairs again for the packet pick up there is no line.

I was completely done before noon. Then I spent an hour wandering the Expo floor.

This is why I highly recommend hitting the official expo store first - especially if you're there at opening. It will have a wait, but not too bad compared to later. For those of us in the second group (meaning the queues they had started downstairs) it was a breeze once it was open.

Then by the time you get downstairs again for the packet pick up there is no line.

I was completely done before noon. Then I spent an hour wandering the Expo floor.

This is a good tip. I think I might do this. At Tink, I did the line for packet pickup first and then the line for the expo. It worked out, but it was waiting in both instances.

Yikes I was hoping today wouldn't be too bad! The wdw shirts fit me perfectly so I hope they are not too much smaller

My wdw half race shirt is a bit loose. Same size dlr half shirt ...skin tight. Went up a size at the exchange. Of course, same size TOT shirt from last year, like a sleep shirt except that I can't sleep in tech material.

If i'd been alone I would've hit the official merchandise line first. But it wasn't as awful as I first thought. 55 min from getting in line in the outside-the-expo-room area, trough the taped lines, getting the vinylmation medal, browsing and paying and out.

Now I have to wear the coast to coast band through until the race because the dude insisted I had to put it on at bib pickup.

My wdw half race shirt is a bit loose. Same size dlr half shirt ...skin tight. Went up a size at the exchange. Of course, same size TOT shirt from last year, like a sleep shirt except that I can't sleep in tech material. If i'd been alone I would've hit the official merchandise line first. But it wasn't as awful as I first thought. 55 min from getting in line in the outside-the-expo-room area, trough the taped lines, getting the vinylmation medal, browsing and paying and out. Now I have to wear the coast to coast band through until the race because the dude insisted I had to put it on at bib pickup.

Having not done the WDW half I can't compare, but did they have unisex shirts or women's/men's cuts? This was a new one for us at this race (all my previous shirts are unisex I believe). Could have played a factor.

We're you able to swap shirts at the Expo for something better fitting?

And the band for C2C is standard. That way you aren't handing it off to someone else. They put it on at the Expo for the challenge as well.

Wdw half had women's cut this year.

The exchange was far easier than the exchange at TOT last year. At least when I was doing it two hours ago they had plenty of other sizes in the bins.

Obviously I didn't have this band at wdw half, but I had the race retreat band, and they just put it in my bag. I put it on when getting ready for the race. So I wasn't expecting them to insist I wear this from Thursday on. :)

Wdw half had women's cut this year. The exchange was far easier than the exchange at TOT last year. At least when I was doing it two hours ago they had plenty of other sizes in the bins. Obviously I didn't have this band at wdw half, but I had the race retreat band, and they just put it in my bag. I put it on when getting ready for the race. So I wasn't expecting them to insist I wear this from Thursday on. :)

Good to know - at least you were able to swap it. I've never rowen any of my race shirts for the DL half because they've never fit me right, so this is a good thing for me - but when we don't know what the fits are going to be like it can be tough to select the right size.

Hopefully everyone that needs to will be able to swap for their correct size.

The wristband thing is probably a good bit of info to pass on to first timers then (well, of the challenges, etc.)

If we went with our original plan, which meant we would be at the parks right now, it would be fine. But we adjusted our hotel dates and went back to my brother's place in SD (to prevent me from killing myself in this heat before the race), so I feel extra-silly with this lime green band on. :)

ETA!

I posted the exact same thing on the DLR board thread as well.

I didn't take pix of much, just things that I personally liked. I'm quite sure others will have far better pictures very soon! Consider this a preview.

BRIGHT cotton zipup sweatshirt. I think it was rather thin.

B9A8F3E4-86E9-46C2-BF39-14492B6F200C_zpspvul9wp2.jpg

Nice jacket. Sorry for the blur. I *think* that this also had a version with a pink-based embroidery on the front. Not at all sure about the back.

20D436A6-9C75-4063-AA66-8070C2D365AF_zpsjqlxodot.jpg

BEF84009-FA17-4E04-8E31-04EDB800757D_zpsjlt9l9jk.jpg

Another BRIGHT shirt! I didn't hold it up to the cotton hoodie, but I think they were different colors. This is a tech fabric.

28755CED-FE48-465A-BBA1-9275B95A9BD9_zpsu9orlstj.jpg

These are pictures I got from the web so you can put my vinylmation together in your mind. :)

Thanks to ebay, http://vinylmationkingdom.com, and http://vinylmationworld.com (twice), I got these images.

mz95j6umVMEi8v-_07RkIEg_zpsbdc01b3c.jpg

and

20131003-125659_zps09bdb3bb.jpg

and

1501766_10100345620061700_1296397451_n_zps78e9ad58.jpg

So far.

And then s/he'll have this around her/his neck.

IMG_1225-499x499_zps120163be.jpg

So fun. :3dglasses

If anyone at the expo sees anything referencing next year'a dates, could you please post here? :)

And have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

And the band for C2C is standard. That way you aren't handing it off to someone else. They put it on at the Expo for the challenge as well.

Do you mean the DDD should have a band too? Because I didn't get one and I specifically asked and he said he didn't really know. I was trying to think about how it happened at GSC, and I seem to remember a tent in the 10K finishers chute where GSC bibs were given a band that was cut off after the 1/2. So I didn't press the issue about a band at the expo, but now I'm worried I am missing something!

Do you mean the DDD should have a band too? Because I didn't get one and I specifically asked and he said he didn't really know. I was trying to think about how it happened at GSC, and I seem to remember a tent in the 10K finishers chute where GSC bibs were given a band that was cut off after the 1/2. So I didn't press the issue about a band at the expo, but now I'm worried I am missing something!

You'll get the band put on after you finish the 10k! The only one that goes on at the expo is C2C

That was my error. I totally blanked on DDD last year, :lmao: I'm having a few days of forgetfulness it would appear!

Good morning everyone! Or is it still night?! Anyone else volunteering at the 5k this morning? Good luck to all the runners this morning! I can't wait to be running tomorrow.

Just wanted to post to say ENJOY THE WEEKEND EVERYONE! We're headed out on a nonstop from the east coast this morning. As usual I'm hard to miss, so feel free to say hi. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter