Official 2014 PHM & Glass Slipper "Where are you staying" thread!

I have been re-thinking my plan to just travel from home (about 30 miles away)
and trying to imagine a rush of adrenaline and nerves I decided BAD idea

After finding nothing on-site that I could afford I just booked 2 bd/2bth condo
at Bryan's Spanish Cove Rte 535 practically down the block from WDW

Got 2/22 thru 2/24 TOTAL $215.60 :cool1: I feel MUCH better now being close

KappyFamily Michelle is it ? Can you edit page one now sorry BUT not sorry about my decision & good rate :-) Ruthie

I believe the prices are out. I just contacted disney today I have a wedding right after the DPH and they are going to have to redo my room rates.

I hope these prices come down, they are really out of their minds. I read a travel agent site where the "discount" for the contemporary is $350/night, port Orleans is $181, and pop is $142. I'm fine with the values because I'm never in the room, but there is no way a value room is worth anywhere near $142/night. I think the most I've paid for a value was $110ish. And the contemp at $350 a night? Ha! I've gotten a rate close that in a four seasons in west palm and the rooms/service at a deluxe Disney don't come close to that of a true five star hotel

I hope these prices come down, they are really out of their minds. I read a travel agent site where the "discount" for the contemporary is $350/night, port Orleans is $181, and pop is $142. I'm fine with the values because I'm never in the room, but there is no way a value room is worth anywhere near $142/night. I think the most I've paid for a value was $110ish. And the contemp at $350 a night? Ha! I've gotten a rate close that in a four seasons in west palm and the rooms/service at a deluxe Disney don't come close to that of a true five star hotel

Yeah, like I said, I just paid $416 for 2 nights at AoA :rolleyes2

I was REALLY counting on a discount, but it is what it is I guess. 3 days Disney (with NO park tickets) or 2 weeks at the beach.
Kinda makes me sick.

Ok up to date! Dont worry everyone, there will be some kind of discount, there always is. Even if it's just AAA, there will be something! We have time!

I'm glad somebody mentioned the prices may change. When I price quoted Poly I couldn't believe with the runner discount it was $3k more then what my sister is paying Thanksgiving week. It didn't seem right to me but the agent assured me to call back and it'd adjust. Either way, I'm doing W&D in November so if it's still too high, I'll take the bounceback deal. :)

It will be POFQ for us...DH, DD and myself!

It will be the 5th PHM for DD and me; the 4th for DH.

Hey my name is Alexandra, I will be staying at the swan and dolphin. Hopefully completing the glass slipper challenge

I'm staying in Port Orleans French Quarter. Before, I'd only ever gone with my family and we always stayed in Shades of Green because my dad was in the military - it'll be exciting to see a new resort.

We're planning to arrive Saturday and stay until Wednesday.

Angela

I'm staying in Port Orleans French Quarter. Before, I'd only ever gone with my family and we always stayed in Shades of Green because my dad was in the military - it'll be exciting to see a new resort.

We're planning to arrive Saturday and stay until Wednesday.

Angela

Hi Angela- Are you doing the PHM or both PHM & 10k (GSC). thank you!

DD#2 and I are at French Quarter for the Glass Slipper Challenge, this will be our 4th Princess Weekend each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter