• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

Just looking through some of the pictures on Marathonfoto. How do I see the ones that are not assigned? Someone mentioned looking through pics where maybe they couldn't see your bib number, so they didn't get connected to your name?

Just looking through some of the pictures on Marathonfoto. How do I see the ones that are not assigned? Someone mentioned looking through pics where maybe they couldn't see your bib number, so they didn't get connected to your name?

In the upper right corner there is a link call Unidentified Photos or something like that.

Since I didn't see that anyone else has mentioned in, was anyone else surprised by the Christmas decorations this year? I figured they would all be down before we arrived. I actually got a little sick of it TBH.

Since I didn't see that anyone else has mentioned in, was anyone else surprised by the Christmas decorations this year? I figured they would all be down before we arrived. I actually got a little sick of it TBH.

I knew they were going to be up, and I actually liked it. But I love Xmas decorations - it actually got me really emotional running down Main Street with the decorations still up.

Course, I'm anti-Frozen, but Elsa making it snow as I ran through the castle got me pretty emotional too, so I'm probably not the best judge.

This was my first 1/2, and I finished 8 minutes slower than I wanted. I wasn't ready for some of the narrow spots, running directly east (the sun! the sun!), and those three hills at the end. But I made it through with nothing but a huge blister, so it's a success in my book.

Doubt the gentleman is on the boards, but I feel the need to throw it out into cyberspace - huge thanks to the guy wearing the Cigna jersey who pushed me through the last couple of blocks. I really was "running" on fumes at that point. His encouragement, plus the gospel choir helped me finish.

After I crossed the finish, I yelled, "I want a medal and a banana! In that order!" A few people laughed.

The running community is so amazing. Everyone was so encouraging. Hugs and pats on the back.

I've been riding the high all week, since co-workers keep congratulating me too. Until this week, I really didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Oh, and since I didn't like any of the shirts (besides the "free" one), I bought the Donald Alex and Ani bracelet. I can wear that more often anyway and it's a reminder.

I know rundisney is really busy this week out in California, but I want my certificate! lol.

faneuil, I liked the snow too.

When I saw the choir I was hurting so bad and I thought of the quote here. That when we heard them we were either almost at the pearly gates or almost at the finish, and either way we were almost done. Helped me.

bumbershoot - thanks for the CC Challenge info. Sorry that you guys had to be the guinea pigs for everyone else, but at least you got some pretty medals out of it!! ETA: every time they say "just a" 5K/10K/half marathon/marathon, I cringe. Come on, runDisney!! :sad2:

I really liked the new 5k medal.

To be kind to Tara she was saying "I know some of you are thinking 'it's just a 5k, should I even get up for it?'" And then she said more but did t really come out of that at all. Rankled. :)

They were handing out mylar blankets briefly after the 10k. They had them at the info tent (close to the porta-potties) for a few minutes. They also told us you could get one at medical or massage tents if needed.

Did anyone use the massage tent? Thoughts?

I was thrilled to see all the Christmas decorations! I had read years ago that they WERE up for marathon wknd, but heard from people this year that they were NOT up in recent years. Glad we got to see them!

It was funny -- when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to see decorations at The Boardwalk, and by our second to last day there they had all disappeared. Caught them just in time. :)

I was thrilled to see all the Christmas decorations! I had read years ago that they WERE up for marathon wknd, but heard from people this year that they were NOT up in recent years. Glad we got to see them! It was funny -- when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to see decorations at The Boardwalk, and by our second to last day there they had all disappeared. Caught them just in time. :)
The Boardwalk decorations came down on Wednesday night before the 5k. Our room overlooked the courtyard, and we heard them pulling down the tree and decorations at 230am. Not ideal when you need to get up two hours later.

The Boardwalk decorations came down on Wednesday night before the 5k. Our room overlooked the courtyard, and we heard them pulling down the tree and decorations at 230am. Not ideal when you need to get up two hours later.
I didn't hear it, thankfully...had a pool-view room.

I was surprised too. Even some of the shows like the Trolley show on Main Street was still doing Christmas I think. I did like seeing the tree lit up on the way into Magic Kingdom though.

They were handing out mylar blankets briefly after the 10k. They had them at the info tent (close to the porta-potties) for a few minutes. They also told us you could get one at medical or massage tents if needed.

Did anyone use the massage tent? Thoughts?

I used the massage tent after both the half and the full. $1 per minute. The wait was pretty short, even though I finished the marathon around the 6:15 mark (We goofed off. A lot.). The first therapist I had was a student and the second was licensed - both were good. I'd do it again, no question.

I used the massage tent after both the half and the full. $1 per minute. The wait was pretty short, even though I finished the marathon around the 6:15 mark (We goofed off. A lot.). The first therapist I had was a student and the second was licensed - both were good. I'd do it again, no question.

I took advantage after the Full. 10 minute massage. Got a very large muscular guy (ie looked like a NFL linebacker) who is licensed. He does outcalls in the Orlando area including going to the resorts. Well worth it. Short wait. Had him work primarily on legs and lower back. Tipped him. Got his card. Wish I had done it after the 1/2.

We just got home today after a long family vacation and successful completion of our first Goofy!! Probably our last as well although who knows when I might get tempted again.

Congrats to everyone on their races!

The Christmas decorations were up at Art of Animation until Monday. Playing Christmas music until then. Didn't mind, kind of made it more of a festive occasion. I also liked seeing the decorations in the parks and having the castle look "Frozen". Not sure if any of that is still going on.

Ouch...that would have taken away my christmas spirit real fast...

I loved having the decorations up! I am not sure when (if ever) I'll be able to go to Disney during the holidays, so I had sort of given up on seeing the Christmas stuff which made it an extra exciting surprise!! I probably could have done without the holiday music though.

If I recall correctly, the decorations at All Star Movies came down on Monday night.

I was surprised too. Even some of the shows like the Trolley show on Main Street was still doing Christmas I think. I did like seeing the tree lit up on the way into Magic Kingdom though.
I was very surprised as well but it was nice because I had never seen the decor before.

Hi everyone so excited for you all! I have not done a WDW race since 2011. I was hoping to get back in for the 1/2 in 2016 for my 50th!!!

So much is different with tech being different. One thing what is an igiftbag???

Im sure there will be more as I look into it further- but 5 yrs is a long time I guess.

Linda

Hey thanks everyone for answering my question.

Anyone get free parking Sunday or Monday after the races? My family and I went in two different vehicles (8 total) and gave us free parking for running the marathon. Funny thing is, My In-laws were running the 5K and were ahead of us, and while I did run the full, I was in the 2nd car.

Anyone else?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter