Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Please add me! I am a new runner this year @ 66 yrs! Currently, I have only run one 5K this past Sept., and my workouts are every other day on my TM with the IFIT program. I programmed in the satellite route of this year's DPrincess Enchanted 10K and have been working on that. I am SUPER excited, with a goal to finish this first 10K. I love running and hate that I waited so long to begin.

How do I get my name added to the participants list on page 1?

Please add me! I am a new runner this year @ 66 yrs! Currently, I have only run one 5K this past Sept., and my workouts are every other day on my TM with the IFIT program. I programmed in the satellite route of this year's DPrincess Enchanted 10K and have been working on that. I am SUPER excited, with a goal to finish this first 10K. I love running and hate that I waited so long to begin.

Welcome to the thread! DD and I are also running the 10K. My 59 year-old knees held up fine for my 4 mile run this morning!

@Luv2Run will be able to add you to the Runners list! Enjoy your training!:)

I was reading the 2016 Marathon Weekend event guide (missing the 2015 Marathon Weekend, so was just reading it, considering the 2017 Dopey.) The Marathon Weekend event guide states the kids' runs start at WWOS at 11am, with the 1-mile starting at 12:30. The PHM website still says 11am for kids' run with a rolling start, and, "The One Mile will have a separate start location and time." So I'm not sure what the "separate time" will be, but thinking it could be as late as 12:30pm based on the Marathon Weekend schedule. I guess we won't know for sure until they either update the PHM page or release the event guide - but at least we'll have the information a couple weeks in advance.
Thank you!! Makes sense.

....... .................
I also get misty-eyed while I'm waiting in my corral and they sing the national anthem and when the fireworks go off for each corral's start. Even to this day, so many races later, it still gets to me. I think I just get so overwhelmed by the comaraderie and runner's spirit, along with the immensity of just how big this race is and the culmination of so many month's hard work...it truly is a magical experience.

Luv2Run, will you add me as a registrant in the Enchanted 10K? Will be my first ever! Thanks.

Hi Jackienut. Welcome to the thread! I have a treadmill with ifit that I work out on too. I started at my house here in NH and I am planning to run to Florida. I just start my workout each time in the place that I ended on last workout. It's going to take a while. :-)

I did my first 10K at Princess weekend last year. You are going to have a blast.

HockeyMomNH: How inspiring! I do so love running with IFIT. It is difficult where I live to run outside. I must make about an 8 mile drive to do so. This coming week, I suspect that this is an absolute necessity for me. Some tell me the TM is more difficult, but I have found it to be just the opposite. Thanks so much for sharing.

HockeyMomNH: Some tell me the TM is more difficult, but I have found it to be just the opposite. Thanks so much for sharing.

I agree completely! If I set the treadmill to a faster pace, I naturally keep up. When left to my own devices on the open road, I'm not so good at maintaining my pace. I also like seeing all the numbers laid out in front of me and I'm way less self conscious about strangers judging me as they pass by me. At the gym, I figure- all the people there are trying to improve something and are busy doing their own things- I hope they aren't paying me any mind!

But I do think the magic of race day will inspire me to have a faster pace, keep up with the herd and such. It is true what they say- running is so mental!

Just finished 11 miles on the treadmill feel like I'm going to collapse. 13.1 seems in reach now considering I started running in June when I got this hair brained idea to run a Disney 1/2! Then I got another hair brained idea & im signed up for Tinkerbell in May. Figured if I'm going to do one, I better do 2 & get the coast to coast!

I had a rare moment of insomnia last night and used the time to peruse this thread on the boards (something I don't normally get to do during my work week). Long story short, I am now the proud owner of a pre-ordered D&B Crossbody that I will pick up at the Expo the day before the 5k.

If you can add me to the 1st page thread, I am only doing the 5k so that I can get back to PA to watch my son play Lumiere in his school play. I'm staying at All Star Movies for the first time.

This is my best on TM program so far in 2016.

50x50.png

Disney 10K 2015 route with IFit (hope the route is the same this year, even though we added extra distance.)

6.43 mi

01:17:40

dfa0269b10-calories.png
710 cals
Jan 11, 2016

Wow, they have a serious misunderstanding of what date night is. I say either pick a fake fight with your spouse OR be so smoothly that you drive them away lol.

Anyone have ideas for alternatives to those handmade tutus for someone who might be having body image issues? There's concern over how they will look. Sigh. Has to be inexpensive too. Thought a party store tiara and a simple tutu would be fun but the latter might not work. Thoughts?

Agree on the date night...

As for the body image, I am not a little girl. I made and wore a tutu last year for the 5K and felt confident in it, but definitely made it longer. I preferred it to my running skirt I wore for the 10K.

image.jpg

That being said, I now wear Sparkle skirts and feel like they are so much more flattering On me, even if tbey are expensive .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter