Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I am "planning" on doing the GSC!! I just hope with how fast the registration goes I can get in and not mess it up! This will be my first half and first Disney race, super excited!! I will be running it alone--ahh. So hopefully I will meet some nice running friends to talk to while waiting for the race to begin.

What's the fave (DVC) resort to stay at, if doing the 5 and 10Ks? It all starts and ends in the Epcot area, right? But you can't walk through Epcot in the morning, so you'll take the bus anyway to the start, and you would need a ticket to walk through after the finish. Is a monorail resort of use?

Yay!!! Please add us to the list! I'm running the GSC and the 5K in 2016! Loved the PHM in 2014 and ran the full marathon in January of this year. But early January is a tough time for a trip with school schedules, and as much as I really loved the full marathon, training for the full is very time-consuming. I'll be back for that when the kids are a little older. So I'm excited to run the GSC. Our boys ran the half in January and said that next time, we definitely need to run a challenge - much more festive! :)

I will be running the Princess Half Marathon next year!! So excited. This will be my first run at Disney. How is the presale for this? Is it insane? The Wine and Dine sold out in minutes today. Just wanna get a feel of what I'm in for on June 30th. Also, is one hotel better than another for this event?

What's the fave (DVC) resort to stay at, if doing the 5 and 10Ks? It all starts and ends in the Epcot area, right? But you can't walk through Epcot in the morning, so you'll take the bus anyway to the start, and you would need a ticket to walk through after the finish. Is a monorail resort of use?

I stayed at BLT for 2014 GSC & 5k and the monorail was great. Ones stop to TTC, switch to Epcot and your there. No bus lines to worry about. I stayed at BWV for 5k and 10k this year, split stay with BCV for PHM morning. Drove to all three. Easy drive in and out in a flash for 5k and 10k, PHM was the only day I planned on the bus. Walked out, saw the line, and my sister and I looked at each other and promptly went to valet for our car. The drive that morning took longer, but it wasn't bad. If I had my choice I'd probably pick BLT, but it's my favorite room layout anyway. BW is our home resort and therefore easier to reserve, we're going for BW again next year because the rest of the family prefers it for park access. The fact they can roll out of bed and walk into the balcony to cheer us on doesn't hurt either;)

Joining in and new to disboards! PHM 2015 was my first half marathon and rundisney event and I LOVED IT!! Plan on doing it in 2016 and contemplating the GSC :) Read a lot of your posts while planning for PHM 2015 and it was a huge help!

I will be running the Princess Half Marathon next year!! So excited. This will be my first run at Disney. How is the presale for this? Is it insane? The Wine and Dine sold out in minutes today. Just wanna get a feel of what I'm in for on June 30th. Also, is one hotel better than another for this event?
Registering for the 2015 PHM was nerve racking. The Active site crashed, because a number of big races went on sale at the same time. Today I talked to someone who got in to Wine and Dine. She said she was in the Active queue and from start to finish it was 35 minutes. Hopefully, early registration won't be as slammed. As for hotels, all resorts are host resorts. It just depends on the amenities you want. Price, sharing a room with a number of people, modes of transportation, proximity to a park.

Joining in and new to disboards! PHM 2015 was my first half marathon and rundisney event and I LOVED IT!! Plan on doing it in 2016 and contemplating the GSC :) Read a lot of your posts while planning for PHM 2015 and it was a huge help!
Your name suggest you're from WI. I'm in the southeastern part of WI. How about you?

Prices have been posted. Not sure why they bother with the tier pricing, we all know it's gonna sell out on Day 1...

Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $175 by August 4, 2015
  • $190 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $205 on or after August 26, 2015
Disney Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $110 by August 4, 2015
  • $125 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $140 on or after August 26, 2015
Glass Slipper Challenge presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $305 by August 4, 2015
  • $340 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $365 on or after August 26, 2015
Disney Princess 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $65 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $75 per participant on or after August 26, 2015
runDisney Kids Races - Dashes
  • $15 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $20 per participant on or after August 26, 2015
runDisney Kids Races – 1 Mile Run
  • $30 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $35 per participant on or after August 26, 2015

Thanks for the pricing info Ariel484 - I was at a women's leadership luncheon so I missed the update while I was away. Phew! It seems like they set the registration dates earlier and earlier; last year we had until end of November, not end of August! I guess that makes sense, though, given that these races sell out so quickly.

Well, just in case my cousin and I get in, I got a room at Bay Lake for the 5 and 10k. First time ever booking at 11 months out. :)

If I remember correctly the presale sold out faster that yesterday (Wine and Dine not the Princess, I'm guessing we can expect about the same for Princess). But they only have a limited amount available. I would be ready 5 to 10 minutes before and keep refreshing. I did that yesterday and was able to register me for the half and then me and my DD for the 5K all by 12:03. I did the half first and I was registered at 11:57 per my confirmation. I'm surprised I did it so quickly and correctly my hands were shaking so bad. It was my first time registering ever and I had no idea what to expect.

Oh and the link Keels posted was a life saver! She said she would try to get it for us for the Princess Half....fingers crossed. haha

If I remember correctly the presale sold out faster that yesterday (Wine and Dine not the Princess, I'm guessing we can expect about the same for Princess). But they only have a limited amount available. I would be ready 5 to 10 minutes before and keep refreshing. I did that yesterday and was able to register me for the half and then me and my DD for the 5K all by 12:03. I did the half first and I was registered at 11:57 per my confirmation. I'm surprised I did it so quickly and correctly my hands were shaking so bad. It was my first time registering ever and I had no idea what to expect.

Oh and the link Keels posted was a life saver! She said she would try to get it for us for the Princess Half....fingers crossed. haha

I will do my very best! :yay:

I'm just happy I only have to register for the Glass Slipper. My biggest worry was getting myself registered but not DD...which seemed to happen to a lot of people. She isn't going in February. And now I also know what to expect. lol

I'm just happy I only have to register for the Glass Slipper. My biggest worry was getting myself registered but not DD...which seemed to happen to a lot of people. She isn't going in February. And now I also know what to expect. lol

I'm with ya! I'm on my own for races after Wine & Dine (husband doesn't really like running and is only doing this for me this year, he wants to focus more on cycling in '16), so it will DEFINITELY be less stressful, even though he was in charge of registering himself this year.

So Im a newbie to Disney races, and I have a few questions if someone can help :) How far in advance should I be booking the hotel (do they sell out before registration??) For submitting a time from a 10k, does it need to be one that results can be found online? Or how else do they check it. Im running one in May, but not sure if it will qualify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter