Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I'm just getting ready to start a 10 week training program to get ready for my first half marathon at the end of Sept. I also have a half scheduled for the end of October and the end of November. I'm wondering what people do for training between halves? I still want to be ramping up the training so that I am working towards the GSC in Feb.

Regarding resort deals, I'll add my two cents! We've had APs for the past few years, and have become pretty flexible with resort choices. We'll usually target a specific resort (or resorts - we split stays often) but nothing is final until the deals come out. I used to book early and then either apply the discounts when they appear, or switch resorts to get a deal. Because I'm not going to pay rack rate ever, and because we're flexible with resorts, we now just wait for the deals and book at that time. For PHM, I'm considering either WL or a WL/Poly split, but it all depends on what's available at a discount.

Any suggestions for wireless headphones??
I have a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit from Amazon. I like them - they aren't perfect but they're good enough for me.
Just finished a nice 3 mile run, who else has started their training?!
I'm currently training for Disneyland Half weekend, so my GSC training won't start until October or November. :)
I'm just getting ready to start a 10 week training program to get ready for my first half marathon at the end of Sept. I also have a half scheduled for the end of October and the end of November. I'm wondering what people do for training between halves? I still want to be ramping up the training so that I am working towards the GSC in Feb.
I just try to sort of do maintenance runs - so I'll keep running 3-4 times each week with 2-3 mile short runs and one longer run of 4-5 miles. Something like that.

My shirts for my Daisy and Flounder outfits arrived today. The Flounder shirt is going back - it is AWFUL. Totally the wrong shade of yellow (neon...seems like most tanks I'm looking at online are also neon yellow and nor regular yellow), but worse than that, it's totally see-through. NOPE. Glad RunningWarehouse.com has free returns! The hunt for a plain not neon, not see-through yellow running top continues.

My purple top for my Daisy outfit is good. A little too dark with the purple, but it fits well and isn't see-through, so I'm happy with it. :teeth:

Excited! I'll be running 5k again!

Sad that the 10k + are all sold out though. :(

Edit! I managed to purchase a 10k through a travel agency so I will be doing both the 5K + 10k this year!

I'd love to meet some others running! Last year I ended up running by myself when my friend bailed at the last second. I'd love some running buddies (or meet-up before & after run buddies if you're a solo runner!) :)

Last edited:
THIS HAS BEEN SOLD!

If this isn't allowed here, please let me know. I have a pair of RunDisney New Balance Cinderella running shoes for sale. Size 9. I bought them thinking they would fit me as someone told me they run a half size larger (I wear a 9.5). It's my opinion now that they are true to size. I bought them off Ebay, and they have been worn a couple of times, but are in excellent condition. I have the original box, blue ribbon laces, and yellow laces. More photos available if interested. $135 includes shipping - I'd really just like to recoup what i paid so I can get the proper size. I have more photos if interested. Thanks!

11055378_483407328507739_2587591455157455530_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ok, I talked to dbf last night, and we've decided on Wreck It Ralph & Vanellope Von Schweetz for the 5k.

It all looks great! The teal sweatshirt is cute!

Nice!

I took a few weeks off after this year's PHM, but have been running (run/walk) consistently since then. I really miss it if I don't! I am happy to be registered so I can call all my runs princess training runs again! 3 miles yesterday. Going to try to get up early tomorrow to get out there for the cool weather. I really struggle with getting out in the morning!

I started my training for Avengers Infinity Gauntlet Challenge this week. 3.5 mile runs twice this week, then 4 -5 depending how I feel Sunday. I'm still getting over an injury, so it's a slow pace, but so far so good. I need to figure out what I'll do between the time I finish the IGC until the GSC. I'm guessing a few weeks of low mileage to recover then pick up wherever I should be in a GSC training program.

For anyone interested, runners world this month has a great article on running backs to back running events. There is a training program with start dates for various races, but you could just count back the appropriate number of weeks from GSC.

For anyone interested, runners world this month has a great article on running backs to back running events. There is a training program with start dates for various races, but you could just count back the appropriate number of weeks from GSC.

Would that be the July issue? Sounds like one I want pick up (or perhaps they have the article online?). I'm currently training for a half that I will run in September, then I'm thinking of doing Rock n Roll Vegas in November, and then it will be about time to train for PHM. Usually I just run one half every fall so this will be new territory for me.

Not meeeeeee! :cool2: Haha. I ran a half a couple months back and haven't run a mile since. Guess I should get back into it since I have a half coming up in 3 months. :eek:

If this isn't allowed here, please let me know. I have a pair of RunDisney New Balance Cinderella running shoes for sale. Size 9. I bought them thinking they would fit me as someone told me they run a half size larger (I wear a 9.5). It's my opinion now that they are true to size. I bought them off Ebay, and they have been worn a couple of times, but are in excellent condition. I have the original box, blue ribbon laces, and yellow laces. More photos available if interested. $135 includes shipping - I'd really just like to recoup what i paid so I can get the proper size. I have more photos if interested. Thanks!

11055378_483407328507739_2587591455157455530_n.jpg

I asked a friend who was looking. I'll let you know what she says!

Would that be the July issue? Sounds like one I want pick up (or perhaps they have the article online?). I'm currently training for a half that I will run in September, then I'm thinking of doing Rock n Roll Vegas in November, and then it will be about time to train for PHM. Usually I just run one half every fall so this will be new territory for me.
It might be on the website! runnersworld.com

I get the iPad version, and it is in the August version of that. I assume they are the same, but I've never actually looked. The article is about back to back races like Ifinity Gauntlet, Rebel, Glass Slipper, Tink or similar non runDisney events around the country. I like the plan, may switch to it when the Avengers date starts in August.

Just ordered my In Training GSC! Need something keep me motivated. I am in week #12 of Galloway 's DDD.
When I booked my GSC through the travel agent all that was said on hotel was I must take 2 night hotel but prices would be announced at a later date. I put a deposit on Beach Club.

So I am starting to think I may order the performance jacket. I can't find a size chart anywhere! Anyone know where the jacket size chart is hiding? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter