Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I'm trying to make my FP+s and pretty much EVERYTHING is available - but nothing is really speaking to me!

So - two questions to pass the time until we get official race related news from rD:

1. What FP+s are you MOST excited about?
2. What ADRs did you make?

1. My "kids" (they are 17 & 20) actually picked all the fastpasses, except for Sunday, when I have the Princess / Mermaid FP+s in MK to get photos with my medal! I didn't take any last year. Also we're visiting a full week so have lots of time, so just happy to have FP for shorter waits on Toy Story, 7 Dwarves, and the other rides with long lines.

2. ADRs - Trying for the first time - Via Napoli, Be Our Guest lunch, & no ADRs but hopefully Skipper Canteen. Other than that are "regular" family oriented ADRs. My daughter is pretty picky. Also our group size each day keeps changing, so I feel like I have changed our ADRs over & over. And will probably be trying to adjust a few head counts this week, as I think my Dad's schedule changed.

What I'm really excited about are-
My son joining us (he's in college & missed the last few trips - actually he took his own trips with his girlfriend)
Star Wars Fireworks
Haven't seen Festival of Fantasy Parade yet
Having a full week and not feeling rushed to fit everything in!!!
And to visit Diagon Alley at Universal for the first time

Not doing FP's for this trip. No park time. But in terms of ADR style things:
1. Wanyama Safari (see below)
2. After YEARS of DVC Ownership, I finally managed to snag a 1BR Club level at AKV. I've managed to do all manner of 'hard to get' ressies (looking at GFV standard view studio less than 3 months after opening, and you BWV during F&W festival over a weekend and NOT as a home resort booking) but have NEVER managed to get this one. Then saw it open up one day and promptly switched half my stay to accomodate it.
3. Sports Massage with the BEST masseuse ever at GF
4. Brunch at Cali Grill
5. Trader Sam's- even if I'm alone
6. Being at Disney. Oh wait, how did that get there?

I mean, it's not my thing - but I can take one for the team and go to Trader Sam's with you. I'd hate for you to be alone!

* It's really very much my thing *

I mean, @Keels I'd hate to put you out! What kind of person would I be to drag you to a place where apparently volcanoes explode and magical things happen just by ordering a drink? Plus, It's my first time- I've never been there. But apparently, it's a drag. Bad drinks. Boring. No fun. No one else should really waste their time with going.

:rolleyes1

TWO SHOTS OF RUM!

How have you never been?!?! I don't even know about this world anymore.

Could this be a PHM meet in the making?!?

I can be the designated driver. All up for a meet.

I have a dooney question. Did anyone who ran wine and dine or marathon weekend buy the larger dooney bag? I'm curious about the size. I preordered the "shopper" but not sure if it is the same size as the shoppers at disneystore.com. TIA.

Okay, another "while we are waiting" question. Has anyone ever run one of the Diva Half Marathon's? I am planning on running the Branson one in May and wondered how people liked it. We have some Wyndham points we have to use up by August 31 so I talked DH into going to Branson, then slipped in the "oh yeah, while we are there....." lol! :)

Okay, another "while we are waiting" question. Has anyone ever run one of the Diva Half Marathon's? I am planning on running the Branson one in May and wondered how people liked it. We have some Wyndham points we have to use up by August 31 so I talked DH into going to Branson, then slipped in the "oh yeah, while we are there....." lol! :)

I did the one in Peachtree City, GA last year. Not much to the expo, if you want to call it that. It was also very unorganized. We ended up having to park in a large mud hole where the people directing traffic had to help push vehicles because they were constantly getting stuck.

Me too, probably because someone realized they had the wrong dates! :rolleyes1

Nothing like a legal document having the wrong year on it! Then again they were going to let DS do the SW 5k without collecting his waiver, so it's not like they seem to care about them lol.

Hahaha! Are we sure they are not a government agency? They seem to be about as organized this year.

With SW there was a week's time between it being up and them sending an email about it. So odd.

I did the one in Peachtree City, GA last year. Not much to the expo, if you want to call it that. It was also very unorganized. We ended up having to park in a large mud hole where the people directing traffic had to help push vehicles because they were constantly getting stuck.

Ugh! That doesn't sound fun! I hope Branson in more organized!

A couple of pieces to add. Supposed to arrive tomorrow. Purple tank top, sea shell bra, fish net, and anything else I can throw at it. My daughter won't want to run with me now. :lmao:

My daughter and I at the 2015 January Half

You will be adorable!

Seeing I'm new to this has anyone gone to the aquarium and the coral reef restaurant?
I have no plans made but it is great reading everyone 's plans to eat. Hope I don't have to eat fast food if we can't get in any where.

Since we still don't have correct waivers, do we think hope is lost for official corrals tomorrow?

Seeing I'm new to this has anyone gone to the aquarium and the coral reef restaurant?
I have no plans made but it is great reading everyone 's plans to eat. Hope I don't have to eat fast food if we can't get in any where.

It's really good! I enjoy it for lunch rather than dinner - a nice lunch at Coral Reef and then snacking around the countries!

Since we still don't have correct waivers, do we think hope is lost for official corrals tomorrow?

Well, considering people on Facebook received an email from a travel provider trying to sell two GSC bibs, I'm going to say yes.

"Good afternoon,

We just had 2 cancellations for the Glass Slipper Challenge. If you are interested we would need payment in full ASAP and no later than tomorrow afternoon.

I just confirmed with runDisney the bib will be in your name, however your name will NOT be on the bib. And despite proof of time you will be placed in the last corral.

I'd love to help out our client who had to cancel last minute. Please let me know if you are interested no later than tomorrow at noon!

Thank you"

Also, in my conversations with both RD and TrackShack today, it appears that there are quite a few issues on both sides that nobody knows who is responsible for fixing. It's a debacle.

It's really good! I enjoy it for lunch rather than dinner - a nice lunch at Coral Reef and then snacking around the countries!

Well, considering people on Facebook received an email from a travel provider trying to sell two GSC bibs, I'm going to say yes.

"Good afternoon,

We just had 2 cancellations for the Glass Slipper Challenge. If you are interested we would need payment in full ASAP and no later than tomorrow afternoon.

I just confirmed with runDisney the bib will be in your name, however your name will NOT be on the bib. And despite proof of time you will be placed in the last corral.

I'd love to help out our client who had to cancel last minute. Please let me know if you are interested no later than tomorrow at noon!

Thank you"

Also, in my conversations with both RD and TrackShack today, it appears that there are quite a few issues on both sides that nobody knows who is responsible for fixing. It's a debacle.
Crazy! While I would love to get official corral placement like . . . yesterday, it really isn't putting me out that things are a mess with this. However, I really hope this isn't a taste of things to come in terms of the smoothness of the actual race. This is my first runDisney event, and I would be so surprised if my other more local races show it up!

"Good afternoon,

Thank you"

This is just sad. I've always said that Disney IT was bad, but this is crazy. How professional for both to blame the other instead of just fixing the problem. RunDisney is really showing poor management here.

Crazy! While I would love to get official corral placement like . . . yesterday, it really isn't putting me out that things are a mess with this. However, I really hope this isn't a taste of things to come in terms of the smoothness of the actual race. This is my first runDisney event, and I would be so surprised if my other more local races show it up!

I just can't believe that we're less than two weeks out and they're STILL allowing people to be registered for this race - through tomorrow!

I wonder which we'll see first - waivers/corrals or merch! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter