Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

@faneuil That's what they told me late yesterday afternoon (both rD merch locations). I was secretly hoping that they'd restock every day and was planning to stop by early tomorrow when we head back to WDW. It seems silly that they'd run out of magnets which are pretty cheap to produce and probably have a great ROI (at $8.95 a pop if I remember correctly). One CM told me that she checked out a guy buying about 20 magnets and she kind of gave him a bit of side-eye, but that she had to ring them up. This would be easily solved if they had a limit (like 3 per person or something). I get that rD doesn't care HOW they make their money, but that sort of messaging to their runners may just be a good part of why races aren't filling up as quickly as they used to. There were rD CMs trying to recruit registrants for Tink - which is in THREE weeks.

Anyway, sorry for long-winded thoughts. By the by, did anyone notice that they even have the wrong date on the half marathon medal pin? Sloppy.

View attachment 162193

Must just be on the merchandise. Saw the actual medal and the date is correct.

So, put in the claim codes on photopass (as my mom's account and she is AP) and my parents 5k pics popped up under a runDisney tab. Worked pretty easy for the most part, it took a little bit to claim the number with a spinning loading thing.

So, put in the claim codes on photopass (as my mom's account and she is AP) and my parents 5k pics popped up under a runDisney tab. Worked pretty easy for the most part, it took a little bit to claim the number with a spinning loading thing.

I think we talked about this before, so forgive me...but where do we find our claim codes for the pictures?

What's the quality of the photos? Not doing a race anytime soon :worried: but would totally pay for memory maker if the photos are of good quality.

I think we talked about this before, so forgive me...but where do we find our claim codes for the pictures?
It's in the Event guide or if you go to run Disney results and pick darkside it lists them.

What's the quality of the photos? Not doing a race anytime soon :worried: but would totally pay for memory maker if the photos are of good quality.
SO far awesome! more keep popping up for them, lots more then I had for the Jan 5k with marathofoto. Quality is super duper too!

For the photos, is the one-day Memory Maker still a thing? I'm trying to figure out the best option to purchase photos if we do end up liking a lot of ours on Sunday.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party sites where you can buy the magnets since they are sold out?

Does anyone know of any 3rd party sites where you can buy the magnets since they are sold out?

I'd watch eBay, but give it some time for the initial hype to die down. I wanted an extra Goofy magnet from Marathon Weekend. They started out around $20 right after the race, but by March they were down to $10-11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter