Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

I am still deciding what I think about them! I haven't been on here in a while, but I am super excited for the race weekend. :)

I like them I just still wish we had kept the Dumbo theme to the 5th year. Yeah I know I'm being picky let me be.

I agree. I am excited for Pixar, but I am also glad I received my Dumbo Double Dare medal and the classic "D" medal last year. The celebrating 5 years listed on the Pixar challenge medal just seems a little off when every other year it was the Dumbo Double Dare. I like the medals, though. They have great ribbons, too.

Last edited:
I'm kinda indifferent about the medals - I love the look of the ribbons, but it also looks like the medals could be on the smaller side.

If the tradition holds suit - the medal ribbons usually are similar to bib pattern and shirt design - I'm really to excited to see what shirts look like!

I'm kinda indifferent about the medals - I love the look of the ribbons, but it also looks like the medals could be on the smaller side.

If the tradition holds suit - the medal ribbons usually are similar to bib pattern and shirt design - I'm really to excited to see what shirts look like!

I'm not really sure on them. I think they could've been better, but I see them as a mixed bag:

Kids' Race: Fantastic! Wish I was getting a Dug medal!
5k - It's ok. Hopefully it looks better in person
10k - Love the concept, but HATE that they used Monsters University Mike.
Half - the more I see this one the more I like it. Best of the regular race medals
Challenge - Like the ball and Luxo Jr but totally don't get the background. Not sure what it means

Huge disappointment on the medals for me. While the blue color on the ribbons is lovely, the medals themselves are underwhelming. I'm doing the challenge and I like the challenge medal the least of any challenge medal ever. Oh well. Glad I got the adorable dumbo medal when I did.
I hope they do a nice job on the shirts.

The brick makes sense. I suspect though that the new trend may be to give the Disneyland Half a revolving theme every year or every few years. Whatever consideration I had of running these races ended when they sold out.

I like the medals, but with the Kessel Run this year, I had to make decisions and this was an easy one.

For those looking to get some #TeamSparkle skirts, they're doing a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off today only. :D

No idea if/when this will be updated for runner tracking with Bib numbers and course maps, but it looks like this is the link for Runner Tracking:

http://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-DL-2017

Also, I'm going to be on an Alaskan cruise Aug. 10-18, so that pretty much guarantees that's when anything exciting will happen. :D

Spent the day working on race outfits and shirts for the weekend for our Disneyland trip! Having to nail down some of this stuff a lot earlier than I'd like to ... but it was cool to see everything start coming together today.

Up first!!

10K Running Outfit:
IMG_0910.JPG
My and I will be running the 10K as Monsters U. cheerleaders - complete with pom-poms and everything! Still waiting on those to be delivered ... but today, I finished our Cheer Tops!

Half Marathon Running Outfits:
IMG_0911.JPG

Andy's Toys!! If you've done the DLH before, you know that it not only gets CRAZY sunny quickly but it can also be brutally hot. So, we're going low-key for our outfits for 13.1. We're each wearing these tanks with nods to the actual toy they represent (Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Aliens).

COAST TO COAST, BABY!
IMG_0912.JPG
I didn't really like the Coast to Coast shirt this year, and we wanted something the three of us could wear that would be unique for just us. So, we're going to be celebrating Castle to Castle!!

Team Shirts:
IMG_0913.JPG

Yes, I know these are Cindy's castle and not Aurora's ... but I did the design back in January (and then it got too cold to bother with them), so - we're busting them out this race trip!

And, Because ... DUH:
IMG_0914.JPG
I also made this design for a lighter-colored shirt with a Mickey Bar ... but that will have to wait until tomorrow for me to finish off.

Spent the day working on race outfits and shirts for the weekend for our Disneyland trip! Having to nail down some of this stuff a lot earlier than I'd like to ... but it was cool to see everything start coming together today.

Half Marathon Running Outfits:
View attachment 256677

Andy's Toys!! If you've done the DLH before, you know that it not only gets CRAZY sunny quickly but it can also be brutally hot. So, we're going low-key for our outfits for 13.1. We're each wearing these tanks with nods to the actual toy they represent (Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Aliens).

Your Half outfits are genius for the DL weather and look amazing!!!!!

Your Half outfits are genius for the DL weather and look amazing!!!!!

Thanks! We'll all have extra nods to our characters ... like a tiny red Cowboy hat for Jessie, tiny brown hat for Woody, Alien hat, etc.

I'm wearing a purple sequined visor for Buzz and am going to wear a white running skirt and white compression sleeves.

OMGoodness those shirts are awesome!! Do you make those yourself? If so, how? I'd love to design my own shirts and put them on quality running singlets. Someday....

Hubby and I are wearing cute INKnBURN outfits each day. No themes, maybe someday.

20526394_1805356062813454_1735748780_n.jpg

I clicked on the above link and got this. What gives? RunDisney sure is going to upset if this is true.

I clicked on the above link and got this. What gives? RunDisney sure is going to upset if this is true.

Funny, when I click on it says "Sorry, this event is not currently public". That makes sense as waivers and bib numbers have not yet been released. I'll give the benefit of the doubt at this point and assume they had a mistaken message that has since been corrected.

seems like it was a copy of the info from Marathon Weekend with the half being cancelled rather than a prediction of things to come at DLand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter