******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone....20 pages to review since yesterday....Wow....I cheated and jumped ahead to now. I'll go back and read, just anxious to see if any news was dropped...guess not. Still hopeful we will hear something from Black today. Party on....it's going to be a long weekend! :dancer:

So... is this what people do to get the "+10"? They book it, make ressies plus 10, and then stay offsite or book different dates? I've read about throwaway rooms but that's a slightly different concept. Note - not endorsing this practice as it eliminates legit chances for someone else. Just asking out of curiosity.
A sensitive subject on here for sure. For the record, the throwaway room thread only allows discussion pertaining to the benefits of keeping the reservation. Any comments/questions pertaining to booking then cancelling will usually be deleted by Mods.

To answer your question, yes I've seen it discussed on here.

So, I’m getting ready for the drop on Monday morning and have a few questions:

• The dates that will be announced are “arrival dates”, right? So we could stay on black-out dates as long as we arrive on the non-black-out dates?

• Will all resorts be included in the free dining? I thought I read somewhere that some resorts were not included in the past.

• Is the quick service at moderates a fact? Or rumor?

• Can we book quick service and upgrade at a later date?

I did some preliminary searching for rooms and rates and I was a bit shocked at the lack of availiblity and it seem like the room rates are much higher than last year.

Thanks in advance.

• The dates that will be announced are “arrival dates”, right? So we could stay on black-out dates as long as we arrive on the non-black-out dates?

• Will all resorts be included in the free dining? I thought I read somewhere that some resorts were not included in the past.

I did some preliminary searching for rooms and rates and I was a bit shocked at the lack of availiblity and it seem like the room rates are much higher than last year.

Thanks in advance.

Yes - arrival date is the one that matters

No - some resorts are always excluded (usually POFQ, All star Movies for sure. I can't remember what others)

It's all rumor until we see it on the disney page!

As long as you upgrade 72 hours or more before check in you can upgrade your dining plan and pay the difference. We always stay value and upgrade :)

Thanks in advance.

• Yes it is the arrival date
  • Not all resorts are included. I know POFQ has not in the past. But most are included
  • Just a rumor right now. Know one knows for sure until it drops
  • Yes you can upgrade but I am not sure if there is a time frame. When we did we upgraded when we booked.
I hope this helps.

A sensitive subject on here for sure. For the record, the throwaway room thread only allows discussion pertaining to the benefits of keeping the reservation. Any comments/questions pertaining to booking then cancelling will usually be deleted by Mods.

To answer your question, yes I've seen it discussed on here.

Wow, That practice is a pretty crappy thing to do. But thanks for answering me! I wish people could think outside of themselves ... and the mods can feel free to delete these posts so I don't go giving bad ideas around :). It wasn't intentional :).

And a venti is one credit. So get one and share.
Some beverage are also offered in Trenta. Those are also one snack credit and we take full advantage of it!

Share Starbucks?!?!:rotfl2::drinking1
We do! They'll even give you an extra empty cup so you don't need to keep passing the cup back and forth.

When they told me at the counter I could have any size, any drink I almost kissed them! Best way to spend my snack credit!
Same! It's an excellent use of a credit, specially if you go for the venti.

How do you know if Disney Visa gets it early? I have been a card member for 6 years and never been notified early.

How do you know if Disney Visa gets it early? I have been a card member for 6 years and never been notified early.

You hear it here when other members are notified and come here to post OR they went looking and found it and came here to post.

Most think there will not be an early announcement to members, but members may get an extra week of dates on the front end that are available to them to book free dining that general public cannot.

I have found emails from my DV come later in the day when the promo is dropped...not super helpful unless you're an average disney person and not stalking the promos for weeks before ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter