******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All, I am hoping someone can help. If I get an All Star Music Suite for 4 adults and 1 child but only 2 of the party is arriving on check in day and the remaining on day 2. Does Disney allow this? I am trying to save money for a group of 5 comparing Free dining and a potential Room only discount. We both already have individual reservations at CBR for our respective checkin dates but am building a comparison to see if sharing and free dining might save us some money. Thanks all.

Is there a delete post option on here?? All I seem to be able to do is edit a post to change it, but not delete it.

Last edited:
Woah!! Lots of reading today. Seems nothing new- YET!?
I have been racking my brain for the past week since the rumor came out. We are booked at CBR Sept 25- Oct 1. 2 rooms they're are 7 of us total. 4 adults 1 child and 2 infants. We love CBR. News came out about construction and gift card offer, wasn't enough to turn us away (we've stayed during room construction and we're not bothered) more space is a big deal to us. Pools for kids is big deal for us. Even though we only have 1 rest day. QSDP is throwing me for a loop. I just don't know what to do. Book value and upgrade if dining is released or stay CBR and upgrade. If we can get any at all. Difference will be $927 between CBR and POP. BUT we will be getting $900 in GC which we thought OK that will be our spending. We either pay it up front for the package and get back to spend or go lower package and we will spend that anyways. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated because this brain is toasting with all the thinking. I am trying my hardest to figure and can't seem to see if a RO would benefit us. Our ADR are made
Ohana- Whispering canyon- BOG lunch and dinner- Tusker ROL- LTT- Cape may cafe
We want to do all of these, breaks for us work. OOP seems like a lot even if we used the gift cards. UGh
I hope everyone else planning is magical:genie::rolleyes1:charac2::rainbow:o_O

We really do. We stayed at Movies once when they offered the free dining there. Our son was 3 and loved it. But the transportation was completely different than staying at CBR. Another factor on why we like it there more.
We are in the same dilemma. Factoring in the GCs, it would be $60 to stay at CBR vs moving to POP. I can't decide what to do. It will be myself, my mom and DD14. We are only at the resort to sleep, so the construction doesn't worry me. We only really wanted to do a couple of TS, so having QSDP doesn't bother me.
It's the buses that have me worried the most since I've never been to CBR. What is it you like about CBR's transportation? It stresses me out since it's such a bigger resort. I've noticed there aren't ques for the buses so does everyone naturally "line-up" or is it a free for all when a bus pulls up? I know it's Disney, but it's still the real world with real people. If 5 people are waiting for a bus to MK and an empty bus pulls up, no problem. But if 20 people are waiting for a bus that can fit 5 people, it may be a problem. I love having my Disney spirit in my Disney bubble, but after a few days of missing buses because of people getting on the bus before me when I was waiting longer will break that spirit and burst my bubble. Ugh. Way too many factors.

Kim, the reason info could come tomorrow is that the call center CM's have their update meetings on Friday. Tomorrow is when they should be told of the FD offer. I don't know how Black gets his info, but I have to guess he may have a connection with a CM. The CM I know will not be able to talk to me until Saturday afternoon if at all this weekend. If I find out anything look for my post mid afternoon Saturday. If my hunch is right about Black, I'm sure he'll beat me to the punch tomorrow.

Here is Disney Ron' post from yesterday if anyone missed it, he knows a CM in reservations!

I replied to the first person actually who stated this.

We'll be in Florida before our check in so we'd upgrade the three days before check in. The GC would just technically cover it since we'd have that $300 to mess with after check in. I think I worded that wrong XD left out some words.

I replied about this,

We'll be in Florida before our check in so we'd upgrade the three days before check in. The GC would just technically cover it since we'd have that $300 to mess with after check in. I think I worded that wrong XD left out some words.

We have the GC already just debating how to use it after getting there. Basically, do we keep the GC offer an stay at CBR but upgrade for $300 while we visit friends the few days before and have that money to spend later with the GC or do we switch if we don't get DDP?

Is the $300 worth it when we have the GC to replace it later on, on whatever we want.

Sorry about that, so many pages and posts sometimes it's easy to miss something. :)

We are in the same dilemma. Factoring in the GCs, it would be $60 to stay at CBR vs moving to POP. I can't decide what to do. It will be myself, my mom and DD14. We are only at the resort to sleep, so the construction doesn't worry me. We only really wanted to do a couple of TS, so having QSDP doesn't bother me.
It's the buses that have me worried the most since I've never been to CBR. What is it you like about CBR's transportation? It stresses me out since it's such a bigger resort. I've noticed there aren't ques for the buses so does everyone naturally "line-up" or is it a free for all when a bus pulls up? I know it's Disney, but it's still the real world with real people. If 5 people are waiting for a bus to MK and an empty bus pulls up, no problem. But if 20 people are waiting for a bus that can fit 5 people, it may be a problem. I love having my Disney spirit in my Disney bubble, but after a few days of missing buses because of people getting on the bus before me when I was waiting longer will break that spirit and burst my bubble. Ugh. Way too many factors.

Remember the construction will mean a whole "country" of rooms at CBR will be gone, so there will be less people. They have bus stops spread out across the resort, so it's not everyone gathering at the one stop.
Saying that, I am going to request a room near the exit so we are close to the first and last stops and can choose which is best to get on - first to beat the crowds, or last to save time. Depending on crowds we'll walk to the best one.

It does when you do a package for dates that also have other discounts available. It lets you stack a RO discount with the Canadian ticket offer. As there are no Sept RO discounts out yet it does not seem to automatically default. Good point about the start of the Canadian ticket offer. I don't remember when it was introduced. It would be interesting to see if Disney would let someone modify it now (add the Canadian tickets to a BB FD offer). I am guessing that will be a no go as it would be a pretty significant discount...

I noticed that as well, I went back last night and tried with the summer RO and it brought up the discount as a default.

Agree on the churros in Mexico. The caramel sauce makes them even better.

tumblr_oigx1a66yC1uxb6ajo5_r1_540.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter