******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Can someone please sway me one way or another for Pop or All Stars? I can't make up my mind. It will be myself, DH, DS(4), and DD(2). This will be our first family trip. Last time I went I think I was a sophomore in high school, probably 2001, and I believe we stayed at All Stars music.

Question for those who have stayed at POP or can weigh in with thoughts on Value resorts, which we've never stayed in.

Our dates are 11/26-12/3. Split stay: 11/26-11/30 at CBR and 11/30-12/3. (I won't get free dining the last few days of our trip- but we can use Sunday's QS credits on Thursday and with the gift card offer and our Disney Visa rewards, paying for food OOP is no biggie Fri & Sat. Plus I may be able to score a room-only discount 11/30-12/3 since that's a separate reservation not eligible for FD).

Anyways, if I can't get FD with current reservation at CBR 11/26-11/30, my first choice would be another moderate- but POR and POFQ are excluded and I'm not seeing availability at CSR. Even with FD, upgrading to a deluxe would add $1,000 to our trip, which I can't justify. So I'm looking for advice on staying at a value and it looks like POP is available. I'm hesitant to book this due to the double beds vs. queens (there are 4 of us- husband, me, 2 kids (10 & 6) and husband is pretty tall). And, if it's warm enough to swim, we'd love to have a great pool (and the Values don't have slides). Some people seem to love POP. Others have complained that the beds/ rooms are just too small.

I realize this is a personal decision, but if we are park commandos for the most part, is the difference between POP and CBR std room really that big? Worth changing to POP to get FD? Other consideration is, if we get FD at POP we could perhaps stay at a deluxe the last 3 nights vs CSR, if a good room only discount comes out.

Sigh, sorry this is long, just debating our options before pulling the trigger Monday and my husband may kill me if I ask his advice again LOL

Stroller Question:
DD 4. DS turns 7 there.
Does anyone know of a good lightweight double stroller with a high weight capacity. We don't even own one now, but I know we will need one. I figured if I have to push something, it might as well be one that can hold all of our stuff (not sure the park ones have an storage) DD son will probably be the one that wants a break more even though he is older. I know they are to old in normal circumstances, but I am really worried about the amount of walking, and crankiness= no fun.

Maybe just one stroller and let them swap? Doubles are so bulky to me, so if you can get away with a single I would suggest that. Last time we went DD was 5 and DS was a baby, so we used a sit and stand which worked well because DD didn't want to be in a stroller all the time. This time DD will be 7 and DS will be 2.5, and he is in the 98th percentile for weight, so I'm not sure our sit and stand can handle both of them (or that he will even fit...). I'm afraid to totally go without a stroller option for DD7. She gets whiney when tired so I don't want to push those limits! DS will still need a stroller quite a bit of the time since he's little, so I'm not sure. If we had a single she could take a break but that means chasing the 2.5 year old.

Anyway I got into my stroller issues lol. For a 4yo and 7yo I would try to opt for a single and let them swap because singles are so much easier to maneuver in a crowd than a double or a sit and stand! If you definitely want a double I would recommend looking into rentals since you really only need it for Disney.

Don't tell me we're going to stalk this guy... :sad2:
When someone posts that a person known to provide accurate information on a thread that you actively follow is on, but you have not seen any new posts while reading, a common reply would be, "Where did you see said person?" Not exactly stalking :sad2:

Last edited:
Hang on to your seat. Somebody (RonDisney?) stopped in this morning and said FD would be dropping on the 24th, values and mods were definitely getting QS, POR was definitely being included but didn't know for how much of it, and - here's the big bombshell - PH and/or PH+ might not be required. He didn't have any dates or what resorts would or wouldn't be included other than POR. He said more info would be coming but we haven't heard from him since. Dirty Steve is being disturbingly quiet about the whole thing.
Thanks!!!

Stroller Question:
DD 4. DS turns 7 there.
Does anyone know of a good lightweight double stroller with a high weight capacity. We don't even own one now, but I know we will need one. I figured if I have to push something, it might as well be one that can hold all of our stuff (not sure the park ones have an storage) DD son will probably be the one that wants a break more even though he is older. I know they are to old in normal circumstances, but I am really worried about the amount of walking, and crankiness= no fun.
We rented from off site went online picked out what they had they delivered to resort and pick up from resort. We are planning on doing it again this year since we are flying to Disney.

Stroller Question:
DD 4. DS turns 7 there.

I'd 100% get a double. We have rented from Kingdom Strollers the last 2 years and it was the best $100 I spent all week, hands down! My 6 then 7 year old is very active normally but it's a TON of walking, and Very crowded. Just being able to have both kids in the same place and not worry about stragglers was worth it. And the fancy $$ Strollers they rent are so easy to push. My oldest is 8 now, my youngest 3 and we are still considering getting the double this fall. the older one could walk most of the time, but doesn't mean he will want to. Hell, I wish someone would push me around Disney ;)

I'd 100% get a double. We have rented from Kingdom Strollers the last 2 years and it was the best $100 I spent all week, hands down! My 6 then 7 year old is very active normally but it's a TON of walking, and Very crowded. Just being able to have both kids in the same place and not worry about stragglers was worth it. And the fancy $$ Strollers they rent are so easy to push. My oldest is 8 now, my youngest 3 and we are still considering getting the double this fall. the older one could walk most of the time, but doesn't mean he will want to. Hell, I wish someone would push me around Disney ;)

I am contemplating renting a double for my kiddos too but worried about lugging it on and off the busses. Thoughts?

Can anyone recommend a calculator or a resource for restaurant pricing so that I can figure out approx. how much we will spend on dining if we pay OOP vs. change our dates to fall within the projected FD dates?

I am contemplating renting a double for my kiddos too but worried about lugging it on and off the busses. Thoughts?

The citimini GT double folds in half, and DH can easily get it on/off. He usually stands near the front with the stroller standing at his feet, and the kids sit with me. I was worried too since they are huge, but it wasn't a huge issue for us. You do have to remove stuff from the storage space on the bottom to fold it, but we had a tote bag to throw it all in when we needed to do that.

That one looked way smaller folded than the other ones, I seriously love that stroller!

Stroller Question:
DD 4. DS turns 7 there.

Last time I went, kids were 3.5y and 7.5y. I rented a City Mini GT Single Stroller. Worked beautifully. The 3.5y old used it the most - her legs just couldn't always keep up. My 7.5y old would hop in with her on occasion. It was a somewhat tight fit for the two of them, but when his legs (the 7.5y old) needed a break, it worked just fine for short periods. Just my two cents. You may not really need a double stroller. ETA: It holds 65lbs worth of kids. May depend on how much your kids weigh - pretty sure I pushed the 65lb weight limit when they were both in it, but it was for short periods and it held up just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter