******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating if we will go again. We went once before and it was DS 3rd birthday. We had a great time and went on everything with no lines! Only people on splash mountain! We dressed DS like Peter Pan and DH and I wore Halloween shirts. I normally love to dress up but it's so freaking hot! This year it will cost almost an extra $300 for the 4 of us so I'm still deciding. We would go 8/25.
Yes, its a lot of money, on top of the other costs. Your Splash Mountain pic is amazing though!

What
Ok for any new people here - this is a link to the chat we are using as well. The Dis goes down for scheduled maintenance and everyone will be using the chat to communicate when that happens. It's also pretty active now so feel free to jump in!

https://*******.gg/7WajcmZ
What is the group or tag #? Sorry, new to this app. Thanks!

Yes. We will be at the first party! We were at the first party last year too. I didn't think it was crowded at all.

We will all be dressing up, but there is no cohesion or theme between the four of us......a witch, a caveman, RobinHood and the Orange bird.....a real Motley Crüe. :rotfl:
Oh, Orange bird, what a great idea!

for anyone hoping for a RO discount for the Fall, these are the details from last year (not that it means they will be the same this year), copied from @black562
FB page, note the "save up to":

"A room discount offer is also is now available for stays between August 26 and November 5.

Save up to 25%: BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, Beach Club Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios Only.

Save up to 25%: Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard Room/Pool View Rooms, BoardWalk Inn, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savanna View/Club Level Rooms, Contemporary, Beach Club, Polynesian Village.

Save up to 20%: Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside.

Save up to 15%: All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites Only, Pop Century, Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness.

Excludes: Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Bay Lake Tower, and Grand Floridian Villas"
I know this is for last year but if u book RO does it work the same as FD? If my first date is in the date range I get that rate for all days. Or for example on above dates if u r going back 11/3-11-12 u would only get discount for first 3 days?
I never booked RO so I was not sure how it worked

Apologies if this has been asked a million times! I'm at work today and would likely get fired if I spent hours reading all of the posts I have missed (haha and if that happens, NO ONE is going to Disney in our house:rotfl2:). Last I saw, there was speculation that it would require a min 4-night stay with 4 day PH. Is this still the word on the street? We are only going down for a long weekend over Labor Day with 3 nights/2 day PH so I figured I would check to see if it's worth it to get up early or if the likelihood is that we miss out this year.
I believe that is the rumor we are all working with. Where were you planning on staying and how many people? It may be worth adding an extra day at the end of your trip. Even if you don't stay that extra day maybe the FD would come out less expensive? I would run some numbers.

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?
Our last night will be the August 29th party. I have read so many good things about MNSSHP so I think we will go. Over 300 dollars for our family of 5 though... I hope it is great! My kids love Halloween, so I know they will want to dress up.

How much does it cost per person (child and adult) to upgrade from quick service dining to the regular dining plan? Is it worth the extra cost? Are there any "character" meals that are 1 credit? I am planning a trip for my mother-in-law and my niece for August.
Thank you.

Toph
$21 per adult, per night, and $4 per child under 10, per night. Most of the character meals are 1 credit, and if you plan to do a lot of character meals, its definitely worth it.

I'm new on this thread, I've been reading a little here and there. I've never done free dining, so this is all new to me. I'm helping my future daughter-in-law plan their honeymoon (Yes, my son did good and is marrying a Disney junkie!). What time does it usually come out in the morning? Online or phone, which is best? I'll probably book it a pay the deposit for them, I was planning on helping them with the honeymoon anyway. Also, how much to upgrade from quick serve to DDP?
BTW, they are planning on going to MNSSHP on Sept 1st. They will be dressed as a hamburger and a pizza, their favorite food, lol.

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?
Yes, we're hoping for 9/24 as that will be our check in day! We've never been so we're very excited!!

Our last night will be the August 29th party. I have read so many good things about MNSSHP so I think we will go. Over 300 dollars for our family of 5 though... I hope it is great! My kids love Halloween, so I know they will want to dress up.
I hope its great too! My kids mostly tolerate my obsession with costuming, although last Halloween neither kid was willing to dress up (they are 16 and 12). I hope they would humor me for this though! Figuring out good costumes for the Florida August heat will be the challenge I think.

I'm new on this thread, I've been reading a little here and there. I've never done free dining, so this is all new to me. I'm helping my future daughter-in-law plan their honeymoon (Yes, my son did good and is marrying a Disney junkie!). What time does it usually come out in the morning? Online or phone, which is best? I'll probably book it a pay the deposit for them, I was planning on helping them with the honeymoon anyway. Also, how much to upgrade from quick serve to DDP?
BTW, they are planning on going to MNSSHP on Sept 1st. They will be dressed as a hamburger and a pizza, their favorite food, lol.

We don't know for sure, but the last 2 years it was around 4am EST. It could be anytime after midnight though. Online will (likely) be open before phones, so that will be your best bet.

As for the upgrade, there are lots of posts the with that amount a few pages back but I'm not certain myself.

Quick questions. I need to book two rooms for our group of two families with two separate cards. Can I request adjoining rooms later if I book online? Can I link them together on the app so one person can do dining reservation s and we all sit together?

what time will this offer hit the computer tomorrow???? Im more interested in room only discount than free dining

So wondering if I have a disney visa if I have to wait to call, since I want the week rumored to be only available with the visa, or if I can book it online, or in my case, modify

I wasn't wondering the same. Last
Year, someone posted the link on here, but that was a few hours after fd dropped. I was annoyed that I didn't get the email. I still don't get emails from chase regarding offers on my card. What I would do if I needed those earlier dates is once fd drops Google "Disney Visa Special Offers for World Disney World". Maybe that would work. There was definitely a separate link last year.

How much does it cost per person (child and adult) to upgrade from quick service dining to the regular dining plan? Is it worth the extra cost? Are there any "character" meals that are 1 credit? I am planning a trip for my mother-in-law and my niece for August.
Thank you.

Toph

All character meals are one credit except for cinderellas royal table.

Quick questions. I need to book two rooms for our group of two families with two separate cards. Can I request adjoining rooms later if I book online? Can I link them together on the app so one person can do dining reservation s and we all sit together?
Yes you can request connecting rooms, though not guaranteed. You can also link so your dining and fp are together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter