******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick questions. I need to book two rooms for our group of two families with two separate cards. Can I request adjoining rooms later if I book online? Can I link them together on the app so one person can do dining reservation s and we all sit together?

Yes and yes

I wasn't wondering the same. Last
Year, someone posted the link on here, but that was a few hours after fd dropped. I was annoyed that I didn't get the email. I still don't get emails from chase regarding offers on my card. What I would do if I needed those earlier dates is once fd drops Google "Disney Visa Special Offers for World Disney World". Maybe that would work. There was definitely a separate link last year.

What is the week only available with a visa???

So, for DV holders, there's no benefit to trying to secure FD early? Just wait and call at 7? I'm up early anyways bc I hit the gym everyday at 5:30, but 4 seems a little bit early to me
This is only true if your interested in those 2 weeks in August before the offer is offered to general public, but if you have a DV and want to go after August, it would be beneficial to wake up early and book.

I believe that is the rumor we are all working with. Where were you planning on staying and how many people? It may be worth adding an extra day at the end of your trip. Even if you don't stay that extra day maybe the FD would come out less expensive? I would run some numbers.
Thank you for the response! We are staying at AoA, in the Cars suite, and it will be myself, DH, and our 5 and 3 year old boys. Last time we stayed at AoA I did a bit of grocery shopping and baking before we drove down (including decorating "Mickey Cookies" and "Mickey Brownies" at a fraction of the price of ones in the park, lol), so we will likely do this again to cut down on food costs substaintailly. Free Dining would have been a great convenience, but if we don't meet the requirements the family is plenty happy eating breakfast oatmeal or muffins (lol yes, I decorate those too), packing up snacks and a lunch for the park, and treating ourselves to dinner. Thankfully the boys still love mama's baked "Disney Treats" and don't view them as any less of a treat than ones they would get in the parks. Hoping to keep them in that mindset for another year or two, lol.

Ok I think we've decided for sure to stay value. Can I get some help choosing between Pop and ASSp? 2 boys will be ages 5 & 7, me, DH for 11/25-11/29.

The rooms are exactly the same, unless you get the new refurbed room at Pop...not sure when those are going to be done but that would be way better IMO! 1 queen and a double Murphy bed. I think they are taking out the carpet too :) I havent seen info on when those will be done yet, but did hear they are starting with the standards?

Pop is bigger, you're more likely to have a longer walk to the main hall from a standard room. Because it has more rooms, the food court was way and bus lines were longer. But in our experience buses came more frequently so we waited less time overall.

Sports is smaller, I felt the grounds were more "green" and from our standard room the walk was shorter. IF we missed a bus in the morning (seriously walked up as they pulled away far too often, just my luck) it was always a 20-30 minute wait for the next. We shared a bus with the other all stars back a few times in the evenings so those lines were long but they often brought a double bus or several singles. And sports is the first dropped off so that didn't make much of a difference. My boys preferred the theme at sports - the huge football field is very cool!

So, that probably doesnt help haha. DH hands down prefers sports. I really could care less either way, but would make sure we were at the bus stops early! :)

We are a family of 5, and my youngest is over 3, I can't find anything that compares to the price of CBR. Am I missing missing something??? I would prefer not to stay there with the construction and having to pay for PH and to upgrade to TS, but I cannot pay $1000+ to stay at another resort. I would really appreciate an advice!

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?
We are planning on going to the MNSSHP on August 29. Last year the first night of the party was the day we checked out. Very excited!! We've never been.

I hope its great too! My kids mostly tolerate my obsession with costuming, although last Halloween neither kid was willing to dress up (they are 16 and 12). I hope they would humor me for this though! Figuring out good costumes for the Florida August heat will be the challenge I think.

When my kids were 15 and 13 and didn't want to dress up anymore we bought them the Disney Halloween tshirts and the jack-o-lantern Mickey ears. It was still very festive and super cute.

We are a family of 5, and my youngest is over 3, I can't find anything that compares to the price of CBR. Am I missing missing something??? I would prefer not to stay there with the construction and having to pay for PH and to upgrade to TS, but I cannot pay $1000+ to stay at another resort. I would really appreciate an advice!

We are a group of 5 this year.

There aren't many options that are reasonably priced, that's for sure but, 2 rooms at a value are about the same price as CBR or a suite at All Star music runs about $45 more per night than one room at CBR.

Paying with points isn't considered rack rate? Sorry for all these questions.
Also some important info to keep in the back of my pocket, that they neglected to tell us, when it comes to my DVC purchase I want to make in the next year or two. Didn't know you don't qualify for offers when using DVC points
If you are considering a DVC purchase in the next year or two I highly suggest researching the product you are buying to prevent any buyer's remorse (like not knowing you wouldn't qualify for free dining with DVC booking). There is a DVC forum here on Disboards with many owners willing to share their knowledge and experience. Some DVC salespeople may be wonderful and honest but others may not be exactly forthcoming about its limitations.

Can the free dining package and upgrade be booked online with a NEW booking? Or is only something you and get by calling?

For those of us planning an Aug-Sept. trip, will you do MNSSHP? We will be there at the end of Aug. and the parties will start during our stay... Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I'd love to go. If you're going, will you dress up? Family costumes, or solo ones?

We're going. We've never been. Going to the pirate league that day and we'll be empresses and a mermaid. Hope I can get tickets. Can't wait!

Which is why I'm even expecting a sh*tshow this year. Haha
I hope it goes well for you all! I would be scared to think it will be smooth though based on one good year. Some of you like me have been doing this many years know it had been a mess in the past. I still to this day take a vacation day on 60 and 180 day marks to just in case there website is not cooperating. Maybe they got the bugs finally worked out of there website (that would be wesome). Good luck everybody!

We are a group of 5 this year.

There aren't many options that are reasonably priced, that's for sure but, 2 rooms at a value are about the same price as CBR or a suite at All Star music runs about $45 more per night than one room at CBR.

Would you recommend a value over CBR? I'm a little worried about lines for the buses and the walk to the bus for values

I just saw on FB free dining is going to be released tomorrow, it will start 8/21 and go through 9/30 then select dates in Nov. and Dec., however the site is saying you will only be offered QS FD at all resorts except deluxe. Not sure if this is for sure or still just a rumor.

It is the site called WDW news today.

Never heard of that resort.

Boulder Ridge Villas was formerly called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It normally is included.

FYI, Disney is building a new DVC resort at Wilderness Lodge -- Copper Creek Villas and Cabins. IT will consist of villas in what used to be the south wing of the main Wilderness Lodge building (they are renovating that entire wing to convert it to villas) as well as lakeshore cabins they are building.

As part of the process, they changed the name of VWL to BRV, presumably to limit confusion.

SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter