******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone figure the OOP expenses? On the WDW app it says $34.99-$59.99 do you go with the highest price? And how do you know children's prices per buffet. Other ones I can see their prices for. Also, I know it's meal, soft drink and desserts for dinner with FD but do meals come with a salad? Let's say at Tony's. I'm trying to figure OOP vs Upgrading AND I feel clueless

In case no one told check out allears.net for some prices as well as the dis.

Lesley Wake said:
So, new game-what is the best Character Meet you have had?

It was actually at the Contemporary many years ago during a character breakfast. My DD who was 6 at the time dropped her plate at the buffet station. She was so embarrassed she started to cry, I felt so bad for her. A wonderful CM saw this and grabbed Donald by the hand and dragged him over and scolded him in front of her playing a prank and greasing the dishes so that the guests would drop them! The Donald character was so good, he/she hung his head, wrung his hands and "looked" like he was sorry and gave her a big hug. She ended up walking away laughing through her tears. I'll never forget that!

I know mine is not in WDW but Plaza Inn at Disney Land we saw like a dozen characters this one time. We enjoyed the food too. This was years ago. I am sure by the time we get back to Disneyland it will be changed to 5 or 6 Characters as everything has been changed too.

Just called Disney about Disney Visa early offer and the cast member was, of course, not able to say anything, BUT she did say "I would DEFINITELY be on the lookout for a Disney Visa Dining offer coming VERY soon". I don't know if that means Visa will drop tomorrow or will drop with everyone else Monday but worth a wake up for those who care :-).

That would be awesome!!!!! I was chatting with a CM today as well, just trying to see if anyone is willing to give me any tiny bit of information. All he would say is, "Keep checking the specials page." But, after I asked for the 3rd time, he said, "keep checking the specials page, shortly." Again, might mean nothing, but I really hope this drops soon. It is testing my patience. lol :)

I sure hope so. Even if all we got was news of the promo from Disney I would be happy but if it was opened up early.
I do get emails from Disney visa every few weeks. I wonder if this is where I would be notified.

Here's one:

What is your least favorite TS?

Hands down...Garden Grill, which we got after a reservation change toward the end of our trip...and after following up after the likes of Tusker House, Narcoosse's, CRT, etc...very disappointing. Long wait even with ADR and bland mediocre food. Meeting Chip and Dale was nice but not worth it.

Ohana for us. Was good many years ago but has gone down hill. We liked it especially when they had fresh pineapple and warm caramel sauce for dessert.

Oh No I am planning on both of these if I get FD

Friends who also follow Disney Tourist Blog, on Tom's Free Dining Page, someone named Hector said his TA already got some info about something landing tomorrow. Tom and another person advised him TA's usually don't get such notices and to beware. Hector said his TA was authorized with Disney but not US. Tom's checking it out. Thoughts? http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/#comments

Is it bad that I think I'm going to miss all this once the offer lands? lol

Intresting. I wonder if we need to stay up all night now.?

:surfweb:HOW DID THE BOARD JUMP 20+ pages in one night... at least I'll have a whiny to do at DS baseball practice this evening...

I could use some help/advice. This is my fourth time going in the last 5 years, I have always booked everything myself, although we did not go last year. We always go in September for 9 nights 10 days. And we have always stayed at CBR with FD. We are now looking at maybe going to Port Orleans Riverside or pop resort. Do you think they will be a huge price difference between the two ( counting on FD) we have never stayed at a value resort but if they are not offering the DD plan for mod resort though I think it might be better to stay at a value? We love CBR so much and I just don't want to be disappointed. My kids are 9 and 11. We usually do five days of parks and enjoying leisure time at the resort.

We also have to pay a horrible exchange rate as we are from Canada so every bit of savings helps. Thanks!
WE are planning travel for the same timeframe & last night when crucnching numbers comparing CBR & POP woth 10 day PH freebie QS dining upgraded by DDP for family of 4 (2 adults, 1 10 yr old, kichild- came up with a little over $1K US difference assuming my calculations were accurate. YMMV & math is certainly NOT my strength.

She was asking what the drawing class was at AOA. I was explaining that it is like the one that used to be at HS that is now the place SWLB is. But obviously not clearly. Lol!!
. Thanks! DS10 loved this before & we had planned to go over to AoA one day & check it out.

Yes! Garden Grill was yuck! The beef tasted like they smoked it in Rome burning on spaceship earth! Lol ewwww
. We have always enjoyed garden grill. We e eaten there every trip since 2010, our biggest complaint was service time before last but glad to report it was isolated to that CM bc last trip service was back on par.

Friends who also follow Disney Tourist Blog, on Tom's Free Dining Page, someone named Hector said his TA already got some info about something landing tomorrow. Tom and another person advised him TA's usually don't get such notices and to beware. Hector said his TA was authorized with Disney but not US. Tom's checking it out. Thoughts? http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/#comments

Is it bad that I think I'm going to miss all this once the offer lands? lol

I'm really confused. I see a Hector talking but he says April 24th? Does he change his mind later in the thread?

In case no one told check out allears.net for some prices as well as the dis.

I know mine is not in WDW but Plaza Inn at Disney Land we saw like a dozen characters this one time. We enjoyed the food too. This was years ago. I am sure by the time we get back to Disneyland it will be changed to 5 or 6 Characters as everything has been changed too.

I sure hope so. Even if all we got was news of the promo from Disney I would be happy but if it was opened up early.
I do get emails from Disney visa every few weeks. I wonder if this is where I would be notified.

Oh No I am planning on both of these if I get FD

Our personal opinion is that Ohana is overrated but others love it.

Intresting. I wonder if we need to stay up all night now.?

I love Garden Grill! I think it's the most under-rated character meal at DW. Also, with all the talk of food poisoning, not to be argumentative, but food poisoning (especially at a place like WDW) is rare, stomach bugs are not. Typically if it is food poisoning, multiple people are affected, not just one family,especially at DW where many people are eating at the same place. It's possible for some family members to get sick and others not due to immunity some may have from having had the bug in their past. Also, the symptoms of stomach viruses such as the norovirus are pretty much the same as food poisoning. I'm a Nurse Practitioner at busy practice (though currently a stay at home mom) so I know what I'm talking about. Just my 2 cents. There's also what many refer to as "disney diarrhea" which can also include vomiting, which comes from viruses due to the close proximity of soooo many people.

I must confess I have been watching this thread hoping that FD would NOT be offered the week I'm going. However it looks like it will be offered. I'm renting DVC points, so I won't get it and now I'm concerned about the availability for good ADRs. Have you found that ADRs are significantly more difficult to get during FD? I'm also wondering what impact the QS only offer will have.

I love Garden Grill! I think it's the most under-rated character meal at DW. Also, with all the talk of food poisoning, not to be argumentative, but food poisoning (especially at a place like WDW) is rare, stomach bugs are not. Typically if it is food poisoning, multiple people are affected, not just one family,especially at DW where many people are eating at the same place. It's possible for some family members to get sick and others not due to immunity some may have from having had the bug in their past. Also, the symptoms of stomach viruses such as the norovirus are pretty much the same as food poisoning. I'm a Nurse Practitioner at busy practice (though currently a stay at home mom) so I know what I'm talking about. Just my 2 cents. There's also what many refer to as "disney diarrhea" which can also include vomiting, which comes from viruses due to the close proximity of soooo many people.

Yeah. Our problem isn't stomach but we always start our day with airborne. Tell the kids not to touch stuff, wash hands etc and most of us have some kind of bug by the end of the trip.

We had a great experience at Minnie's Holiday Dine the past 2 years - best service and character interaction. Ohana dinner was fabulous. Garden Grill was good. Tusker House was good, although hectic. Least favorite character interaction was at Akershus. Very rushed. Crystal Palace food at dinner was ok and we had the longest wait for characters there.

Best character memories are Snow White giving my little one a big red lipstick kiss at CRT and Alice sitting with him in the stroller when he was grumpy and didn't want to get up for the meet and greet :)

I was wondering if someone could help me with finding out the upgrade cost from the ddp to dxdp? I keep finding different amounts on different sites. We have 2 adults, 2 children going for 6 nights. Thanks in advance!

I must confess I have been watching this thread hoping that FD would NOT be offered the week I'm going. However it looks like it will be offered. I'm renting DVC points, so I won't get it and now I'm concerned about the availability for good ADRs. Have you found that ADRs are significantly more difficult to get during FD? I'm also wondering what impact the QS only offer will have.

Yes I have found that it does become difficult to get the ADR's I want once FD drops so I made mine already before I know if I'm even going lol.
I'm getting the feeling that many people will not upgrade to DDP from QSDP.
IF I go I am still uncertain as to if I will upgrade or not. I'm still holding out hope that at least some of the mods will offer DDP vs QSDP like POR hint hint lol.

I was wondering if someone could help me with finding out the upgrade cost from the ddp to dxdp? I keep finding different amounts on different sites. We have 2 adults, 2 children going for 6 nights. Thanks in advance!

37.33 /adult 13.80 child per night

hey everyone! :wave2: have i missed anything since last night? we are getting so close! do you think i need to add on hopper now or when it goes live i will still have time to add it? i remember last time being able to add a reservation to your cart, but by the time you when to check out, it'd be gone. i don't want to run into that, but i also don't want hopper unless we need it for FD... (clarification - i know we need it for FD, but if i'm not going to get it, i don't want it, does that make sense?)

Usually little mermaid rooms at AoA and All star movies are excluded from FD. A suite would be more but ensures you're all together. There's no guarantee on adjoining rooms if you go that route.

You are guaranteed connecting rooms when it's just two adults and three or more children (between ages 3-17). This type of reservation can only be booked by phone since it will be booked as two rooms under one reservation number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter