******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago and my son, who is Autistic, dressed up as a Pirate skeleton and got so much attention, he loved it! He's 20 now and graduating and this trip is his gift. I'm surprising him with the Halloween party and bringing along the costume and makeup and hiding it! This is him in his skeletal splendor.
Awesome pic! I hope he rocks the look again this year!

Whoever keeps seeing no free dining for values where are you seeing this? link the post or website.
It doesn't seem consistent with what we've been told for the last week.

Hi Everyone! I'm planning a trip for myself & my 11 year old niece (first time for her & she's not going to know about it until the moment we are leaving!) for this August. I have gotten sucked into the world of Disney planning, this site is great! You all really seem to know your stuff, so I have question. We are staying at the CBR 8/21-8/26 (reservation is already booked) & I'm really hoping to qualify for free dining. I'm going to check the website at 4am & hope to modify then. But I'm a little nervous given everyone's comments on glitches. I know that the phone lines open at 7 and I anticipate them being jammed. I'm a teacher & won't be able to even attempt the call until lunch time. So here is my long winded question - do free dining rooms really book up that fast that you won't be able to get one unless you book first thing in the morning? Has anyone tried & been totally shutout from free dining before? I'm hoping between the construction & it now being a QS resort, that CBR won't fill up as fast as the values will, and it'll buy me some time to make the call. I swear, planning this trip has turned me into a crazy person, but I'm totally loving it.
It really depends on how flexible you are. If you are set on a specific resort on specific dates then you'd probably be more likely to get those right when FD drops, but availability is changing all the time. People have reported getting their second or third choices the morning of and then finding their dream resort weeks later.

On a side note, DS LOVES surprises. Once he wanted to be surprised for his birthday. Not a surprise party, he didn't want to know his birthday was coming and then SURPRISE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY.

We were able to surprise him with a trip a couple of years ago. It was so much fun! My sister and her kids were going and he was sad that we were missing out (we travel with them a lot) bwa ha ha:stir:. Woke him up in the middle of the night, DH carried him to the car and he as we drove out of the driveway he asked "Do I have any shoes packed?" (He's my worrier, probably why he likes surprises. Less time to worry).
Have a great time!!pixiedust:

Guys I'm very sad because if a 4 day PH or PH+ is required vs the "usual" 2 day I cannot go.
We only need 4 nights and 2 day PH and we'd go to MNSSHP.
We cannot spend another $175 per person for the 4 day ticket for absolutely no reason!
So looks like if that ends up being the case we will go for a very very short trip for MVMCP with a 1 day PH for Hs and EPCOT or we will just not go until next year.

WDW NEWS TODAY says nothing about Values. Now it could have been an oversight, but it only mentions mods and deluxe.

So I've been crazy busy this past week and haven't been able to keep up, the gist of what I'm reading is that we think FD is dropping tomorrow morning? What are these changes that everyone is talking about?

WDW NEWS TODAY says nothing about Values. Now it could have been an oversight, but it only mentions mods and deluxe.

I feel like sometimes different companies want to stir the pot so they purposefully falil to mention EVERYTHING they know.
I'm not saying FD will def be offered to values because we don't know for sure but I doubt they'll be left out.

The focus of that article was the change to FD at the moderate resorts. Since FD at the value resorts wouldn't be changing they probably didn't mention it.
I was just going to edit my post to say something like that. It could very well be just that the author didn't feel the need to speak in regards to values if nothing changed there or it could be intentional but at least to me based on the article it's not an automatic "no FD for Values" thought in my mind just because it wasn't mentioned.

I saw this a few pages back and just looking for clarification..... If I book for myself have free deluxe- can I use credits at TS restaurants for those not on my plan or room? thank you

Yes. I saw you are having some difficulty deciding how to reserve your package as your DD will be in the CP. I would suggest booking the package for yourself and then adding DD when you check in at the resort. That way, only you will have the package components and you can share your dining credits with DD. When you add her AT the resort, she will be able to stay in the room, but will not have to pay for any package components.

The focus of that article was the change to FD at the moderate resorts. Since FD at the value resorts wouldn't be changing they probably didn't mention it.

I'm not saying FD will def be offered to values because we don't know for sure but I doubt they'll be left out.

It could very well be just that the author didn't feel the need to speak in regards to values if nothing changed there

This is also my take on the article. The value resorts have thousands of rooms to fill. It would be crazy for WDW to not include them esp with a sizeable number of guests prepared to pay extra for the upgrade to TS.

Hmmm yeah reading the artical myself it just seems lik e their focus was to tell you that mods are not getting DDP like "usual".

Also anyone notice it says 3 night min and 2 day PH or PH+ min vs the 4 night min and 4 day PH or PH+ min that has been posted on here by more than one person?

If someone is doing park hopper already and planning on everyone eating 2QS or 1QS&1TS per day then I guess it's a good value. For us it's not. We would be paying full price rack rate with no discount!? No thanks. Free dinning isn't much of a "discount" compared to the summer room offer out now. IMO.

I was just going to edit my post to say something like that. It could very well be just that the author didn't feel the need to speak in regards to values if nothing changed there or it could be intentional but at least to me based on the article it's not an automatic "no FD for Values" thought in my mind just because it wasn't mentioned.
I'm sure it would have said no FD at values if that were the case. That would be pretty big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter