"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with the changes to the FP system that went into effect earlier this year, it solidifies the fact that FP+ are for regular entry. Any use of FP for the party ticket was unintentional and due to the bug that allowed the previous loopholes. As we see people try to redeem these, I am certain we will see the MDE accounts getting flagged/locked. People should be somewhat cautious about relying on these. The safest course of action would be to only book FP for the days you have tickets, and add more once you arrive, or adjust your vacation package accordingly. No one wants to be in line at guest services when they could be out having fun.

This is different from the "cheating" methods though. This has been historically expected. I didn't go to parties before the FP+ era, but I assume that you could pull paper FP from 4-7 on parties days then. Since I have been going to parties the past 3 years, I have always booked 3:30-6:30 FP+. I have never done the "multiple MDE" method to attempt to get more than 3 in a day. When the SDFP system change happened, somehow the word got out to blogs and message boards "officially" (as a courtesy warning). The same blogs and boards that currently state that a party ticket will allow for FP+ using that ticket only. I would expect an official announcement rather than relying on guest services email replies for this information.

I would be very surprised if they're not going to allow party goers early entry. Could you imagine the congestion at the entrance at 7pm?! Disney knows that would create problems so having entry as early as 4pm allows 3 hours for the party goers to filter in.

Even with early entry, it is still crazy at 7. Those that aren't "in the know" or just delay entrance for whatever reason. The day I went to MK on a party day (but didn't stay for the party), it was insane trying to get out. It was probably 7:30 or later, and there was a line back to near the bus stop area of party people trying to get in.

Even with early entry, it is still crazy at 7. Those that aren't "in the know" or just delay entrance for whatever reason. The day I went to MK on a party day (but didn't stay for the party), it was insane trying to get out. It was probably 7:30 or later, and there was a line back to near the bus stop area of party people trying to get in.

Not surprised! It would be even worse without early entry. I would be ticked off if I couldn't get in until 7pm but then it took an additional hour to actually get in.

THANK YOU!!! This makes me feel much better. I don't care about ADRs or parade viewing as part of the Dessert Party, or even FP's from 4-7... but I DO care deeply about getting in at 4 instead of 7. You have assuaged my fears and I'm grateful!
I agree! Getting in line at 4 pm for Jack and Sally is far more important to us!

This is different from the "cheating" methods though. This has been historically expected. I didn't go to parties before the FP+ era, but I assume that you could pull paper FP from 4-7 on parties days then. Since I have been going to parties the past 3 years, I have always booked 3:30-6:30 FP+. I have never done the "multiple MDE" method to attempt to get more than 3 in a day. When the SDFP system change happened, somehow the word got out to blogs and message boards "officially" (as a courtesy warning). The same blogs and boards that currently state that a party ticket will allow for FP+ using that ticket only. I would expect an official announcement rather than relying on guest services email replies for this information.

Look I'm telling you, all it really matters is how it's coded. The only reason why it was expected is because a) it worked in the same manner as the SDFP system, and b) it was passed around as a strategy on the dis/other blogs. And I didn't go during the paper fastpass era either, but I'd expect that they would've been gone by 4pm that day for later due to the shorter operating hours. Now, I don't really care about the ethics of it, I had no problems with SDFP either. But if you want smooth sailing, just don't set any expectations for yourself and be willing to forego what was one "expected" as WDW tightens up their ticket and FP processes.

I agree! Getting in line at 4 pm for Jack and Sally is far more important to us!
This is what we plan to do as well. We have APs so early entry isn't an issue as far as getting in, but I am going to be upset if we cannot go ahead and get bracelets and get in line. I don't think it's likely that they are going to cut off early entry, but the changes do make me a bit nervous.

Does anyone have experiences with wearing a wig to the party? We are going to the November 1st party, so hopefully not scorching, but might be annoying. Just want to hear some thoughts.

I am kind of leaning towards being Pocahontas..but I'm blonde (and not committed to the costume enough to dye my hair lol).

Look I'm telling you, all it really matters is how it's coded. The only reason why it was expected is because a) it worked in the same manner as the SDFP system, and b) it was passed around as a strategy on the dis/other blogs. And I didn't go during the paper fastpass era either, but I'd expect that they would've been gone by 4pm that day for later due to the shorter operating hours. Now, I don't really care about the ethics of it, I had no problems with SDFP either. But if you want smooth sailing, just don't set any expectations for yourself and be willing to forego what was one "expected" as WDW tightens up their ticket and FP processes.

I understand that we are in the era of reduced expectations from Disney (since planning this current trip, I have gone from potentially 12 FP+ if I had used all available "cheats" down to 3 for the 2 days we will be in the parks). And I am not talking about the logistics or ethics of alleged "extra" FP+. I am just saying that Disney is obviously not ignorant of the fact that party tickets alone have been enough to book FP+ in the past. I am sure they know that this has helped party ticket sales. If they take it away (even if that just means "correcting" the coding to what was always intended), I would hope (*gulp* - reduced expectations) that there is some official statement OR leak to be published unofficially in the same way as they handled SDFP.

I understand that we are in the era of reduced expectations from Disney (since planning this current trip, I have gone from potentially 12 FP+ if I had used all available "cheats" down to 3 for the 2 days we will be in the parks). And I am not talking about the logistics or ethics of alleged "extra" FP+. I am just saying that Disney is obviously not ignorant of the fact that party tickets alone have been enough to book FP+ in the past. I am sure they know that this has helped party ticket sales. If they take it away (even if that just means "correcting" the coding to what was always intended), I would hope (*gulp* - reduced expectations) that there is some official statement OR leak to be published unofficially in the same way as they handled SDFP.

I think that would be likely, too. But I don't think we'll see it until closer to the first party. This random cancelling is likely a first wave of sorts. I'm sure they knew about it and figured why stop it, it's harmless. But when fixing this loophole, they likely made a conscious decision whether to consider these parties as "valid ticket media" for FP+ purposes.

As an aside, I'd bet only a fraction of the buyers knew, and those who did not will be more upset that they were not able to take advantage. Remember, the Disboards forums only represents a small fraction of guests. So what we expect/know vs the average guest is pretty high. I think more and more people are getting aware thanks to Facebook groups and YouTubers. So I think that's why WDW has decided to finally tighten up those operational goofs from a few years ago.

I think with the changes to the FP system that went into effect earlier this year, it solidifies the fact that FP+ are for regular entry. Any use of FP for the party ticket was unintentional and due to the bug that allowed the previous loopholes. As we see people try to redeem these, I am certain we will see the MDE accounts getting flagged/locked. People should be somewhat cautious about relying on these. The safest course of action would be to only book FP for the days you have tickets, and add more once you arrive, or adjust your vacation package accordingly. No one wants to be in line at guest services when they could be out having fun.
This!!! This is what makes me nervous. I've still got my party FP and last day FP (so far) and I am mostly nervous about the locking of accounts. That's what might convince me to delete my party FP. Don't really want to deal with that. Decisions, decisions :scared::badpc:

This!!! This is what makes me nervous. I've still got my party FP and last day FP (so far) and I am mostly nervous about the locking of accounts. That's what might convince me to delete my party FP. Don't really want to deal with that. Decisions, decisions :scared::badpc:

I don't see anything wrong with waiting to see. Looks like you're going in September so unless you have some really hard to get FP on your last day, you could let them sit for a while. You could see what happens with the first few parties in August. I'll confess that bought my tickets on separate profiles to see if it would still work to obtain fastpasses. But I'm pretty sure it would probably cause problems with use. I'm curious to see what happens.

Although the party begins at 7:00 PM, Guest coming specifically to the special event may be admitted into the Park as early as 4:00 PM.

In case the majority of you just saw the 4:00 PM and didn't really read what the CM said, you might want to re-read it with your old high school grammar class in mind.

The CM said, "MAY be admitted into the park AS EARLY AS 4:00 PM. That's a very lawyerly answer that doesn't really answer the question. To me, that says, there is still a very real possibility that the 4 pm entry will not happen.

I don't see anything wrong with waiting to see. Looks like you're going in September so unless you have some really hard to get FP on your last day, you could let them sit for a while. You could see what happens with the first few parties in August. I'll confess that bought my tickets on separate profiles to see if it would still work to obtain fastpasses. But I'm pretty sure it would probably cause problems with use. I'm curious to see what happens.
Yeah, that's my strategy right now. Just waiting to see what happens and letting everything stay in my account and see if they disappear. I will be interested to see what happens. If there are reports of problems using etc at the parties or later in the trip because of using, then I'll probably delete, not worth the aggravation for sure. I do have 7DMT on our last day, but I have it earlier in the trip too. So just risking it at this point.

The removal of previous perk of 3 FP+ is not necessarily a deal breaker for everyone, but it is a serious loss in the stand alone value of the party ticket. (again, assuming this ends up being correct)

I totally agree. Most people purchase just the party ticket or use only a party ticket to enter at 4pm. The fact Disney isn't allowing FP's on a party ticket is annoyingly uncool considering the cost.

Ugh, our last day is also at AK with an FOP FP+... so I too am contemplating cancelling our Party day FP+s out of safety. Would rather not see the AK FP+s get dropped suddenly

I totally agree. Most people purchase just the party ticket or use only a party ticket to enter at 4pm. The fact Disney isn't allowing FP's on a party ticket is annoyingly uncool considering the cost.

Right. Making decisions that reduce value is not something that Disney seems to have any issue with. But again...I would hope they aren't so ashamed of the change that they are not willing to make it official and public, rather than causing ridiculous situations like this:

Ugh, our last day is also at AK with an FOP FP+... so I too am contemplating cancelling our Party day FP+s out of safety. Would rather not see the AK FP+s get dropped suddenly

The people that did have their last day of FP+s get dropped: was there any notice/email sent when it happened? Or did they just notice it by checking their FP page on a whim?

Right. Making decisions that reduce value is not something that Disney seems to have any issue with. But again...I would hope they aren't so ashamed of the change that they are not willing to make it official and public, rather than causing ridiculous situations like this:

This!

The people that did have their last day of FP+s get dropped: was there any notice/email sent when it happened? Or did they just notice it by checking their FP page on a whim?

So far what I've read here & there Disney has not sent emails. People have been watching their MDE accounts and have noticed the FP's are gone. What is confusing is some have reported not loosing their FP's at all, just some are affected which begs the question why? What exactly do people have tied into their MDE accounts, AP, PH, party tickets and/or phantoms with/without resort? And how many days park days? It appears (I could be wrong) those with longer than 5 day tickets are experiencing difficulties when MNSSHP tickets are "somehow" attached to their profiles.

Again I am only going by with what I've read. My booking window doesn't open until the last week of August. I whole hardheartedly hope/wish fellow DIS'ers keep us informed on this thread and thank those that have.

No notice. I just checked and noticed the parties of 2 switched to 1 (I have an AP so it only affected my sister). The phone CM was very helpful and fixed it (got one back, gave one an overlapping time, and gave one anytime FP for that day for FoP), but I removed my sister from the party FPs before calling, so she had a day of FPs available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter