"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have FP+ already for that day through another tix?
Nope. Just says there are no tickets attached to that profile. But it only happens if the profile only has party tickets. If the party tik is attached to my sister with a 7-day PH, it will let her get an 8th day of FP, but then the last FP day will eventually disappear.

"will eventually disappear."

How long is it taking? I wonder if the glitch is due to having longer amounts of tickets (7 day vs 4 day) or if the folks reporting no problems just haven't gotten removed YET.

We're going to pick up military tickets so I'm watching closely to see what happens. So much easier just to pick them up in person on our first day of there's no FP benefit for early purchasing...

"will eventually disappear."

How long is it taking? I wonder if the glitch is due to having longer amounts of tickets (7 day vs 4 day) or if the folks reporting no problems just haven't gotten removed YET.

We're going to pick up military tickets so I'm watching closely to see what happens. So much easier just to pick them up in person on our first day of there's no FP benefit for early purchasing...
No idea how long! I discovered it this morning. I don't think they had been lost yesterday. And because it was a pain on the phone (CM was very nice but still took close to 45 minutes because he had to get IT on the line too), I don't want to risk loosing those ones for my sister again!

I wrote guest services a few days ago about the rumor of party guests not being let in at the previous years time of 4:00pm. Here is the response. I feel better about it but guess Ill keep my FPs cancelled for the party, which is a bummer.

THANK YOU!!! This makes me feel much better. I don't care about ADRs or parade viewing as part of the Dessert Party, or even FP's from 4-7... but I DO care deeply about getting in at 4 instead of 7. You have assuaged my fears and I'm grateful!

I don't know what to think anymore. Reading through the response, it says MK will be closed to non-party guests starting at 6 pm. The calendars say they close at 7 pm. Are they planning on scaling back the official announced hours? If so, when are they going to announce it? Thw communication on all things related to the party seems very disjointed.

I don't know what to think anymore. Reading through the response, it says MK will be closed to non-party guests starting at 6 pm. The calendars say they close at 7 pm. Are they planning on scaling back the official announced hours? If so, when are they going to announce it? Thw communication on all things related to the party seems very disjointed.

I know this has been announced for the Christmas parties that the parks will close at 6:00pm for non-party guests, but my understanding was it hadn't been announced for the Halloween parties. It could be the CM who sent that response was mistaken and was thinking about the MVMCP. I would think they would have already announced it if their plan was a 6:00pm close for non-party guests for the MNSSHP. And my understanding on the Christmas parties is that the non-party guests will be able to stay until 7:00pm to shop and eat, but they can't join any attraction lines after 6:00pm.

I also emailed Disney about entrance time for parties. Here's what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are glad you are coming to celebrate Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with us! Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a one-of-a-kind Halloween party where you can trick-or-treat immersed in the fantasy of the Magic Kingdom® Park. This event takes place from 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM (midnight) on select nights in September and October. Although the party begins at 7:00 PM, Guest coming specifically to the special event may be admitted into the Park as early as 4:00 PM. Otherwise, a Magic Your Way® Theme Park Admission would also be required to enter earlier in the day.
We thank you for adhering to these guidelines and hope that you and your family have a safe and spooktacular evening!
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

I wrote guest services a few days ago about the rumor of party guests not being let in at the previous years time of 4:00pm. Here is the response. I feel better about it but guess Ill keep my FPs cancelled for the party, which is a bummer.
This concerns me because it says that th parks will be closing to day guests at 6, but the official communication from Disney contradicts that. They are saying that only applies to Christmas parties. It doesn't sound like this person really has all the info, so I wonder if the 4pm thing is correct.

I thought of it as:- party guests would be fine as normal but non party guests must be out at 6pm, as most stuff starts at 7pm it might easier for CM's to pick them out. Non party guests can't ride a ride without a wristband, meet a character and I guess they could even apply that to buying food or merch. Without a wristband theres nothing left to do they are more likely to leave by themselves rather than directed by CM's.

This concerns me because it says that th parks will be closing to day guests at 6, but the official communication from Disney contradicts that. They are saying that only applies to Christmas parties. It doesn't sound like this person really has all the info, so I wonder if the 4pm thing is correct.

Did you see the post above yours? inspectorgadget got a response back as well from a CM that said you can still enter at 4pm.

I hope that is still correct!

I received Disney's response last night at 6:39 pm. For me, this personally alleviates any anxiety I had about not being able to get in prior to 7 pm. As for the FP situation, I guess I'll have to wait and see. It will be our only Disney tickets in MDE (short trip just for MNSSHP) so hopefully it will work as it has in previous years. If not, we'll still have a fabulous time!

I received Disney's response last night at 6:39 pm. For me, this personally alleviates any anxiety I had about not being able to get in prior to 7 pm. As for the FP situation, I guess I'll have to wait and see. It will be our only Disney tickets in MDE (short trip just for MNSSHP) so hopefully it will work as it has in previous years. If not, we'll still have a fabulous time!

I'm in the same boat as we're just doing a short trip for MNSSHP this time around. I'm going on 9/1, what about you?

The removal of previous perk of 3 FP+ is not necessarily a deal breaker for everyone, but it is a serious loss in the stand alone value of the party ticket. (again, assuming this ends up being correct)

I think with the changes to the FP system that went into effect earlier this year, it solidifies the fact that FP+ are for regular entry. Any use of FP for the party ticket was unintentional and due to the bug that allowed the previous loopholes. As we see people try to redeem these, I am certain we will see the MDE accounts getting flagged/locked. People should be somewhat cautious about relying on these. The safest course of action would be to only book FP for the days you have tickets, and add more once you arrive, or adjust your vacation package accordingly. No one wants to be in line at guest services when they could be out having fun.

I think with the changes to the FP system that went into effect earlier this year, it solidifies the fact that FP+ are for regular entry. Any use of FP for the party ticket was unintentional and due to the bug that allowed the previous loopholes. As we see people try to redeem these, I am certain we will see the MDE accounts getting flagged/locked. People should be somewhat cautious about relying on these. The safest course of action would be to only book FP for the days you have tickets, and add more once you arrive, or adjust your vacation package accordingly. No one wants to be in line at guest services when they could be out having fun.

What if you're just going to the party and that's it? Should I try and get FP from 4-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter