"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed at checking back in but we did the party on the 24th too and it was fantastic! My first time and it did not disappoint! We had some bizarre CM encounters (and rude guests too) because of my costume but mostly it was super well-received by CMs. I was a Jungle Cruise Skipper. My name tag said "Wanna B. Skip" I had an absolute blast. I know we didn't do *quite* everything but we really did get through almost all of our must-do items! We decided to watch the fireworks while riding Dumbo (over and over and over!) and that was a really cool perspective. We saw some amazing costumes, LOVED the Hocus Pocus show, and I left with 3 full gallon size bags of candy which we handed out on Halloween. Total success and I am hoping I can convince DH that the 2 of us should fly down next year for this party too. Thinking I'd wait on taking the 5 kiddos though, not all of them would last to midnight "and beyond" and that would NOT make it worth it to me.
img_-dnh2vf-jpg.281036

img_0809-jpg.281033

Tonights Party was awesome. Weather was perfect! Crowds weren’t bad. We got a ton done. Jack & Sally, Peter Pan, Mine train, Pooh & gang, Donald & daisy, skeleton magic shot, pumpkin waffle sundae, parade, haunted mansion magic shot, fireworks, Moana, lotso, space mountain, thunder mountain and loads of trick or treating plus a few other PhotoPass/magic shots. It was a wonderful night!

WOW! More info please popcorn:: This was the Nov. 1st party right? Wondered how that would turn out.

Me!!!! We’re taking our first Disney Cruise Oct 12-16 and am planning on 2 park days first - to check out Toy Story Land and attend MNSSHP!

Us too! Did anyone notice 2018 dates align with 2012? Here were the dates back in 2012:

MNSSHP 2012
September: 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, 30 2012
October: 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 2012
November: 2 2012

Question - Will they be they same in 2018? Interesting, very interesting!:scratchin

Us too! Did anyone notice 2018 dates align with 2012? Here were the dates back in 2012:

MNSSHP 2012
September: 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, 30 2012
October: 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 2012
November: 2 2012

Question - Will they be they same in 2018? Interesting, very interesting!:scratchin
Will they toss in August as well??

Hmmm, that's a great question, I really don't know I haven't taken the time to look back to see when they started adding party dates in August.
I will be at UO the week of August 20 next yr and if they do the party that Friday as this year I could hop on over keeping

We also attended the party on 10/26 but felt the opposite-- we've felt it was the least crowded party we've attended in the last few years. We abandoned our initial plan because we walked up to a front row spot for the first parade at 9:15 in front of the firehouse. Then walked right to Main Street and got a great spot for Hallowishes and then hit so many more character meet and greets than we had originally planned!

We also attended the party on 10/26 but felt the opposite-- we've felt it was the least crowded party we've attended in the last few years. We abandoned our initial plan because we walked up to a front row spot for the first parade at 9:15 in front of the firehouse. Then walked right to Main Street and got a great spot for Hallowishes and then hit so many more character meet and greets than we had originally planned!

Loved the party on 10/26 - not crowded at all!

Well, Halloween is over :( We just got back home after our Halloween trip so I'll add my Nov 1 party review.

It didn't sell out but it still seemed pretty packed.

We dressed as Jack Sparrow and pirate Ariel, though I got called the redhead most of the night anyway.

I think we just missed a MK bus at our resort so we ended up having to wait 40 minutes for another one (I hate the buses anymore). This meant that we did not get to the park at opening so we had to modify the plan. No way would we meet Jack and Sally quickly and we've met them before.

We arrived and went through the bypass and got our treat bags and starter candy. After that we went straight to the Moana line, so we most likely lined up around 4:40 and were in the second wrap around of the queue. This line got insane, it was down past the Swiss family treehouse when I went to get a citrus swirly around 5. Moana came out around 5:45 or a few minutes after. A couple behind us in line ended up leaving as soon as she came out. We were by them later in another line and they said they left because they weren't impressed. Whatever that means. Wait an hour for a character then leave when she comes out.

We ended up meeting her at 6:10, we were worried she would take her break at 6:15 so we had a bit of anxiety over whether we'd get to her or not.

After that we took our time and walked slowly to get in line for Pooh and co. We were about 15 groups back at 6:30.

Those characters came out right on time and the line moved quickly. They were handing out autograph cards. I know people like autographs and I understand why but the lines just move sooo much faster when the characters don't sign.

We swung by Eric and Ariel but the line was huge so we headed to Tomorrowland. Lotso had a very long line but it moved quickly. Probably took about 20 minutes. After that we did TTA and when we were coming off some of our friends found us so we hung out. @soniam and we also got to meet @chunkymonkey .

We did a trick or treat trail with them (the one near Space was empty) then we went to meet Pirate Goofy with @chunkymonkey . He was on break so the others very nicely held out spot while we trick or treated in the circus tent. The line moved very fast when he came back.

After that we headed to our parade spot in front of the train station for the first parade. The pre show with Nick and Judy was entertaining but I think I prefer Frontierland with the Cadaver Dans.

The parade was good as usual. After that we moved to the grassy area in front of Casey's and got some seats for the fireworks. Most people ended up staying seated.

We took off after that to see about Jack Sparrow. We walked by the Tarzan group and there line only had a few groups but my boyfriend is weirded out by Tarzan so we skipped them. Jack Sparrow's line was very long and we've met him before so we moved on. We got a magic shot by the Pirate treasure map area without wait.

Then we hunted around Frontierland for Brer Bear and Rabbit. We found Bear but were told Rabbit wasn't out that night. We then met a gravedigger and only had to wait behind one group.

HM was long so we passed by and went to get in line for Ariel and Eric. We waited about 15-20 minutes and were getting very nervous at the end because they were going to go on break soon but we just made it.

We went to the circus area to check on the ducks' line but it was long. We got the magic shot by the front of the storybook circus with no wait.

Cinderella and Elena had about no wait, 2 groups in front of us so we met them since we'd never met Elena before.

Then we went back to HM and the wait was much shorter. I think we still waited 15 minutes though and the ride broke down for a few minutes at the end. This caused us to miss getting on POTC by about half a minute :( So we went to the hub and saw the last Hocus Pocus.

The bus wait to Sports wasn't terrible, they sent a bendy bus after the first bus filled so we waited maybe 10 minutes.

At that point I realized we forgot to get our Country Bear Sorcerer's cards :( The Country Bears are our favs so it wasn't a happy moment.

Final thoughts on the party...

I really love this party but it's definitely starting to wear thin. Everything is just the same and every year there are less and less villains to meet. The party was by no means empty so lines were pretty long for most things. For the past few years we've been getting maybe one new character each year to meet. I enjoy the party but it's getting harder to convince my bf to go. This year we basically went because we got the Universal Halloween Horror Night's frequent fear pass so we were already down there and decided to do 1 MNSSHP.

Well, Halloween is over :( Nov 1 party review.

Wait an hour for a character then leave when she comes out.
Lines just move sooo much faster when the characters don't sign.
Parade - I prefer Frontierland with the Cadaver Dans. Most people ended up staying seated.
We got a magic shot by the Pirate treasure map area without wait.

At that point I realized we forgot to get our Country Bear Sorcerer's cards :( The Country Bears are our favs so it wasn't a happy moment.

Final thoughts on the party...

I really love this party but it's definitely starting to wear thin. Everything is just the same and every year there are less and less villains to meet. The party was by no means empty so lines were pretty long for most things. For the past few years we've been getting maybe one new character each year to meet. I enjoy the party but it's getting harder to convince my bf to go. This year we basically went because we got the Universal Halloween Horror Night's frequent fear pass so we were already down there and decided to do 1 MNSSHP.

Thanks for the review! Did you get a chance to go to MK Guest Services at anytime to pick up the SotMK card?

I have to agree with all points here so much so we're planning a split stay next year and will be doing one MNSSHP and ONLY because of my bet with @Cluelyss! Just kidding buddy, but we are planning on attending only one party.

Ok so some people were asking about my Halloween resort character hunting. I was advertising on the Halloween threads and there were about 9 of us in a facebook messenger group who were coordinating and letting each other know which characters were at which resorts, which was immensely helpful. Also, I'm most likely going to end up duplicating this post and putting it in both MNSSHP threads, since I believe people from both were interested in how this went. This is what ended up happening:

The final schedule we all contributed to:

vyVgcC1.png

We were ready to head out around 3:30 pm.

We went to Saratoga Springs first, last year they'd had Oogie Boogie so we had to check. We ended up parking at the pool (mistake) the character meet and greet and Halloween party stuff was veeery far away. There were signs pointing the way and we should have gone back for the car but we didn't. We spent about 15 minutes walking. Finally got to the meet and were about 15 groups back. It ended up being Chip and Dale. Maybe not as good as super rare Oogie Boogie, but these guys are always fun.

7Vbk6b5.jpg

After the very long walk back to the car we stopped at Old Key West. They had a signboard up at the gate that only guests could park there, so we turned around and left. This was the only hotel we tried to stop at that we had an issue not being let in.

We heard through our group chat that Panchito was at All Star Music. He is from the 3 Caballeros and is very rare in WDW (In DL he meets every Christmas with Donald and Jose). Characters rotated at the all stars and when we arrived Donald was there. We couldn't not meet him, so we met him then did some trick or treating and hung out for about 10 minutes until Panchito showed up!

Bbp7LXX.jpg

VN3GuEb.jpg

7zdnRiL.jpg

Since we were already at the All Stars we just headed to our home resort, Sports. We were able to walk right up and meet football Goofy (there is a football Goofy short if you haven't seen it, we like it a lot). Then we hung out for about 15 minutes until he changed with Daisy.

bmgcnJq.jpg

VeyxHO3.jpg

k7o4L0X.jpg

Movies had Minnie in a movie star dress and Mickey as a director. We'd met them before and remembered that Movies had a long wait, so we instead went next door to Coronado Springs.

6AjjCc8.jpg

3xNVuF0.jpg

4UPvXs7.jpg

Pluto was hanging out by the lake and we only had to wait for one group. He was switching off with Mexican Donald who we'd already met so we headed out.

We next went to the other AK area resort, AKL. We met Pluto yet again, we had to wait behind about 5 groups. I believe he was switching off with another of the Fab Five in a safari outfit so we decided to head out. We hadn't heard which characters were at Kidani but that resort is a pain in the butt to have to park at the parking garage and walk a great deal to the characters so we skipped it because we'd heard pirate Goofy was meeting at Caribbean beach and that meet ended soon.

dmp3grE.jpg

T65MnCm.jpg

TtJFA79.jpg

We made it for the last character set which ended up being Pluto yet again.

ikoJmG1.jpg

Hrq9p9p.jpg

bHT0TCW.jpg

Next up, we hadn't heard a lot about the characters at AOA so we gave it a shot.

We ended up arriving at a perfect time and had to wait a few groups to meet Pluto in a life jacket. 5 minutes later Donald in a beach outfit came out so we met him with only a few minute wait. I love hitting those character splits perfectly.

RkI78BK.jpg

GM3ivmW.jpg

qWScYrf.jpg

Pop was right next door so was the logical choice. Pop's line was huuuuuuge. We ended up missing surf Mickey by a few groups but got to meet Hawaiian type dress Minnie. Also got a few cute pics of them interacting.

3vO1L5v.jpg

V57fabX.jpg

I really didn't feel like messing with most of the deluxes this year, as they can be a pain to park. Through our chat, we heard that Elvis Stitch was at Poly again (we'd met him before). I think Princess Daisy and Chip and Dale in Moroccan outfits were at Contemporary. Wouldn't have minded the munks in those outfits but oh well. I believe Grand Floridian had scarecrow Mickey and witch Minnie, who we'd met before.

I didn't end up hearing a lot about the Epcot deluxes.

Instead we went to the Port Orleans resorts. Had to start at French Quarter since super rare character Louis from Princess and the Frog was out. We ended up missing him by a few groups and instead met Tiana, then hung out at the resort party for half an hour until Louis came back, we were first in line.

ccqHBVh.jpg

kmLHjWy.jpg

2iXnyQ3.jpg

We headed to Riverside next where Goofy and Mickey were meeting but the line had already been capped, so that was the end of our night.

Tr3KbKC.jpg

Counting Chip and Dale as one meet, we met 13 characters, which was not bad at all. If we hadn't messed up parking with the long walk at Saratoga we probably could have got one or two more in. Oh well, goals for next time!

Also, we got to see a lot of cast member made pumpkins along the way, here are some of my favs:

u91cFBD.jpg

lZFwwOo.jpg

KNYSFCW.jpg

LC9xqiC.jpg

v5xFDB5.jpg

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Not only do you get to meet the characters but you get to explore some awesome resorts and see all their Halloween offerings. If anyone has any questions please let me know!

Back from our first trip during Halloween...we have done the Christmas ones three times...had a great time. We HAD said our next trip would be December after Galaxy's Edge opens...DW just said she wants to plan a trip just to do the party again next year.

@OhioStateBuckeye it was so nice finally meeting you and your bf during our first MNSSHP! Thanks for all the tips, it really made the party enjoyable for us. We did get our picture with Ariel and Eric and a couple of the magic shots too. I love the pictures of you both at the resorts with all the characters. I guess the key is to have a car to do all the resort hopping? At least for those resorts which are not near each other. If we're back for Halloween again another year we'll for sure try and do that!! I'll PM you the Pirate goofy pics once I've had a chance to download them. I still have not gone through our pictures from September, LOL.

@OhioStateBuckeye it was so nice finally meeting you and your bf during our first MNSSHP! Thanks for all the tips, it really made the party enjoyable for us. We did get our picture with Ariel and Eric and a couple of the magic shots too. I love the pictures of you both at the resorts with all the characters. I guess the key is to have a car to do all the resort hopping? At least for those resorts which are not near each other. If we're back for Halloween again another year we'll for sure try and do that!! I'll PM you the Pirate goofy pics once I've had a chance to download them. I still have not gone through our pictures from September, LOL.

It was very nice to meet you guys as well! We actually saw you get to meet Ariel and Eric but we were many groups back in line.

What else did you end up doing that night?

Don't worry about the pictures, it's nice enough you offered so I'm not worried about how long it takes.

Actually, there was one guy who was in our group who was doing character hunting using resort buses and I think he did quite well for himself. I'd prefer a car, but it can be done without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter