• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend (Jan 12th - 15th, 2017)

Does anyone know when registration begins for this race or how to go through a travel agent for sure? This is my first year getting into the Disney races and I want the Kessel run soooooo bad.

The dates are on the runDisney Facebook page:
image.jpeg

The races sell out pretty quick so you'd want to sign up as soon as they go on sale. Annual pass holders and DVC (Disney vacation club) members get a presale a week before the regular sale. The runDisney site has travel partners you can book through too (most of them require you book a 2 night hotel stay through them if you want to sign up for the race through them.

That's going to be a very expensive set of months. :sad:

Our race calendar looks to be:
  • Avengers 10K x2
  • Star Wars Light Side Rebel Challenge (10K and Half) x2
  • Princess Glass Slipper Challenge (10K and Half) x2
  • Star Wars Dark Side Half x2
  • Tink Half x2

The lack of Passholder discount is depressing.

• Avengers 10K x2
  • Tink Half x2

I can't believe there isnt a passholder discount... especially for people who have AP to both WDW and DL. I'm not one of those people unfortunately, but you'd think there would be a huge incentive to get people who do coast to coast to get APs!

I'm definitely doing the Star Wars light and dark next year. We'll see how in shape i am by the DL half in september before I start committing to all of those. You guys are gonna kill it! Impressed.

• Avengers 10K x2
  • Tink Half x2

It does get expensive! We aren't doing Glass Slipper next year but I do have the following
  • Wine & Dine Half x 1
  • Jingle Jungle 5K x 1
  • Star Wars - Light Side Rebel Challenge x 2
  • Star Wars - Dark Side Challenge x 2

• Avengers 10K x2
  • Tink Half x2

At this point, I'm just happy that we get the opportunity to register early. I don't see them offering a discount until there is a way they can confirm that only passholders (and DVC) are registering.

Does anyone know when registration begins for this race or how to go through a travel agent for sure? This is my first year getting into the Disney races and I want the Kessel run soooooo bad.

Registration should be:
June 14th for the Star Wars Light Side Weekend
August 9th for the Dark Side Weekend

I have loved the SW Half Weekends the last two years and am excited to get my Kessel in April! These events are seriously addicting!

I have loved the SW Half Weekends the last two years and am excited to get my Kessel in April! These events are seriously addicting!

They very much are!

I have a feeling with the introduction of the Kessel, we'll have more people wanting to get it next year, since it was announced after Light Side had already sold out.

Made our reservations at Best Western - now we just need to see if we make the cut in June..!

Since I'll actually need park tickets this time around, and I'll be in DL the day AP reg opens, I'm thinking I'll go through a travel provider this year if theres one that doesn't require a hotel stay.

This was supposed to be the first year DD does the 10K but she has decided she wants to sleep in instead lol. Can't say I blame her and my wallet is actually thankful! I thought I was done with the kids races but DS5 has decided he wants to do it if I'll run with him! This shocked me as I as he never expressed interest in it before and he's seen DD run the kids race 3 times. But I'm so happy he's decided to do it!

DH & I decided to go for the 10K! I've never run a 10K before, so I'm excited to do it. I thought I'd be doing it alone, but DH wants to do it with me! This will be our first run (unless we do something this year), so I've got lots to learn. Been lurking on other race threads learning about registration. I think I understand that part. Now I just have to start running regularly.

One day I hope to do the half as it's a bucket-list item for me.

DH & I decided to go for the 10K! I've never run a 10K before, so I'm excited to do it. I thought I'd be doing it alone, but DH wants to do it with me! This will be our first run (unless we do something this year), so I've got lots to learn. Been lurking on other race threads learning about registration. I think I understand that part. Now I just have to start running regularly.

One day I hope to do the half as it's a bucket-list item for me.

Great decision going for the 10K! Its my favorite race distance :) How's the running going?

Can I ask did you go thru a rundisney travel agent and if so what rate did you get?
I'll chime in since I reserved also....I just went through the BW website and I'll watch to see if the rate drops. AAA rate was $140ish. This past year I paid $125ish I think.

Great decision going for the 10K! Its my favorite race distance :) How's the running going?

Running is going pretty well. Didn't get a run in at all this past week due to travel, but ran about 3 miles yesterday. I'm doing the Run-Walk-Run method which has been GREAT for me.

I'm thinking of staying onsite, but when I last checked, it appears that the dates aren't opened up yet. Anyone know when the dates will open up?

Running is going pretty well. Didn't get a run in at all this past week due to travel, but ran about 3 miles yesterday. I'm doing the Run-Walk-Run method which has been GREAT for me.

I'm thinking of staying onsite, but when I last checked, it appears that the dates aren't opened up yet. Anyone know when the dates will open up?
I think dates will open up in July. I remember it was after registration this year, and the date kept getting pushed back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter