• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend (Jan 12th - 15th, 2017)

Check check!! This will be my sons graduation trip! He doesn't want to run but wants me to and give him the medals.

Well that was embarrassing my kids pointed out this was light side in Disneyland.... I'm thinking Darkside at DisneyWorld:rolleyes1p

Last edited:

Count me in for Kessel Run in 2017. I just can't decide if I want to do the challenges or just the half. I'm doing my first challenge in Sept for Dumbo, but it looks like I have to decide before then. Ah, well ...

I think dates will open up in July. I remember it was after registration this year, and the date kept getting pushed back.

When you say the "date kept getting pushed back" do you mean the registration date or the hotel availability? I have June 14 as registration date. I'd like to ask to go into work late that day, but if the date is going to move, I'd rather not ask just yet.

When you say the "date kept getting pushed back" do you mean the registration date or the hotel availability? I have June 14 as registration date. I'd like to ask to go into work late that day, but if the date is going to move, I'd rather not ask just yet.

I meant for the hotel!

My family will be attempting to register for the light 10k in Jan 17. As a first timer, I have some questions. I'm local (live about 15-20 mins away), do people feel it's necessary to stay at a local hotel with the early start time? Also, I'm both a DVC and AP holder. I've heard the DVC early registration period is real slow (haven't heard about AP), should I do browsers on both sites? And finally is it necessary to have browser windows open for each member of our party separately? TIA

I meant for the hotel!
Great! Just wanted to make sure.

Another question. I know it's better to have each person register, but do you think that one person would be able to process more than one entry (assuming each person has their own Active account?) DH has that morning off, so I could just let him take care of it. But I'm nervous that the race could sell out before a second registration could be processed.

My family will be attempting to register for the light 10k in Jan 17. As a first timer, I have some questions. I'm local (live about 15-20 mins away), do people feel it's necessary to stay at a local hotel with the early start time?

I'm a local and I've always stayed in Anaheim if we had an early event (runDisney, D23 Expo). It's easier and feels more like a mini vacation. You can sleep-in a little more and you don't have far to go to rest/eat/shower...

Having said that, I'm a local and everyone else that I know that does the runDisney events drives in the morning of. It's totally doable, especially with your travel distance. The event guides give information on the street closures and how to get to the structure, so if you go that route you won't be alone.

One of my co-workers even drives in, does the 5K, then goes directly to work. :rotfl2: I tried going to work in January, it made for a long day.

My family will be attempting to register for the light 10k in Jan 17. As a first timer, I have some questions. I'm local (live about 15-20 mins away), do people feel it's necessary to stay at a local hotel with the early start time? Also, I'm both a DVC and AP holder. I've heard the DVC early registration period is real slow (haven't heard about AP), should I do browsers on both sites? And finally is it necessary to have browser windows open for each member of our party separately? TIA

I would caution you that traffic after the race maybe pretty bad, esp if you park in the structure. I think it was the disneyland half but i remember seeing tweets and posts on facebook that people were stuck in their car in the structure and took them two hours to just get out of structure.

We are local to and always stay at the hotels. We aren't great morning people to begin with, so the extra sleep in time helps a lot. Also, we do use it as little mini-vacations.

As for one person registering everyone, it can be done, but you do run the risk of races selling out while you're processing the first person. My boyfriend and I have always just each registered ourselves and have never had a problem. Disclaimer: we always are online right at 9 a.m.

Great! Just wanted to make sure.

Another question. I know it's better to have each person register, but do you think that one person would be able to process more than one entry (assuming each person has their own Active account?) DH has that morning off, so I could just let him take care of it. But I'm nervous that the race could sell out before a second registration could be processed.

It can be done but its never a guarantee. I do myself and DD during AP reg and I've gotten both every time. But I always have the comfort of knowing if I can't get both of us during AP reg, I can do the one I missed out on when regular reg opens. I'd say give it a try. If it doesn't work, contact one of the travel agents with bibs immediately and get your 2nd bib from them if need be.

Hi,

I scanned through the previous posts, so sorry if I missed this. Can I do the early registration for this race if I have an AP for Disney World? Or does it have to be a Disneyland AP? Thanks.

- Bob

Hi,

I scanned through the previous posts, so sorry if I missed this. Can I do the early registration for this race if I have an AP for Disney World? Or does it have to be a Disneyland AP? Thanks.

- Bob
Yes you can.

Hi,

- Bob
You can do early reg with your AP for Disney World.

I was looking at getting an AP to be able to try to sign up early, but it looks like the AP doesn't get activated before we go to the parks (which won't be before race sign-ups). Does anyone know if I can book during the AP period without an activated AP?

Thanks.

I was looking at getting an AP to be able to try to sign up early, but it looks like the AP doesn't get activated before we go to the parks (which won't be before race sign-ups). Does anyone know if I can book during the AP period without an activated AP?

Thanks.
No, you can't. It has to be activated. And getting an AP doesn't guarantee you a spot in early registration, just gives you an additional chance to sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter