Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Thanks! So I can, and probably should, get my HHN night tickets now....and then keep watchinng for the RIP tour to come out?

I didn't want to buy the HHN tickets only to find out that was included in the tour price.

Thanks again,
Jess

In order to do the hhn evening tours, you will need to buy the hhn park ticket
so might as well go with the bogo free tickets before that deal expires.

Each year the tours go on sale and usually mid June is when booking information is available

Day tour information will also be released

I usually buy the the day and evening tour at the same time.

Thanks! So I can, and probably should, get my HHN night tickets now....and then keep watchinng for the RIP tour to come out?

I didn't want to buy the HHN tickets only to find out that was included in the tour price.

Thanks again,
Jess

Past practice you need a separate HHN tix when booking public or private tour

Unusual BOGO tix offer out there, but who knows what mayhem they have up their collective sleeves as to admission media.

if you don’t plan on going for two nights, i’d sit pat. JMHO

Past practice you need a separate HHN tix when booking public or private tour

Unusual BOGO tix offer out there, but who knows what mayhem they have up their collective sleeves as to admission media.

if you don’t plan on going for two nights, i’d sit pat. JMHO

Now that we are probably going 3 nights, a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I am trying to decide if we should get the BOGO deal and buy a 3rd night ticket. Originally, we were only going Saturday & Sunday, so it didn't make sense. What does everyone think? I don't get the HHN tickets with our APs. Plus, those are usually for early on; we are going Columbus Day weekend. This is our first year, so I don't remember what ticket offers they had in the past. Thanks

Now that we are probably going 3 nights, a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I am trying to decide if we should get the BOGO deal and buy a 3rd night ticket. Originally, we were only going Saturday & Sunday, so it didn't make sense. What does everyone think? I don't get the HHN tickets with our APs. Plus, those are usually for early on; we are going Columbus Day weekend. This is our first year, so I don't remember what ticket offers they had in the past. Thanks

Yay 3 days! And sounds like you are very sure you're going.

I would buy the frequent fear...if that is the name, whichever one includes Saturdays. I think it is about the same cost as a 2 day ticket or a little less.

Yay 3 days! And sounds like you are very sure you're going.

I would buy the frequent fear...if that is the name, whichever one includes Saturdays. I think it is about the same cost as a 2 day ticket or a little less.

Yesterday was the last day of school, and DS had As and Bs on the website. Something weird would have to happen for them to be lower, but we technically haven't gotten his report card yet. They also just sent an email yesterday that appears to say he will get the Friday and Monday of Columbus Day weekend. It was sort of not exactly clear if Friday was being added or if Friday was replacing Monday:confused3 I guess I am just too used to precision and exactness. So, yes, we are pretty sure that we will be there all day Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, and then leave Monday night. I might buy airplane tickets this weekend.

Were there any limitations on the dates for the frequent fear? For some reason, I thought it was only valid for the first 3 weeks, but maybe that's the AP tickets.

Universal needs to stop with the HHN emails which give no info. I just got one that said 5 scare zones...then when I clicked on the link nothing new was mentioned.

Tired of their click bait stuff.

I know:rolleyes:

Not sure which way would be best for you soniam.

The deal that is out now for a limited time is the bogo free ticket.
Valid for any night of hhn except Saturday.
You could use it for Friday and Sunday hhn nights.

Saturday night tickets should be a tad higher than the other nights if they follow the same ticket price pattern of years past.

I am waiting for the Frequent Fear w/express to come out as I'm counting on 7 nights for hhn.
Last year it was in the $300 range for my price.
It is the expresss add on that makes that price higher.

Rush of Fear covers the first few weeks of the event in the past years.

A lot of us assume we will see the same pattern of the event passes for hhn.
Many locals do go with them

Not sure which way would be best for you soniam.

The deal that is out now for a limited time is the bogo free ticket.
Valid for any night of hhn except Saturday.
You could use it for Friday and Sunday hhn nights.

Saturday night tickets should be a tad higher than the other nights if they follow the same ticket price pattern of years past.

I am waiting for the Frequent Fear w/express to come out as I'm counting on 7 nights for hhn.
Last year it was in the $300 range for my price.
It is the expresss add on that makes that price higher.

Rush of Fear covers the first few weeks of the event in the past years.

A lot of us assume we will see the same pattern of the event passes for hhn.
Many locals do go with them

I was confusing the Frequent Fear and Rush of Fear. So much fear:) Anyway, I would want Express for 2 of the nights, because I think we will do a private RIP tour for one of the 3 nights. I'll go look for prices from last year to get an idea of what might be best. Thanks

Rush of Fear tickets are for the first few weeks of HHN and are usually good until the end of September.

soniam, if you booked a public vip hhn tour, you will see all the houses and scare zones.
You do need the hhn ticket to enter the park

If you go that route, then do the other two nights and you could buy the ep for them.
But in the past, they are not cheap but a real time saver if you only have one or two nights for hhn.

Ok, so it looks like I am down to 6 days or so to figure out if I want to take advantage of the BOGO...and i am so unsure on what to do...my wife and i will be there in October on a Wed, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night (departing on Sunday). Trying to figure out best bang for my buck...and since I have no clue what the FF pass costs (or entails) I am kind of at a loss. Does Universal give ANY kind of break if you already purchased theme park tickets for the day if you don't have HHH tix yet? Or, do i go with this BOGO to take advantage of my wed. and Thursday night there...and pay whatever Universal throws at me for Friday night and Saturday night HHH....uuugghhh frustrating. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin

The studios is the park hhn is held

On dates hhn happens, the studios closes at 5Pm

If you have P2P tickets, switch other to Island of Adventure as they will be open

I would have to look at the uo calendar to see IOA park hours for your dates

Large props used during hhn are covered during the day time
Nothing to scare your kids while in the park that Friday or any day

Hhn is a separate ticket
Just now saw your reply, thank you! We will have p2p tickets, will check the calendar for times.

Ok, so it looks like I am down to 6 days or so to figure out if I want to take advantage of the BOGO...and i am so unsure on what to do...my wife and i will be there in October on a Wed, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night (departing on Sunday). Trying to figure out best bang for my buck...and since I have no clue what the FF pass costs (or entails) I am kind of at a loss. Does Universal give ANY kind of break if you already purchased theme park tickets for the day if you don't have HHH tix yet? Or, do i go with this BOGO to take advantage of my wed. and Thursday night there...and pay whatever Universal throws at me for Friday night and Saturday night HHH....uuugghhh frustrating. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin
What dates in October for hhn?

soniam, if you booked a public vip hhn tour, you will see all the houses and scare zones.
You do need the hhn ticket to enter the park

If you go that route, then do the other two nights and you could buy the ep for them.
But in the past, they are not cheap but a real time saver if you only have one or two nights for hhn.

I knew we had to have tickets for every night, no matter if we do a tour or EP. I think we want to try to do a private RIP tour, so I might be talking with you at some point about that;) If we can't tag along on someone else's private tour, then I will probably book one and invite others from the board. I plan to get EP for the other 2 nights. I don't think my son could handle waiting that long or staying up until the very end every night to get into the houses, especially since I think he's going to want to hit the parks at rope drop too:sad2: Also, we always have EP for normal park days, so we have developed a bad habit. I know the EP is pretty expensive. However, if I don't spend it on this, then I don't know what the heck I work so hard for:rotfl2:

Since prices for express passes, day tours(Unmask the horror), public and private hhn rip tours have not been released, we don't know the prices yet.
In past years Saturday private rip tours were the most costly, followed by Fridays.
Weekday private rip tours were at a lower price.

The private tours are for the entire evening until the park closes.
Public tours can be about 3.5 hours long.

All those on the rip tours will see each house once and go through all the scarezones.
Bill and Ted show has bit the dust so no idea if anything will replace it on the tours.

Private tours are booked by one person and can work with the tour guide that night on how they want to do the event.

Public tours are done by what the vip tours guide decides.

I enjoy doing the hhn tours.
It is a great way to be able to do all the houses without long lines to stand in.
And you will see every
house and scare zone even if the park is packed with crowds.

I know the EP is pretty expensive. However, if I don't spend it on this, then I don't know what the heck I work so hard for:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 Vacations are what get me through many (most) work days!!

We love the RIP tours! We did a public one two years ago and a private one last year. Definitely the way to go!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter