"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I just posted a list of what I would like to accomplish over on the itineraries thread (is that what it's called? The thread that is under doing the happy dance subfolder in TPAS). I don't know if that was appropriate or not? I am just looking for advice on what order to try to do things, and if I have a reasonable list or if it is too ambitious. If anyone has any spare time :laughing: I would appreciate if you took a look and gave your advice :-). I can't get so specific as what minutes we'll do things, I'm thinking more of what order to do things, and how to fit them in best around the parade, fireworks, and hocus pocus as well as which of those times would work best.

Apologies if this has been covered -- I looked, but the thread is long (as you all know).

How can I transfer a MNSSHP ticket? One of our group needs to cancel trip. I have the printed bar code from WDW as proof of purchase (I assume there are not hard cards anymore...I did not get any), and I had already linked party ticket to the person who no longer can attend -- she is on my MDE friends/family list. TIA!!

Quick question.... we are planning on just using the hard party tickets for entry on the 25th. My in laws aren't set up on MDE and won't have Magic Bands. I purchased the tickets through my MDE with my credit card (so technically one of my old Magic Bands would work, but don't feel like explaining the mess that is MDE to them).

So can we literally just walk up to the gate and scan our hard party tickets (the ones you get in the mail) at the touch points? Or do I have to do something special beforehand?

Seems obvious, but I've only used Magic Bands for party entry since Magic Bands were introduced.

Quick question.... we are planning on just using the hard party tickets for entry on the 25th. My in laws aren't set up on MDE and won't have Magic Bands. I purchased the tickets through my MDE with my credit card (so technically one of my old Magic Bands would work, but don't feel like explaining the mess that is MDE to them).

So can we literally just walk up to the gate and scan our hard party tickets (the ones you get in the mail) at the touch points? Or do I have to do something special beforehand?

Seems obvious, but I've only used Magic Bands for party entry since Magic Bands were introduced.

Given what you describe, just need the hard cards in your circumstance. Nothing more to do. :-)

I went last night (Tuesday) for the first time and it was really fun. I’m staggered at how much there was to do though - we missed both parades and all the Hocus Pocus shows, as my sister was focused on rides (which were very low). However, our expectations were low so we still loved it.

We saw the fireworks from the bridge next to Tom Sawyer’s Island, beside Big Thunder. Someone on here, @Best Aunt maybe, suggested somewhere in this area and I would definitely go there again. The lower fireworks at the side of the castle were obscured a bit by trees, but we had a stunning view of the high ones, and it was a fantastic experience.

We met the Pooh characters. I think I knew but forgot this, but they shut the queue early, about 11pm, sometimes earlier, because the Pooh characters leave exactly at midnight. So at 11:12pm, the queue was already closed and I nearly cried, but a CM came up to me as we were leaving and said that they were operating a stand-by queue. I could join it, and there was no guarantee that I would meet the characters, but if they got through everyone in the queue before midnight then I could get in. So I waited and sent my family off to do rides, and we got to see them at 11:45pm. I had the most amazing experience with Tigger (I was dressed up as Tigger) and it was the perfect end to the night.

We mostly managed to avoid the crowds, but we also didn’t wait in a line of more than 10 mins, except for Tigger. We got a couple of party photos but that wasn’t really a priority for us.

Does anyone with more experience know how busy the party was last night? I didn’t think it was awful, so I want to know whether it was a quiet night. My husband isn’t good in crowds and he struggled, so if it was a light night then we may try to return our tickets for Halloween night.

I went last night (Tuesday) for the first time and it was really fun. I’m staggered at how much there was to do though - we missed both parades and all the Hocus Pocus shows, as my sister was focused on rides (which were very low). However, our expectations were low so we still loved it.

We saw the fireworks from the bridge next to Tom Sawyer’s Island, beside Big Thunder. Someone on here, @Best Aunt maybe, suggested somewhere in this area and I would definitely go there again. The lower fireworks at the side of the castle were obscured a bit by trees, but we had a stunning view of the high ones, and it was a fantastic experience.

We met the Pooh characters. I think I knew but forgot this, but they shut the queue early, about 11pm, sometimes earlier, because the Pooh characters leave exactly at midnight. So at 11:12pm, the queue was already closed and I nearly cried, but a CM came up to me as we were leaving and said that they were operating a stand-by queue. I could join it, and there was no guarantee that I would meet the characters, but if they got through everyone in the queue before midnight then I could get in. So I waited and sent my family off to do rides, and we got to see them at 11:45pm. I had the most amazing experience with Tigger (I was dressed up as Tigger) and it was the perfect end to the night.

We mostly managed to avoid the crowds, but we also didn’t wait in a line of more than 10 mins, except for Tigger. We got a couple of party photos but that wasn’t really a priority for us.

Does anyone with more experience know how busy the party was last night? I didn’t think it was awful, so I want to know whether it was a quiet night. My husband isn’t good in crowds and he struggled, so if it was a light night then we may try to return our tickets for Halloween night.
I’m so happy to hear you had a great experience. We’ve been twice in the past and just simply adore it and have tickets for oct 30th. I know it’s going to be nuts but I feel like if I keep my expectations reigned in we will have an amazing time.

yes, that is what my daughter and I did, back in early September, as we bought Military tickets and those can only be bought day of, so we just scanned the hard ticket and in we went.

I don't know if you realize this, but the tickets are non-refundable. Halloween is sold out so you may can transfer them to other people but you cant get your money back from Disney

I don't know if you realize this, but the tickets are non-refundable. Halloween is sold out so you may can transfer them to other people but you cant get your money back from Disney

I do, unfortunately. I can still ask, but you’re right that I worded it poorly - I should have said “dispose of the tickets” rather than “return them”.

We went last night to the party and it was great. It didn't seem very crowded to us. We might have missed a lot also but that was ok to us. Here is a list of what we did:

Laugh Factory
Mine Coaster - FP+
Mickey 3D show
Haunted Mansion - FP+
Dinner at Liberty Tree - 5:45
After Dinner it was 6:45 so perfect timing for the start of the party
Treat Station - Laugh Factory - Empty
Treat Station - CoP - Packed
Queen of Hearts and Tweedles - 30 Min wait
Goofy - 10 min wait
Treat Station - medium wait
Treat Station - Pinocchio - Little Wait
Treat Station - Mickey 3D Show - Long Que area
Treat Station - Restaurant - long que
Magic Shots at Haunted Mansion - no wait
Found a spot for parade in Frontier Land. Sat on a bench next to the DVC Kiosk and stood on the bench when it started. - 8:45
After parade went and got more magic shots at Haunted Mansion area - no wait
Slow walked back to Tomorrowland and to front of Castle by 10:05 and got a spot right in front of castle.
Amazing Firework show
People Mover - no wait
Treat Station - CoP - no wait
Space Mountain - said 25 wait - on in 10
Tea Cups - 5 min wait
hit a couple more treat stations where they filled our bags to the rim with no wait
Hocus Pocus show - midnight.

We had a lot of fun and even considered buying tickets to Fridays but I have gotten sick now and was not able to do much at the parks today because of it.

We'll be at that party, too! You might see us!
My sister and her family along with my step mom will be away the Oct 25th party too...... wow, that's a lot of Disers! My sister's clan will be 7 people and she will be ining up for J&S first thing.

Apologies if this has been covered -- I looked, but the thread is long (as you all know).

How can I transfer a MNSSHP ticket? One of our group needs to cancel trip. I have the printed bar code from WDW as proof of purchase (I assume there are not hard cards anymore...I did not get any), and I had already linked party ticket to the person who no longer can attend -- she is on my MDE friends/family list. TIA!!
I didn't realize you couldn't reassign a party ticket. I've never tried, though.

Glad to see someone enjoyed a Tuesday night party. All these threads about having horrible crowd experiences at the parties this year has had me second guessing our party next Tuesday. We went last year and the year before, Always on a Tuesday. We never felt it was over crowded or anything other than the norm, But we also don’t meet characters or ride more than 3 or 4 rides. We always watch fireworks from Gaston’s and watch the second parade from Frontierland.

I expect this party to be crowded as it is close to Halloween but it is what it is. We didn’t think we would even get to go to a party this year so we will make the most of it.

My sister and her family along with my step mom will be away the Oct 25th party too...... wow, that's a lot of Disers! My sister's clan will be 7 people and she will be ining up for J&S first thing.

I didn't realize you couldn't reassign a party ticket. I've never tried, though.
We are joining @Dean1953 in jack and Sally’s line so they may see us. Looks like a lot of people going to that party! I’m seeing rain for both our parties so I hope that changes. I’m not sure what we do if we booked the dessert party and it rains.

Glad to see someone enjoyed a Tuesday night party. All these threads about having horrible crowd experiences at the parties this year has had me second guessing our party next Tuesday. We went last year and the year before, Always on a Tuesday. We never felt it was over crowded or anything other than the norm, But we also don’t meet characters or ride more than 3 or 4 rides. We always watch fireworks from Gaston’s and watch the second parade from Frontierland.

I expect this party to be crowded as it is close to Halloween but it is what it is. We didn’t think we would even get to go to a party this year so we will make the most of it.
We’ll be right there with you lol.

For the 25th accuweather is showing heavy downpours for the evening with .74 inch of rain then overnight another .33 inch. Hopefully that changes but we’ll be packing rain gear just in case.

For the 25th accuweather is showing heavy downpours for the evening with .74 inch of rain then overnight another .33 inch. Hopefully that changes but we’ll be packing rain gear just in case.

Pack for any eventuality, but a forecast 8 days away is completely worthless. Especially one predicting rain to hundredths of an inch.

Yeah we have the dessert party so I’m really hoping it doesn’t rain. It would be such a waste of money. I’ll wait until it gets closer before I panic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter