"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How busy are Sunday parties typically? Does it really make a difference if it’s a sold out party? Just don’t know how crazy crowds we should expect. We’re looking at the Dec 16th date.

Just don’t know how crazy crowds we should expect.

We've never been to a party, but are considering taking the kids this year for the first time. One of my biggest concerns is paying special admission for 7, only to be fighting crowds. One estimate I have found in searching is that Disney supposedly caps attendance at around 35,000, so no one day should be that much different than another. The parties seem to be very popular and many sell out, so I would expect them all to be close to that number.

How busy are Sunday parties typically? Does it really make a difference if it’s a sold out party? Just don’t know how crazy crowds we should expect. We’re looking at the Dec 16th date.

IMO sold out is sold out and doesn't matter much what day. What does change is the shift in focus from party to party. Some don't have the same attention to characters as others. Some more on the parade than others. And then there's the odd night where the rides have a bit longer wait.

Maybe this has been asked before, but do they offer rider switch during the party, and if so, how does it work since the FP+ lines don't work? My kids always want to ride Tomorrowland Speedway, but my daughter is 7 but isn't tall enough to ride by herself. Since they both want to "drive", our party of 5 will need to do some serious switching to make it work (1 adult rides with one kid, while the other adult stays with 2 kids). I feel like this is the only ride that would pose a problem.

Hi! Our only options for MVMCP would be the first night Thurs 11/8 or Fri 11/9. Do you think these dates will sell out? If so, how close to the dates would they sell out? And which night would you suggest? Thank you!

See Page 1, Post #3 for sold out parties and dates party sold out on. 1st party will sell out, bloggers, media, etc.

Just booked December 21st MVMCP tickets. I know it will be busy, but it was the only day we could do it on our quick trip. Just planning to enjoy what we can during the party! I haven't been to it since the early 00s and I think it was one of the first years they had it. Crowds were a lot less at that time. Anyone been on the final few nights?
We went to the last party in 2017 and the second to last party in 2016. Both were totally manageable with a good plan!! See you there on the 21st!

Can a military spouse purchase the discounted party tickets? Or does it have to be the military member? For the salute tickets it's member or spouse, but I have never purchased the military discount party tickets before. Hubby may or may not join us, so I need to know if I (his spouse) can purchase with my ID.

Also, since these tickets must be purchased in person what happens if the party is sold out? Are military families just out of luck?

Can a military spouse purchase the discounted party tickets? Or does it have to be the military member? For the salute tickets it's member or spouse, but I have never purchased the military discount party tickets before. Hubby may or may not join us, so I need to know if I (his spouse) can purchase with my ID.

Also, since these tickets must be purchased in person what happens if the party is sold out? Are military families just out of luck?

A mil spouse can most definitely purchase the discounted party tickets. All you have to do is show ID. In the past they would sell you the ticket regardless if it was sold out for the military dates. I'm not sure if that's the case this year or not. They stopped advertising that fact, but last I heard they did still offer this.

A mil spouse can most definitely purchase the discounted party tickets. All you have to do is show ID. In the past they would sell you the ticket regardless if it was sold out for the military dates. I'm not sure if that's the case this year or not. They stopped advertising that fact, but last I heard they did still offer this.

Thanks! I was pretty sure it would be OK for me to purchase without him, since they allow it for the very strictly enforced salute tickets. Just wanted to make sure.

I also read in the past that military could still purchase tickets to a sold out party, but have not seen that mentioned this year, so I was wondering if it's something they planned to do away with. I don't see how they could not allow it since it has to be purchased in person. We are looking at an early November party, with military discount so hopefully that won't be a sold out night. Thanks again!

I don't see how they could not allow it since it has to be purchased in person.

To me this totally makes sense and I understand why in the past they have allowed military members to purchase for these parties at a discount at the gate regardless of sold out status. I would venture to guess that they would continue to do this considering the circumstances, but I'm not Disney so I guess there are never any guarantees! LOL!

I was concerned about this also as a military family. You can actually order tickets now and have them fedexed to you for an additional $10 shipping fee through Shades of Green. I am a planner so paying the additional $10 was worth it to me for a peace of mind.

You should be able to do this no problem. I don't know of any Disney ticket that doesn't allow reentry. They do the biometrics as you enter. Just check before leaving if by some odd chance you need something else to return. And do carry ID.

I attended Disney After Hours on Monday and had no problem leaving and re-entering. I just tapped my band again. CM said it was no problem. I assume it would be the same for a party.

Has anyone already booked the fireworks dessert parties on MVMCP nights? I was looking into it and both dates that the party is offered during our short trip show that neither of the dessert parties are available. Have they not yet released bookings? Or are they all already sold out?

Thanks! Looks like we will be able to catch Jingle Bell Jingle Bam while we are there (nov 8). We do have fantasmic dining right now but we have already seen that. So if i had to choose (i assume i will) JBJB for sure!
When does JBJB go on sale usually?

Has anyone already booked the fireworks dessert parties on MVMCP nights? I was looking into it and both dates that the party is offered during our short trip show that neither of the dessert parties are available. Have they not yet released bookings? Or are they all already sold out?

I booked my dessert party for the MVMCP on November 9th, but that was weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter