"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve done 5/6pm dining reservations for previous parties. At 4:50 you’d be finished before the party officially starts at 7pm. If you were wanting to get in line early for major characters, then you may want to make it earlier.
I'm considering using the party to mainly get the characters that I can't see any other time. I've never done the party and it's just me, so the possibilities are endless. :)

We got our tickets for the party on December 9th! I'm really excited, I've never done a party at the MK before. It's just me and the husband and we are going to ride EVERYTHING! I'm not a parade person, I generally use them as an opportunity to go on rides with shorter lines since everyone is watching the parade. But maybe I will give this one a chance since they make it "snow" on Main St. I am looking forward to getting chocolate wasted on all the cocoa and snacks, too!

Question to those who have done the party before. Is a 4:50 dining reservation at the plaza a good idea? Should I try to get an early time. We want to eat before the party so we won't be wasting any party time. Thanks!

Depends. I typically have a 2:30-2:45 ADR to be done by 4. IF attending 2 parties, I'll have a 4pm ADR @ BoG. Characters are very important for us. Sandy Claws, 7 Drawfs, Moana, etc. I prefer to line up early & be 1st or in 1st group/set. If characters, especially those that will meet before the official 7pm start time, are important, then that's too late. If characters are not important, just rides, parades, fireworks, then you are fine with that ADR time. Plenty of treats (free) to keep you satisfied through the night.

Characters are very important for us. Sandy Claws, 7 Drawfs, Moana, etc. I prefer to line up early & be 1st or in 1st group/set. If characters, especially those that will meet before the official 7pm start time, are important, then that's too late. .

Are sandy claws, moana and 7 dwarves the only ones that usually come out early? If you wanted to meet them all what would your plan be?

Are sandy claws, moana and 7 dwarves the only ones that usually come out early? If you wanted to meet them all what would your plan be?

I believe Nick & Judy came out early last year too.

See the 2017 MVMCP Thread. I posted the plans for one of the parties I attended last year. It's on the last page of the 2017 thread. Links are on Page 1.

I was in line for Moana 1st one night. I met Sandy Claws after 2nd parade. Moana & Sandy Claws have great interaction so moves slower. 7D line is long but no real interaction so keeps moving for the most part.

I believe Nick & Judy came out early last year too.

See the 2017 MVMCP Thread. I posted the plans for one of the parties I attended last year. It's on the last page of the 2017 thread. Links are on Page 1.

I was in line for Moana 1st one night. I met Sandy Claws after 2nd parade. Moana & Sandy Claws have great interaction so moves slower. 7D line is long but no real interaction so keeps moving for the most part.
I think I read that the dwarves don’t do autographs, is that right? It’d be awesome but take soooo long with seven.

We got our tickets for the party on December 9th! I'm really excited, I've never done a party at the MK before. It's just me and the husband and we are going to ride EVERYTHING! I'm not a parade person, I generally use them as an opportunity to go on rides with shorter lines since everyone is watching the parade. But maybe I will give this one a chance since they make it "snow" on Main St. I am looking forward to getting chocolate wasted on all the cocoa and snacks, too!
If riding rides is your main goal, I would suggest doing Disney After Hours on 12/10 instead.

Does anyone know if any of the shows besides the parade and fireworks happen during the week of Christmas? We are doing one of the last parties and my husband arrives after the last one. So we are doing MK during Christmas (when there are no more parties) and if some of the shows are available like the Tomorrow land ones it would save a bit of party time because we would wait to watch it with my husband.

Does anyone know if any of the shows besides the parade and fireworks happen during the week of Christmas? We are doing one of the last parties and my husband arrives after the last one. So we are doing MK during Christmas (when there are no more parties) and if some of the shows are available like the Tomorrow land ones it would save a bit of party time because we would wait to watch it with my husband.
The Frozen Holiday Wish will but thats about it.

Post #1 lists what's exclusive to MVMCP. You will need to read through all of Post #1. Holiday Wishes is exclusive to MVMCP. MVMCP Parade will be in the park (day time vs night time for party) after the last MVMCP.

Post #1 lists what's exclusive to MVMCP. You will need to read through all of Post #1. Holiday Wishes is exclusive to MVMCP. MVMCP Parade will be in the park (day time vs night time for party) after the last MVMCP.
WDW site has the Holiday wishes showing all of Christmas week this year. So I wasn't sure if post #1 didn't include other information as well. Thanks for responding though.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been asked-
How soon will the “program” or schedule for the party this year be released? We’re going on the 12th and I don’t want to wait till that day to see what times and where characters will be available etc.
do we just wait till the first party then someone leaks the schedule to the public?

Do the lines for the meet and greets really get that ridiculous? We're going Sunday, 12/2 and the only one we really care about is Jack Skellington. Can we find time to meet him, and see the parade and fireworks without scrambling? We haven't been before so a good spot for the parade and fireworks is important to us.
Speaking of which, what are some recommendations for good viewing? I was looking at the dessert party but it seems like it would use up a ton of precious time and I like to eat enough to feel like I got my monies worth lol

Sorry if this has already been asked-
How soon will the “program” or schedule for the party this year be released? We’re going on the 12th and I don’t want to wait till that day to see what times and where characters will be available etc.
do we just wait till the first party then someone leaks the schedule to the public?

Unfortunately not until the day of or before.

The characters usually are leaked a day or two early.

WDW site has the Holiday wishes showing all of Christmas week this year. So I wasn't sure if post #1 didn't include other information as well. Thanks for responding though.
Last year HEA returned after the parties ended. Hopefully Holiday Wishes will stick around this year, and this is not a typo on Disney’s part, but just wanted to make you aware.

Last year HEA returned after the parties ended. Hopefully Holiday Wishes will stick around this year, and this is not a typo on Disney’s part, but just wanted to make you aware.
I actually am hoping it is a typo... lol We have the dessert party and we left the day before HEA started last time. Would love to see it.

Do the lines for the meet and greets really get that ridiculous? We're going Sunday, 12/2 and the only one we really care about is Jack Skellington. Can we find time to meet him, and see the parade and fireworks without scrambling? We haven't been before so a good spot for the parade and fireworks is important to us.
Speaking of which, what are some recommendations for good viewing? I was looking at the dessert party but it seems like it would use up a ton of precious time and I like to eat enough to feel like I got my monies worth lol
I'm going that day as well. My only m&g is the dwarves. I want to take in all the party stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter