"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you see the dwarves without standing in line? Like if we don't want a photo opp -- can we see them well?

Some characters at MK are out in the open (fairy godmother, peter pan, Gaston) and easy to see.
Some you need to stand in line for like Ariel.

Just wondering as I would like to see them but I don't know that I *need* to have my picture taken with them.

Question- I keep reading that party goers are usually let into the park at 4pm with their party tickets.
Do you think we would be allowed in for an ADR At 3:40? We won’t have regular tickets for that day- just party tickets. Or do the ADRs need to be for 4pm and later ?

Can you see the dwarves without standing in line? Like if we don't want a photo opp -- can we see them well?

Some characters at MK are out in the open (fairy godmother, peter pan, Gaston) and easy to see.
Some you need to stand in line for like Ariel.

Just wondering as I would like to see them but I don't know that I *need* to have my picture taken with them.

At the Halloween party you can see them well without waiting in line. But I'm not sure about the Christmas Party. I would assume it is similar. :confused3

Question- I keep reading that party goers are usually let into the park at 4pm with their party tickets.
Do you think we would be allowed in for an ADR At 3:40? We won’t have regular tickets for that day- just party tickets. Or do the ADRs need to be for 4pm and later ?
Unfortunately no. You’d need a day ticket to enter before 4.

ETA: unless you are DVC. DVC members are being allowed into MNSSHP at 2 pm with only a party ticket, and there’s hope this will continue into MVMCP.

hi all! If your character priorites are: Sandy Claws, the princes with the princesses, and Genie - how would you structure your time?

FYI: We have a PH ticket that day and will arrive at MK by 3pm for a 3:35pm dinner at CP. We plan to take in the holiday offerings and the characters without worrying too much about rides. Just looking for opinions for those characters.
Thanks!

hi all! If your character priorites are: Sandy Claws, the princes with the princesses, and Genie - how would you structure your time?

FYI: We have a PH ticket that day and will arrive at MK by 3pm for a 3:35pm dinner at CP. We plan to take in the holiday offerings and the characters without worrying too much about rides. Just looking for opinions for those characters.
Thanks!
If Sandy Claws is like Jack and Sally, then you need to be in line for him at 4 or earlier. You may need to change that reservation

If Sandy Claws is like Jack and Sally, then you need to be in line for him at 4 or earlier. You may need to change that reservation

I've always met Sandy Claws, after 2nd parade, at the end of the night and 7D beginning of the night. For MNSSHP, Jack & Sally beginning and 7D at the end.

Thanks!

We ate at BoG last year at 4pm, took photos with the Beast made it to our FP+ for 7DMT just in time & then got in line for Aurora & Snow White with Princes, maybe 10 back, they do not meet until 7pm. Keep in mind there are additional meets inside PFH with Princesses & Princes, so not sure which you are referring to or both. Rapunzel & Flynn meet with Tiana & Naveen while Cinderella & Prince Charming meet with Elena. So that would be 3 different lines if wanting to meet all of the princesses and princes which is doable. Sandy Claws is doable after 2nd parade. Not sure about Genie, line typically stays long.

Was reading this article on HEA firework viewing spots: http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...viewing-spots-in-the-magic-kingdom-with-kids/

And would appreciate previous MVMCP attendee's perspectives on best/worst viewing spots of the fireworks and parade at the party? Also any insight on how long before the fireworks (and parade) you need to be claiming a spot?

We are likely going to want to be watching the Frozen Holiday Wish and the Mickey/character show on the main stage in front of the castle too.

We still aren't sure about timing, as it's our first MVMCP and our only Disney park day this trip. We do definitely want to see the parade and fireworks, though. Meet and Greets aren't on our list of thing we'll be trying to do at all.

We'd also be interested to know if we'll be messing ourselves up for getting a decent fireworks (and projection) view if we watch the parade over at its start in Frontierland area? What would we be walking into if we watched the first parade over there and then walked over for the fireworks? Or what about the opposite way -- watched the fireworks and then walked over to see the second parade in Frontierland?

We aren't really clear how much movement there is by the crowds during this event. We know that a lot of the main show-y type events are on the Main Street. But there are gaps between them and stuff (other shows, rides, treats, Meet and Greets) spread all over the rest of the parks. So is the crowd kind of constantly coming and going from Main Street? Opening up and clearing out? Or is it pretty consistent with some families staying out a spot or claiming a curb and just staying there? (Something we are contemplating doing so we have a good spot to see things but also seems like a waste to be there from 7 or 8 pm on for the rest of the night).

We are looking at maps but we also aren't super familiar with where the ropes go up and CM push you back and ask you to clear the area. So we're a little concerned about staking a place only to be told we need to move.

Any perspective if seeing the projections are a "MUST" or if we'd likely be just as happy hearing the music and seeing the fireworks from another location in the park that might not be as crowded?

Was reading this article on HEA firework viewing spots: http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...viewing-spots-in-the-magic-kingdom-with-kids/

And would appreciate previous MVMCP attendee's perspectives on best/worst viewing spots of the fireworks and parade at the party? Also any insight on how long before the fireworks (and parade) you need to be claiming a spot?

We are likely going to want to be watching the Frozen Holiday Wish and the Mickey/character show on the main stage in front of the castle too.

We still aren't sure about timing, as it's our first MVMCP and our only Disney park day this trip. We do definitely want to see the parade and fireworks, though. Meet and Greets aren't on our list of thing we'll be trying to do at all.

We'd also be interested to know if we'll be messing ourselves up for getting a decent fireworks (and projection) view if we watch the parade over at its start in Frontierland area? What would we be walking into if we watched the first parade over there and then walked over for the fireworks? Or what about the opposite way -- watched the fireworks and then walked over to see the second parade in Frontierland?

We aren't really clear how much movement there is by the crowds during this event. We know that a lot of the main show-y type events are on the Main Street. But there are gaps between them and stuff (other shows, rides, treats, Meet and Greets) spread all over the rest of the parks. So is the crowd kind of constantly coming and going from Main Street? Opening up and clearing out? Or is it pretty consistent with some families staying out a spot or claiming a curb and just staying there? (Something we are contemplating doing so we have a good spot to see things but also seems like a waste to be there from 7 or 8 pm on for the rest of the night).

We are looking at maps but we also aren't super familiar with where the ropes go up and CM push you back and ask you to clear the area. So we're a little concerned about staking a place only to be told we need to move.

Any perspective if seeing the projections are a "MUST" or if we'd likely be just as happy hearing the music and seeing the fireworks from another location in the park that might not be as crowded?

Hopefully others will reply too. For Frozen Holiday Wish & Mickey's Merriest Show you definitely want to be in front of the Castle/stage. The last show is good to catch and not as crowded. If characters are not your thing that's fine, but you didn't mention rides. If focus is on parade, fireworks, and stage show, then I recommend Main Street for 1st parade followed by fireworks. It snows on Main Street and it's a pre-parade show that only on Main Street, and you can still see Castle projections.

you didn't mention rides
Thanks @monique5

Seeing the parade and the Frozen Wish with the castle lighting up are our main priorities. The fireworks we definitely want to see -- we are still weighing how important it is to us to see the projections (for me it's important, for other members of the family -- not so much). I think seeing Mickey's Merriest stage show would be fun as well. And, general, our priorities are just the parade, the lights and the decorations.

In terms of rides, we're hoping to get on a few but aren't planning to try to command and conquer. The Christmas decorations, lights and entertainment are the priority and reason for the trip.

We do plan to enter right at 4 p.m. And the rides we hope to hit while in the park are: Jungle/Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. If we happen to see a low wait time we may try for 7DMT too. There are other rides we would like to go on -- but those four are what has been picked (right now) as the priority for each party member. We will try to FP+ some of it if we can when we get into our window, if that works for us with just the party ticket for the 4-6 p.m. timeframe.

It is being stressed to everyone that the priority is the Christmas events (which may very well be a one-time ever event for us) -- it is not a ride park-day this trip.

Silly question: Do adults get in line for Santa Clause? Thought it would be fun since I haven't done that in way more years than I need to let on LOL
Yes they do!! Tim Tracker actually did a vlog with him meeting Santa Solo. It was fun. But I have watched a lot of different videos with adult only groups meeting Santa. Especially in Epcot.

Thanks @monique5

Seeing the parade and the Frozen Wish with the castle lighting up are our main priorities. The fireworks we definitely want to see -- we are still weighing how important it is to us to see the projections (for me it's important, for other members of the family -- not so much). I think seeing Mickey's Merriest stage show would be fun as well. And, general, our priorities are just the parade, the lights and the decorations.

In terms of rides, we're hoping to get on a few but aren't planning to try to command and conquer. The Christmas decorations, lights and entertainment are the priority and reason for the trip.

We do plan to enter right at 4 p.m. And the rides we hope to hit while in the park are: Jungle/Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. If we happen to see a low wait time we may try for 7DMT too. There are other rides we would like to go on -- but those four are what has been picked (right now) as the priority for each party member. We will try to FP+ some of it if we can when we get into our window, if that works for us with just the party ticket for the 4-6 p.m. timeframe.

It is being stressed to everyone that the priority is the Christmas events (which may very well be a one-time ever event for us) -- it is not a ride park-day this trip.
The projections are minimal during Holiday Wishes (nothing like HEA) but I still prefer to see them from the front of the castle. It’s not “necessary” though. The garden in front of Casey’s is my favorite spot and doesn’t get overly crowded. You can likely find a spot 30-40 minutes out with ease.

ETA: I'd recommend Jingle Cruise as one of your 4-6 FPs as it’s harder to see all the holiday decorations on the ride once it gets dark.

Yes they do!! Tim Tracker actually did a vlog with him meeting Santa Solo. It was fun. But I have watched a lot of different videos with adult only groups meeting Santa. Especially in Epcot.
Santa is in EPCOT too? Where?

Did you find you waited a long time to see the characters? I'm worried we'll spend the entire time waiting in one or two character line ups and miss everything else. We will most likely be going on December 20th if that helps. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter