"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had planned on it being a sell out, but all of the reviews for this year’s Halloween parties have me thinking that maybe Disney has increased the amount of tickets that they are selling and that is what is making me apprehensive. It’s not our first party, but will be the first party we have attended that will be crowded (presumably). We already bought our tickets so we will for sure be going, but I’m just a little worried about my inability to ignore that I paid a premium for large crowds. This is one of those times I regret reading all of these threads and watching vlogs. I probably wouldn’t have even noticed the difference in crowds if I didn’t already know otherwise.

Thanks for all of your hard work keeping up with this thread!!

The 1st party, MNSSHP & MVMCP, typically are sold out parties. Media, bloggers, vloggers, etc. 1st parties are hard too because you don’t have any info. As the years go by, less info is being released in advance. You can look @ MNSSHP for some common trends & characters, i.e., Moana. OP post the feel of 1st party is over crowded, personal opinions though.

With our travel schedule, school age child, we would never be at the 1st party for either. With that being said, if you have a plan, are willing to be flexible with your plans, and understand that the HUB and Main St. will be the most crowded, but manageable, you’ll have a great time.

You can look at the last page of the Official 2017 MVMCP thread, link on page 1, Post 2. I posted my plans for one of the parties I attended last year. Another recommendation, especially since attending 1st party, subscribe to KtP’s CL, he provides Touring Plans for MVMCP, one is for attending with young children; you can also make changes to those plans. He also does customized plans for a fee.

Happy Planning!:santa:

I will be solo on Dec 1. Only M&G I want is the Dwarves. Want to enjoy all the other party stuff

@monique5 - Thank you so much for the comprehensive information you've been keeping up to date! Any time I've done a search for information, this page comes up high in the results. I know it's reliable, so I don't need to bother with the search anymore - just bookmark the page. :)

After listening to this week's podcast and pete's reports on two mnsshp with overcrowded conditions, I am concerned now about going 11/8 first night. It's the only date I'm available, can't change it based on reviews. I have been to one last year. Will this also be overcrowded to the point of great buyer's remorse?!
I’m thinking of going on Veterans Day for the entertainment and shopping. I went last year but it will be my grandma’s first time. I’m wondering if I should pick a different date, but I’m assuming the first couple will be just as or more crowded and those would be the ones we could do. Hmmm...

Is fighting the crowds for a spot on Main Street and close to the castle for fireworks worth it? I did it last year but felt I wasted most of the party just doing the castle show/1st parade/fireworks. I enjoyed it but am wondering if Frontierland is that different of an experience? There was also rain forecasted so I was worried about missing my first time seeing the parade for rain. We didn’t meet many characters and didn’t ride many rides. I will be reading the boards after the first party way more this year and hope to come up with a better plan to make the crowds bearable! I only really looked at pictures last year since my trip had already started before the first party :/

@monique5 - Thank you so much for the comprehensive information you've been keeping up to date! Any time I've done a search for information, this page comes up high in the results. I know it's reliable, so I don't need to bother with the search anymore - just bookmark the page. :)

@Aerin75 - You're welcome! pixiedust: Sweet!
Holidays at Disney are my favorite! This thread helps me too, and I love that it's helpful to others.:santa:

I’m thinking of going on Veterans Day for the entertainment and shopping. I went last year but it will be my grandma’s first time. I’m wondering if I should pick a different date, but I’m assuming the first couple will be just as or more crowded and those would be the ones we could do. Hmmm...

Is fighting the crowds for a spot on Main Street and close to the castle for fireworks worth it? I did it last year but felt I wasted most of the party just doing the castle show/1st parade/fireworks. I enjoyed it but am wondering if Frontierland is that different of an experience? There was also rain forecasted so I was worried about missing my first time seeing the parade for rain. We didn’t meet many characters and didn’t ride many rides. I will be reading the boards after the first party way more this year and hope to come up with a better plan to make the crowds bearable! I only really looked at pictures last year since my trip had already started before the first party :/

I do not do the dessert party anymore since parade viewing no longer included. However, we did the dessert party 4 years ago,before it was included (now discontinued) for MVMCP, DD was 6 and we didn't want to waste time hold a spot and worry about crowds for fireworks. Maybe consider this since traveling with grandma. We watched the parade in area in front on Casey Corner. Mind you, this was pre-HUB expansion.

Now we go to Main St about 30 minutes prior & find spot by pole or garbage can. Shopping typically isn't an issue,but last year tad disappointed because starting selling exclusive party merchandise daily to anyone in December.
Watching the late stage shows worked too. We did watch parade in Frontierland during one party,not as crowded & didn't have to arrive as early, and of course not wait as long since that's where it starts, but no pre-show in that area.

Just bought our tickets for the 11/25 party. This will be our first MVMCP. Anyone else going to that one?

We will be attending our first MVMCP 11/8. Excited but nervous about the possible over crowding. I've never seen Holiday Wishes. Is this a firework show that is a must to see in front of the castle?

We will be attending our first MVMCP 11/8. Excited but nervous about the possible over crowding. I've never seen Holiday Wishes. Is this a firework show that is a must to see in front of the castle?
There are castle projections that are best seen from the front. If you don't care about that you can watch the fireworks from behind the castle with smaller crowds and you don't have to wait. You will be engulfed in the fireworks since they go off near the castle and also behind you. We saw it from there last year. The fireworks were great but it was our first year and we haven't seen the castle projections yet. So this year we will be in front of the castle to get the whole affect. It is up to you what is most important.

Yes! I saw that too. All in!!!! :D It says winter, so trying not to get hopes up. We go in November, winter technically doesn't start until December, but then it could be after the new year. So not enough details. Will it still be dinner only? Or will this be for B &L only. Ugh!:sad2:
The current ADRs end at 11/10, so you may get lucky!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter