"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nesquik chocolate milk no longer one of the complimentary treats? I think last year it was at Pete's Silly Sideshow/Storybook Circus along with the peppermint crunch cookie. This year I only see the cookie listed.

So, we had a change in our party plan, and am looking for some suggestions for good a spot that we could see the Holiday Wishes fireworks from Main Street and then just hang for the 2nd parade. We will have a stroller and 2 ECV's in our group of 7. The plan is to go FROM the Hub from the 8:15 Frozen Holiday Wish, over to the 8:35 Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, and then into Main Street to stake out the spot for the 10 pm fireworks and parade. Part of group will stop over at Club Tinsel for just a little bit and then re-join us at our spot. Following the parade, we would like to try to hit Jack/Sally at TST, if they don't shut down the line, right after the parade before closing. The ECV's are not for permanent problems, but recent foot surgeries preventing walking 10 miles every day. Could we find the parade spot, park the ECV's there, slide into the street for fireworks, and then go back to ECV's for the parade viewing? I've never had to deal with them, so I'm anticipating having trouble viewing the angles of the fireworks from the sidewalk (on the ECV's) or people standing in the way....but then also maneuvering them to face the castle and then try to k-turn or whatever on the sidewalk to face the street for the parade? Both the DW and my mom want to stay on Main Street for these two events for atmosphere, so I'm not sure how the flagpole area would work, even if a spot was there (but given from what I've seen here, at that time, without staking it out earlier, there probably wouldn't be any.) Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

:)

I unfortunately will have to use an ECV myself this year. I usually stick it out but my medical problems will not allow it and I will not miss my trip so an ECV it is. Does anyone have any hints on how to maneuver the parties using one? Can I park it somewhere "safe" and go to the parade or other areas? I can do short distances but not a full on walk about in the parks.
Thank you for any info you can share. :)

Our night so far:
Seven dwarves pictures
In line @ 5:10pm
Moved inside @ 5:30pm
Characters out @ 6:20pm
Finished at 7pm
Christmas mug from Big Top Souvenirs
Space Mountain - posted wait 20 minutes
In line - 7:10
Off ride - 7:35
Starbucks
SDMT - posted wait 50 minutes
In line - 8pm
Off - 8:25
Big thunder - walk on
Off- 8:50
9pm - stakes out spot in hub near entrance to liberty square for fireworks and second parade
Did you have trouble getting from SDMT to BTM with folks waiting for the parade in Frontierland?

Did you have trouble getting from SDMT to BTM with folks waiting for the parade in Frontierland?
It wasnt too bad. We walked along the river. It looked like a lot of spots still along the parade route.

By the time we got off BTM, Santa had just started. So we took our time heading to the hub and filled up our popcorn bucket.

We also attended tonight. It was probably the best party we've ever attended. The Tony's event was amazing and well worth the money.

We had a perfect spot for the fireworks and parade, got all of the free treats, did all of the magic shots, rode a couple of rides, met a couple of characters, etc.

We had no plans to meet any characters with long lines. During the first parade, at around 9, we headed to Tony's to hang out until they opened for the party at 9:30. We saw the entrance to Jack and Sally's line, so I walked over and asked how long the line was. It was 25 minutes!!! So we went ahead and did it. What an unexpected surprise!

Not bad for a sold out party!

Last edited:
I'm trying to come up with my plan and want to use the same one I used last year. Does Frozen Holiday wish happen at 6:15p again this year, then 8:15p as well? I looked it up and can't find it listed anywhere. Last year we did the 6:15p show and it worked out perfectly so I want to do that again if I can. Thanks!

I'm trying to come up with my plan and want to use the same one I used last year. Does Frozen Holiday wish happen at 6:15p again this year, then 8:15p as well? I looked it up and can't find it listed anywhere. Last year we did the 6:15p show and it worked out perfectly so I want to do that again if I can. Thanks!

I just looked at my screen shot copy of this year’s party map and it lists “A Frozen Holiday Wish” at 8:15 only

From everything I see, yes it happens both times. I suppose that since 6:15 is prior to the party, it can't be listed on the map.

Yes at 6:15 & 8:15

I just made the connection! Tony, in Josh's review, is our favorite Disney performer...oh dear. This may push me over the edge. I totally want to see him! DH is going to kill me. There are 5 of us.
Yes! That’s what pushed me to booking, lol. We love him!

Post #1
:santa: Snow on Main Street, U.S.A.
This isn’t “real” snow, it is actually imitation snow. There is a “snowfall” on Main Street (Between Casey's Corner & the Emporium) before the parades and then at the end of the evening. There is also snow on Main Street after the fireworks.

With all of this talk of snowfall, I thought I'd mention something I saw on a livestream last night. There is a nice 'snowfall' in Tomorrowland after 'Totally Tomorrowland Christmas.' I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere else on the thread, so thought I'd let people know.

Our family was trying to figure out how to get the snow experience for our kids without being crowded into Main Street to stake out a spot. When I saw the snow falling in Tomorrowland, I thought 'Problem solved!' Magical experience with virtually no crowds or wait time :)

yes - I saw that somewhere. I actually plan to watch that on a different nite at 6:15, just in case I cant get to the 8:15 the nite of party as will be in line for dwarves at the 6:15 one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter