"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from attending our very first party. We went Tuesday, Nov. 13th. Got to TTC at 2:30 and were first in our event line. They let everyone in at 3:45. Headed straight to the right for our Santa cookie and the red ball picture. The park was definitely having a light crowd day, and we stopped to take advantage of daytime castle pictures (we were only there for a party since we were piggybacking this trip with a family wedding in Jacksonville).

We had 3:25-4:25 FP for Splash (never got the cancellation email, and they were never cancelled). Off by 4:20. Got to Jingle Cruise in time for our 4:25 FP to start. Off by 4:55. Hustled to Liberty Square for the 5:15 muppet show. The Christmas shop had the MVMCP party merchandise available, just had to show wristbands to purchase it. After the show, we went to BTM for our 5:25-6:00 FP. Off by 6:00. Haunted Mansion had a 13 minute wait so we decided to take a quick spin, then got lured by a walk on Small World (Park seemed very empty, I guess everyone was at the castle lighting.

Crossed the park to get to Nick and Judy and ran through Cosmic Rays and Gravities snack lines on the way. Minimal lines for treats the whole night. Nick and Judy line was about 25 minutes. We were the last ones to see them before their 7:15 break. While waiting for them with my DD17, DS14 and DH walked on Space Mountain. Good thing they went then because it was down most of the night after that. Did a little shopping and hit up the cookies and snow cones pretty hard while waiting for the 7:45 Tomorrowland show. They do light snow at the end of the show. But we are from Pennsylvania so snow doesn’t excite us. Lol.

8:15 headed to Scrooge line. Waited about 45 minutes. They take frequent breaks and some people take f-o-r-e-v-e-r in their pictures. But while we were waiting, DS14 took multiple cookie breaks and found a random outlet to charge his phone. I noticed a lot of people splitting their groups to have some wait and some do other stuff and then trade places. Nobody got upset in lines and it definitely helps make the wait more palatable.

9:00 Eric and Ariel, also a 45 minute wait. Took turns riding Under the Sea while we waited. Interaction here was terrific and worth the wait.
10:00 fireworks.
10:25 Moana with a 15 minute wait.
Tortuga treats on our way to Frontierland to watch the parade. Got front row spots on the bridge sidewalk at 10:50.
As soon as the parade passed us completely, DS14 and I RAN to 7DMT, had a 12 minute wait. DD17 did Cinderella and Tiana both with zero wait.
We got to the 11:55 show at 11:54 and had no problems getting close to the stage.

Only thing I can say was unexpected for me was how dark the lighting is at night. I know that sounds crazy, but I was expecting brighter street lamps. I definitely got disoriented easily. If you aren’t familiar with where everything is, get yourself a map and study it ahead of time!

I posted a separate thread, but if there is anyone going to MVMCP that would be able to get my daughter a Tiki Bird SOTM, I'd gladly trade from a previous Halloween or Christmas party if I have one that you want or reimburse you for your trouble (in a reasonable way :)). Tiki Birds are her favorite and we even dressed up as them for MNSSHP! Thanks in advance!

I posted a separate thread, but if there is anyone going to MVMCP that would be able to get my daughter a Tiki Bird SOTM, I'd gladly trade from a previous Halloween or Christmas party if I have one that you want or reimburse you for your trouble (in a reasonable way :)). Tiki Birds are her favorite and we even dressed up as them for MNSSHP! Thanks in advance!
I would love to trade a Tiki bird card for a Party card I don't have! I only have the Tiki Bird and Orange Bird cards, so it shouldn't be too hard lol.

I am going Dec 16-23rd. If you still need one, let me know. We don't collect them but I will try to remember and get one for you.

Thank you! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow @ 4pm - BoG! I'll post when I get back home. :santa:
Enjoy!!! Still sad we’re missing you this year!
We did NOT love the new menu....I’ll be curious to see what you think. (I should add...hubby and I did not like the changes, mostly because our bill was double what we used to pay, and the quality of food certainly wasn’t doubled. The kids LOVED it, especially the desserts :) But i don’t think it will be our MK “go to” anymore)

Only thing I can say was unexpected for me was how dark the lighting is at night. I know that sounds crazy, but I was expecting brighter street lamps. I definitely got disoriented easily. If you aren’t familiar with where everything is, get yourself a map and study it ahead of time!

Yes!! We’ve done two parties in the past and this still surprised me on Tuesday night! Maybe it was an extra dark night, lol!

Thank you! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow @ 4pm - BoG! I'll post when I get back home. :santa:
You're still doing your 4pm BoG ADR?

I have a Tony's at 4:45pm and Plaza at 5:15pm I am considering so I can start with Sandy Claws and Sally. Not the same as BoG though. Hmmm

I have a Tony's at 4:45pm and Plaza at 5:15pm I am considering so I can start with Sandy Claws and Sally. Not the same as BoG though. Hmmm

We did the party on Monday - we got in line for Jack and Sally at 3pm - we were 3rd or 4th in line - we sat and waited until 4:30pm - they came out right away - and we had time after to ride the Magic Carpets before we checked in at 5pm at Crystal Palace. While we were waiting for Jack and Sally, a CM came around and gave us wristbands so we didn't have to do that afterwards. We just took a stroll down the "back Main Street" and went to Adventureland. Easy peasy!

Just got back from attending our very first party. We went Tuesday, Nov. 13th. Got to TTC at 2:30 and were first in our event line. They let everyone in at 3:45. Headed straight to the right for our Santa cookie and the red ball picture. The park was definitely having a light crowd day, and we stopped to take advantage of daytime castle pictures (we were only there for a party since we were piggybacking this trip with a family wedding in Jacksonville).

We had 3:25-4:25 FP for Splash (never got the cancellation email, and they were never cancelled). Off by 4:20. Got to Jingle Cruise in time for our 4:25 FP to start. Off by 4:55. Hustled to Liberty Square for the 5:15 muppet show. The Christmas shop had the MVMCP party merchandise available, just had to show wristbands to purchase it. After the show, we went to BTM for our 5:25-6:00 FP. Off by 6:00. Haunted Mansion had a 13 minute wait so we decided to take a quick spin, then got lured by a walk on Small World (Park seemed very empty, I guess everyone was at the castle lighting.

Crossed the park to get to Nick and Judy and ran through Cosmic Rays and Gravities snack lines on the way. Minimal lines for treats the whole night. Nick and Judy line was about 25 minutes. We were the last ones to see them before their 7:15 break. While waiting for them with my DD17, DS14 and DH walked on Space Mountain. Good thing they went then because it was down most of the night after that. Did a little shopping and hit up the cookies and snow cones pretty hard while waiting for the 7:45 Tomorrowland show. They do light snow at the end of the show. But we are from Pennsylvania so snow doesn’t excite us. Lol.

8:15 headed to Scrooge line. Waited about 45 minutes. They take frequent breaks and some people take f-o-r-e-v-e-r in their pictures. But while we were waiting, DS14 took multiple cookie breaks and found a random outlet to charge his phone. I noticed a lot of people splitting their groups to have some wait and some do other stuff and then trade places. Nobody got upset in lines and it definitely helps make the wait more palatable.

9:00 Eric and Ariel, also a 45 minute wait. Took turns riding Under the Sea while we waited. Interaction here was terrific and worth the wait.
10:00 fireworks.
10:25 Moana with a 15 minute wait.
Tortuga treats on our way to Frontierland to watch the parade. Got front row spots on the bridge sidewalk at 10:50.
As soon as the parade passed us completely, DS14 and I RAN to 7DMT, had a 12 minute wait. DD17 did Cinderella and Tiana both with zero wait.
We got to the 11:55 show at 11:54 and had no problems getting close to the stage.

Brilliant and informative trip report. Thank you. Quick questions though, what time get in line for Nick and Judy? And could you clearly see the 11:55 castle show (I'd assume it was still jam packed then?) Thanks.

I'm kind of sad today. I had to cancel our Christmas trip due to some ongoing health issues and my daughter starting a new job. I love going this time of year and am super bummed that we will miss all the decorations, yummy food, MVMCP and my favorite, the candlelight processional. Thank goodness for YouTubers who go daily and share the magic. I will have to enjoy the Christmas magic virtually this year
HOw disappointing. I am really sorry and I can only imagine how you feel. It wasn't right this time but the only way to beat the blues is to get busy planning another trip.

Hello. I have a couple of questions about the Jingle Cruise. How late does it run on EMH evenings and on MVMCP evenings?

Any thoughts on when lines for the ride might be shortest when it’s dark out? Thanks!

We went on Nov 13. We were actually at MK since 7:30 AM- started the day with EMM, then rides until around 1 and went back to the hotel for a swim.

We arrived for the Christmas party around 6:30. I was actually surprised at how little we got done.
-rode winnie the pooh (there was a 10 minutes line)
-rode mine train (in line at 7, took 30 minutes, DS insisted even though we already rode it 10 times that morning...)
-rode IASM
-by this time it was nearing 8, so I decided that we should check out the parade route. Well it was already filling up! I spotted some curb space in liberty square (got an awesome spot against the middle of the railings in the square)- so we were there around 8-9
-rode BTMR (had to walk through a very long line to get on it, must have taken ten minutes)
-had a snack
-fireworks & some cookies
-on our way out DS decided he had to meet Mickey...that was around another 20 minutes.

I'm glad we went to see the parade and fireworks, but we definitely got more rides in during the day!

This is our first time at MVMCP. We've been to MNSSHP. IF you don't HAVE to see the party on main street, where is the best place to view? Of course I'd love to watch it on Main street w the snow, but I don't want to wait that long with 2 littles.

Yes, I canceled my 6:35pm BoG. Couldn’t use actual party time for dining. Ha! Several reports on meeting them later for a much shorter wait. Except for MNSSHP (in line 4pm still didn’t meet until 6pm 2 years ago), we always meet Sandy Claws at end of night & never waited longer than 30 minutes. So going with plan for last 2 years. We will see!

Enjoy!!! Still sad we’re missing you this year!
We did NOT love the new menu....I’ll be curious to see what you think. (I should add...hubby and I did not like the changes, mostly because our bill was double what we used to pay, and the quality of food certainly wasn’t doubled. The kids LOVED it, especially the desserts :) But i don’t think it will be our MK “go to” anymore)

Thanks! Only night it really works for us. Wasn’t happy about price increase, for us 2 Dining Credits, guessing this also due to PP booking & only ordering dessert to meet the Beast. It was disappointing this past April, but they fixed it. It’s one of my favorites, so wanted to give it a go one more time. We will see. I’ll definitely let you know my thoughts.

We attended tonight’s (11/15) Tony party and had not the best experience. Arrived around 9:40 and there was literally only one table available (inside, literally only one, outside there may have been a few but it was crowded too and it was a chilly night.) Overheard cast members talking about how surprised they were with the crowd. Many many people wearing “media” and “cast” (I think they said cast, it was something to that affect) lanyards. Spoke with one of the media people and he estimated there were 100-150 media people that attended. They were not all at the party because their event started at 12ish, but he said they each could bring a plus-one if they assisted in their job. The entire area in front of the tree was taken up by media. One guy even had a wagon with his gear in the space (and they didn’t even have wrist bands, but some woman said they were with her and were let in.). A lot of tripods as well. We staked our space on the curb facing towards the hat store. We really enjoyed the parade and having a stress free viewing of it, but the media people took so much away from our experience overall. Does anyone have a suggestion of who to contact regarding our frustrations? Paying $100 dollars and sharing such a small space with non-paying bloggers was super annoying.

What has been everyone's experience with FPs on the party ticket? IS anyone getting their last days FPs cancelled? I just heard of it happenign to someone and now im worried bc we have FOP on our last day. Should I cancel my party FPs?
I had mine cancelled (got an email first) but it was because Disney changed my FP time to before 4 PM. Even when I rebooked it to later it counted it as a park day. I ended up cancelling an Epcot day instead because the other days I had 7DMT, FOP and SDD fast passes that I wasn’t willing to lose. I was quite upset about it since I have no idea why they changed my PP FP time.

We attended tonight’s (11/15) Tony party and had not the best experience. Arrived around 9:40 and there was literally only one table available (inside, literally only one, outside there may have been a few but it was crowded too and it was a chilly night.) Overheard cast members talking about how surprised they were with the crowd. Many many people wearing “media” and “cast” (I think they said cast, it was something to that affect) lanyards. Spoke with one of the media people and he estimated there were 100-150 media people that attended. They were not all at the party because their event started at 12ish, but he said they each could bring a plus-one if they assisted in their job. The entire area in front of the tree was taken up by media. One guy even had a wagon with his gear in the space (and they didn’t even have wrist bands, but some woman said they were with her and were let in.). A lot of tripods as well. We staked our space on the curb facing towards the hat store. We really enjoyed the parade and having a stress free viewing of it, but the media people took so much away from our experience overall. Does anyone have a suggestion of who to contact regarding our frustrations? Paying $100 dollars and sharing such a small space with non-paying bloggers was super annoying.

I really hope that doesn't repeat on the later parties. Whats with all the media guys anyways? Christmas special recording? Or is that already done?

If anyone attending Tony’s in the next week or so “dines” there with allergy/dietary restrictions, it’d be great to hear how they accommodate and what food is provided. I’ve read reviews of the dessert parties that have said the allergen offerings at the party are rather lacking for the price and not as much accommodations that’d be possible in other Disney settings. So I’d be curious how they’re accommodating at Tony’s. We’re going on Nov. 29 and are still debating if booking the party is worth it for us. We’d most be interested in how they accommodate gluten, dairy and soy allergies/restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter