Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

I see they are still allowing people to sign up at the expo. This race must not have sold all that well.

You think they split up some challenges for that?

I imagine so, but I haven't cared enough to compare the number of bibs for the Challenge in the corral arrangement from this year compared to previous years.

They also reopened the 10K too.

Thing #1: I want that Blue Vest Guy shirt!

Thing #2: I'm getting so nervous about this run. I know I can finish (I've never run a full Half distance without walking, but walking is okay for my first one), but it's a LOT to have been training for. Had I known they'd reopen the 10k I might have wimped out and just done that (since my training runs at this point are often more than 10k anyway)..... LOL.

So tomorrow is the 5k. I’m accompanying dd to the race. She’s fourteen and it’s her first race ever. Will I drop her off and then wait in the Epcot parking lot at the finish line? Or is it such a long time lag between start and finish that I grab a bus back to Boardwalk Resort? She is in corral B. Finding it hard to get info.

So how much will the forecast change by Sunday? I'm seeing big chance of rain (possibly thunderstorms) when I check the app.

I see they are still allowing people to sign up at the expo. This race must not have sold all that well.
They had last chance registrations last year as well & it was still a ton of people, I know going in last year people said undersold and it was far from it. The 10k has been popping back open off and on for a few months now. I don't think we can judge anything by them still having race bibs. Darkside is a higher capacity race than Wine & Dine which I know I've seen people compare it too and truthfully I don't think any of us know the capacities for these races to even know what's undersold or not. Just my opinion though as I loved this weekend last year.

May the Force be with everyone as you take on the Darkside!

Last edited:
So tomorrow is the 5k. I’m accompanying dd to the race. She’s fourteen and it’s her first race ever. Will I drop her off and then wait in the Epcot parking lot at the finish line? Or is it such a long time lag between start and finish that I grab a bus back to Boardwalk Resort? She is in corral B. Finding it hard to get info.
I would say wait in the Epcot parking lot. If you went back to Boardwalk, I don’t think you would make it back for her finishing. Because of the way the course runs, buses can’t start taking finishers back to their resorts until after the last person has started. This means that some finishers are waiting around for half an hour or so to leave. I think this also means, that there is a period of time where no one can get back to the start/finish line from resorts on race transportation.

I’m seeing that the race guide says buses run from 3:30 to 5 and then again from 6:30 to 8:30.

Hope this helps.

I would say wait in the Epcot parking lot. If you went back to Boardwalk, I don’t think you would make it back for her finishing. Because of the way the course runs, buses can’t start taking finishers back to their resorts until after the last person has started. This means that some finishers are waiting around for half an hour or so to leave. I think this also means, that there is a period of time where no one can get back to the start/finish line from resorts on race transportation.

I’m seeing that the race guide says buses run from 3:30 to 5 and then again from 6:30 to 8:30.

Hope this helps.
It does. Thank you. Everything about the races is just theoretical at this point. Experiencing it in real time will make everything clear, I’m sure. I’ll just roll with it. Must find coffee somewhere.

So how much will the forecast change by Sunday? I'm seeing big chance of rain (possibly thunderstorms) when I check the app.

Florida weather will change a few times between now and Sunday. Right now it’s showing rain/thunderstorms starting in the afternoon.

You guys are cracking me up. I spent a good 4 hours off the boards while I packed and got ready. Heading out tomorrow morning after therapy. Wow I missed so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter