Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

It looks like the public tours have a 48 hour cancellation. I could be wrong, so you would want to verify. However, if that's true, you could just book a public and cancel if a private shows up that you can join. That way you won't miss out on a tour.

Thanks a lot I should have looked for that already. Booked night 1. May need a strong drink before pressing submit on night 2. Those Friday night tour costs... $$$

Last edited:
Have I read correctly there's a special entrance for onsite hotel guests for HHN if we're not doing stay & scream?
Yes
Onsite hotel guests show their room key and hhn ticket to enter in this line

It will be to the right of the regular entrance gates

It is opened 6:00 to 8:00 for hhn

Signs will be up so you can’t miss it

Yes

Thanks, we haven't booked our hotel yet (we're doin HHN on opening night, and disney the day before), may make it worth it to stay onsite just for that entrance.

After taking everyone's suggestions into account we booked a public RIP tour for 9/26. The 48 hour cancellation policy sealed the deal for us. We figured as you stated if someone books a private on our date that we can join in, we'll do that. Just didn't want to take the chance of getting shut out. :)

Mrs Gary2T and I also booked a public RIP tour for 9/26. We are currently in the 7:30 slot. This is our first HHN and we only have the one night (flying in very late 9/25 and leaving at noon on 9/27), so I thought a RIP tour would make sure we get to see everything HHN. We would also be interested in changing to a private tour on 9/26 if one gets put together.

Suggest you book your room this month
The earlier the better

I don’t know your vacation dates so will be basic on what I say

I checked the premier hotels and see some have standard rooms at a decent price for opening date of hhn thru Thursday night sept 26
Also saw rooms for preferred and value available
I looked only at the premier hotels for dates September 27 through October
Rates are much higher and not all room types are available on the weekend

Columbus Day weekend fills the hotels quickly
I’ve gone yearly to hhn for the last 20 years
Most of the tours I booked were on the Columbus day weekend (Friday)

Last year it was packed
My private tour did have waits for some of the houses longer than usual

Switched this year to the week prior as less crowds and costs are much cheaper for air and hotel for me
If your vacation is the second week of October, book your hotel soon

Mrs Gary2T and I also booked a public RIP tour for 9/26. We are currently in the 7:30 slot. This is our first HHN and we only have the one night (flying in very late 9/25 and leaving at noon on 9/27), so I thought a RIP tour would make sure we get to see everything HHN. We would also be interested in changing to a private tour on 9/26 if one gets put together.
I get pm’s from posters asking me to help them link up to someone that has booked a private tour and needs help filling the slots

So right now I don’t have any info on 9-26 booked tours but if I do later, I’ll pm you

I have question about the Stay and Scream zones.

The Ghostbusters house is going to be where the Stranger Things house was last year, so my question is, is the SnS zone next to Finnegans the one that will get to Ghostbusters first?

Or will it be the SnS zone next to Hello Kitty?

I'm just seeing if someone from last year can enlighten me, if it wasnt for Ghostbusters I probably wouldnt have bought HHN tickets but it being a brand new and iconic house, I couldnt not do it!

Shame the Alien franchise is now owned by Disney, pretty sure we wont be seeing a facehugger with Mickey ears!

Last year, from the Finnegan's area, we had the choice of going to Stranger Things or Poltergeist. Most people went towards Stranger Things, but oddly enough, that line moved way faster than the Poltergeist line. By the time the gates opened for public entry, the majority of the regular queue was empty.

Last year, from the Finnegan's area, we had the choice of going to Stranger Things or Poltergeist. Most people went towards Stranger Things, but oddly enough, that line moved way faster than the Poltergeist line. By the time the gates opened for public entry, the majority of the regular queue was empty.

Thats very good to know, thank you.

This year Stranger Things will be where Poltergeist was last year, I'm really hoping they bring back Poltergeist this year, they've still got 3 more houses to announce, so fingers crossed!

I didn't see the ST S&S line ever empty out for our trip, but that was Columbus Day Weekend. So, if it's busy, I wouldn't count on being able to hit both houses with little to no wait from S&S. You could probably hit one, if you get to S&S early. S&S for ST actually filled up before 5pm most of the nights we went too. With both house possibly being fed by the same area, I think that S&S area could be nuts.

Has anyone heard anything about a special queue for AP holders during September, like they did last year? That would very much effect the September lines, as it as separate from the Stay and Scream, and that line let out first.

Has anyone heard anything about a special queue for AP holders during September, like they did last year? That would very much effect the September lines, as it as separate from the Stay and Scream, and that line let out first.

Are you talking about the one where you had to register ahead of time? If so, no they haven't announced anything

Right now all they've announced is a special passholder entry into the gates but that's it

Please correct me if I am wrong but if I purchase a rip tour you bypass the main gate line and just go to the right to guest services to check in? Also those who have done the public rip tour how long does it usually last?

Yes

One more question, do you get in any earlier in that line? Or is it just a shorter line. I would only book an onsite hotel if this helps gets in quicker/earlier. Just trying to decide if it's worth it for that

I have question about the Stay and Scream zones.

The Ghostbusters house is going to be where the Stranger Things house was last year, so my question is, is the SnS zone next to Finnegans the one that will get to Ghostbusters first?

Or will it be the SnS zone next to Hello Kitty?

Unless I missed it, the Official map hasn't been released yet.

One more question, do you get in any earlier in that line? Or is it just a shorter line. I would only book an onsite hotel if this helps gets in quicker/earlier. Just trying to decide if it's worth it for that

No, you get through the gates same time as the general line. You`re just not in the main scrum.

The main gates open and everyone goes through. If you want to be in early you`d have to do Stay & Scream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter