Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Where you see that from? If someone already has a ticket, how do you upgrade to do it? What's the cost

$25+ pp

no need to add on, just purchase it, a stand alone ‘upgrade’ to your actual HHN ticket

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...orror Nights - Unmasking the Horror&step=true
Haven’t heard of the tix, doesn’t appear to being promoted despite being a nice leg up to avoid the long entrance lines for those without day park tix.

Hoping the holding pens aren’t negatively impacted with even more bodies this year. There has to be a capacity # for each in place if for only safety’s sake. Wondering if/what their contingency plans are for overflow areas?

Last edited:
$25+ pp

no need to add on, just purchase it, a stand alone ‘upgrade’ to your actual HHN ticket

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...orror Nights - Unmasking the Horror&step=true
Haven’t heard of the tix, doesn’t appear to being promoted despite being a nice leg up to avoid the long entrance lines for those without day park tix.

Hoping the holding pens aren’t negatively impacted with even more bodies this year. There has to be a capacity # for each in place if for only safety’s sake. Wondering if/what their contingency plans are for overflow areas?
That's what I was wondering too. They are just largely increasing the number of people that can do Stay and Scream now. At $25, that's a no brainer to bypass the crowd at the gate and get a jump start. Not sure I'm super jazzed about this...

We are getting a significant refund from a hotel change, (I’m hopeless) and since I’m paid in full they gave me the option of a Universal gift card. I really like that idea, but I wanted to ask if the HHN tents and pop up bars take the GC like the other places do at Universal. Thank you for your input!!!

This is exciting, we weren’t going to the parks but hey this may change that plan!

same. I'm an AP but the friend I'm going with isn't, and we weren't going to the parks that day. But at that price, seems like a no brainier to do it. Especially since we're going opening night.

My daughter and I have APs but her boyfriend doesn't. DD and I are getting the Rush of Fear. Her boyfriend will probably come with us one night and I was thinking about getting him the Rush of Fear as well in case he'd like to come with us more than once. Do you think I'd be able to buy him the early entrance if he has the Rush of Fear pass, obviously for only one night? If not, I think it would be preferable to just buy him the single night ticket with the early entry add-on. We were going to wait and enter with him at the start of HHN but we'd much rather be in the parks early.

My daughter and I have APs but her boyfriend doesn't. DD and I are getting the Rush of Fear. Her boyfriend will probably come with us one night and I was thinking about getting him the Rush of Fear as well in case he'd like to come with us more than once. Do you think I'd be able to buy him the early entrance if he has the Rush of Fear pass, obviously for only one night? If not, I think it would be preferable to just buy him the single night ticket with the early entry add-on. We were going to wait and enter with him at the start of HHN but we'd much rather be in the parks early.
Yes, this $25 tix represents a one-time entrance in addition to whatever other valid tix u will use enter the park

So does the scream early pass allow for access to the rides as well as being able to get in early to HHN? This looks like a new concept this year

So does the scream early pass allow for access to the rides as well as being able to get in early to HHN? This looks like a new concept this year
Don’t see why not. Follow the above posted link to U website. Fine print/terms & conditions were there when I looked. Otherwise call into ticketing & ask...them come back and let us know

Yeah i just read the fine print and it looks like you also need a HHN pass to be able to purchase the add on, it looks like UO is having too many people during the HHN event it may seem so maybe this year they want to have people come in early?

Taken from the HHN website

• The 2019 Halloween Horror Nights Scream Early Ticket entitles one (1) time guest admission to enjoy Universal Studios Florida theme park from 3:00PM until 5:00PM on the same day as the 2019 Halloween Horror Nights event ticket. Guest must arrive to Universal Studios Florida before 5:00PM and present proof of a valid 2019 Halloween Horror Nights Event ticket at time of redemption. Guests who arrive to Universal Studios Florida front gate turnstile after 5:00PM will forfeit their Scream Early Ticket. This ticket is not valid for admission to 2019 Halloween Horror Nights event and cannot be used for theme park admission on a non-Halloween Horror Nights 2019 event date. Ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. Cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions or discounts. Additional restrictions may apply and subject to change without notice.

The scream early is just an add on ticket.
You still need the hhn ticket to stay in the park for hhn.

Past years the ep was sold at a half price cost for 11pm to closing
They would start the sale of them after 6 pm
Some years it was sold after 9 pm

But many years back, hhn was not as popular and attended as it has the past two years.

May make stay and scream areas more crowded, but will also make the entrance gates slightly smaller, which Universal may rather have

I’ve just watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space for the first time and could not be more excited for the house.

I’m staying on property for a long weekend and plan to Stay and Scream for 3 nights. The real Sophie’s Choice will be which house to hit up first each night.

ya, we're not sure if it'd be better to hit up the big ones first and try to stay one step ahead of the big crowd. Or go the smaller ones first, and wait until later in the night for the bigger ones.

I’ve just watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space for the first time and could not be more excited for the house.

I’m staying on property for a long weekend and plan to Stay and Scream for 3 nights. The real Sophie’s Choice will be which house to hit up first each night.

If you do Stay and Scream, which houses you are released to first is determined why what holding area you are in. Last year, Finnegans area got 1st access to Stranger Things and Poltergeist. The Simpsons holding area got access to the back of the park houses.

For anyone not doing Stay and Scream, if you are in the very front of the pack I would suggest going to Ghostbusters or Stranger Things immediately, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. If you are in the back of the pack, (and especially if you have more than one night), try starting in the very back of the park first. We did S&S with EP and had Poltergeist and ST knocked out just as the regular crowds were being unleashed from the front gate. We decided to head to the very back of the park, (Slaughter Sinema/Blumhouse/AoV area), and it was an absolute ghost town from probably 7-8:30 ish. No lines for Pizza Fries or Twisted Taters. We were I think the only people back in that area going through Slaughter Sinema at that time. Whole area was dead all the way back to Seeds and Trick r Treat until well after dark. This was on a Wednesday in October. I can't guarantee weekend or holiday results would be the same, but its worth a shot to save time.

Yeah i just read the fine print and it looks like you also need a HHN pass to be able to purchase the add on, it looks like UO is having too many people during the HHN event it may seem so maybe this year they want to have people come in early?

Of course you need a regular admission ticket or multi day pass

Bonus of crowd control offering it but, IMO, it’s a smart way to churn some $

Question is, to what degree will it lessen the stay & scream benefit for APH or day ticket holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter