Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I think we all knew that they would bring back “Stranger Things” House this year. So glad they did. This house generated a lot of buzz and was very popular. So popular that they kept it up after HHN was over for regular Park attendees to see it for a while.

I’am looking forward to season 3.

BB38B889-441D-4121-B2C1-6CE50EC426E5.jpeg

6A904C5C-9B64-4992-90F3-C821CCC876DC.jpeg

Yeah I did expect Stranger Things it was pretty much a guarantee.

I have mixed feelings though as I did feel it changed HHN - much busier and more family oriented (younger - 16 and under) crowd

Yeah I did expect Stranger Things it was pretty much a guarantee.

I have mixed feelings though as I did feel it changed HHN - much busier and more family oriented (younger - 16 and under) crowd

I agree.

We couldn't believe how busy it was some nights. I cannot get into season 2 at all. Didn't have the same appeal as season 1.....may have to try again.....

A few super basic questions. I have attempted to read through all the posts maybe not all.

1. What are the hours of this event?

2. What are the wait times for rides?

My girls will be 14 and 13 and we have watched a lot of YouTube videos to get an idea. Obviously Stranger Things is the pull for us. We may not find much interest in a lot of the other things.

Keishashadow will list that info when it is released

In past years closing has been at 2am for fri-sa-sun

Wednesday has been at 1 am
Thursday 1 or 2am most likely

Closing time will be released by UO to the public way before hhn begins

Opening time probably 6 to enter the park
Some houses could have a 6:30 opening time

There are only 6 rides open during hhn
Usually line waits are not bad as most are in lines for the houses

Keishashadow will list that info when it is released

In past years closing has been at 2am for fri-sa-sun

Wednesday has been at 1 am
Thursday 1 or 2am most likely

Closing time will be released by UO to the public way before hhn begins

Opening time probably 6 to enter the park
Some houses could have a 6:30 opening time

There are only 6 rides open during hhn
Usually line waits are not bad as most are in lines for the houses

Any idea what 6 rides?

Here’s a pic of the dates for HHN this year from the first page of this sticky. Looks like there is a Tuesday on 10/29. None in September. They are starting HHN earlier this year by loading days onto first week of September.

Last years calendar

View attachment 391200

This years calendar

View attachment 391185
Thanks for referencing the sticky .

first page designed as quick & ready reference to most commonly asked HHN questions to help get people up to speed on general event info

They tend to follow patterns from year to year but do toss it up a bit to keep all on their toes.

Nice to both see new tweaks to the event every year & read other's takes on things related to HHN, strange or not lol

Anyone do HHN with a family member who uses a cart. My husband can get out to walk the houses but, after double knee replacement surgery last year, he would need a cart to get around between the houses...otherwise it's just way too much walking for him. If you've attended with someone using a cart, how does that work? Best options? Tips? Last year I did the RIP tour with our daughter (just the 2 of us and it was our first/only time ever doing HHN). As much as I said that I cannot imagine ever doing HHN without the RIP tour, I know my husband would feel like he is slowing the tour down.

Jess

Anyone do HHN with a family member who uses a cart. My husband can get out to walk the houses but, after double knee replacement surgery last year, he would need a cart to get around between the houses...otherwise it's just way too much walking for him. If you've attended with someone using a cart, how does that work? Best options? Tips? Last year I did the RIP tour with our daughter (just the 2 of us and it was our first/only time ever doing HHN). As much as I said that I cannot imagine ever doing HHN without the RIP tour, I know my husband would feel like he is slowing the tour down.

Jess

Do you mean a wheelchair or an ECV?

I’m not sure about ECV’s, but I’ve done HHN in a wheelchair when I hurt my foot and all the houses are made to be wheelchair accessible. You can get out and walk them but I actually found it was easier to just go through them in the chair because if you get out a team member has to take the chair and move it through the back area to meet you at the exit. If the ground isn’t level in part of a house there’s usually a modification they’ll direct wheelchairs through and you don’t miss anything. I’ve never done the RIP tour, but I didn’t feel like we were slowed down by the chair.

Jess

We used a wheelchair for my mom a few years ago. I strongly suggest doing a RIP to avoid taking the wheelchair through the many switchbacks of the standby or express lines. Also, if your husband wants to walk through the houses, the RIP guide will take the wheelchair to the exits.

Do you mean a wheelchair or an ECV?

I’m not sure about ECV’s, but I’ve done HHN in a wheelchair when I hurt my foot and all the houses are made to be wheelchair accessible. You can get out and walk them but I actually found it was easier to just go through them in the chair because if you get out a team member has to take the chair and move it through the back area to meet you at the exit. If the ground isn’t level in part of a house there’s usually a modification they’ll direct wheelchairs through and you don’t miss anything. I’ve never done the RIP tour, but I didn’t feel like we were slowed down by the chair.

We used a wheelchair for my mom a few years ago. I strongly suggest doing a RIP to avoid taking the wheelchair through the many switchbacks of the standby or express lines. Also, if your husband wants to walk through the houses, the RIP guide will take the wheelchair to the exits.

My husband would use an ECV....sorry, 'cart' wasn't the best way to say that.

He would probably get out and walk the houses. I can't physically push a wheel chair (former back issues) and he is capable of walking, just not the amount of walking he would need to do to walk the whole evening at HHN. We would definitely do the RIP tour. So, you don't feel like the group would be slowed down because of us? Neither one of us would want to feel like people were annoyed.

Thanks for the responses...
Jess

The TM would move your ecv to the exit area while you are doing the walk thru of that house

No issues

Hey there! I just have a quick question... I am attempting to surprise my son with HHN for his 16th birthday!! So excited. :dogdance: he has wanted to go for a few years now. I am going to try to swing Sept 16-20 with party dates the 18,19,20th. What I am trying to decide is, do most of you save your energy and just go to the party or do you go to the parks during the day as well? I am trying to determine if I should buy park tickets or just the tickets we will need for HHN. I want to get the express for the party days. Thanks so much for any input!

Hey there! I just have a quick question... I am attempting to surprise my son with HHN for his 16th birthday!! So excited. :dogdance: he has wanted to go for a few years now. I am going to try to swing Sept 16-20 with party dates the 18,19,20th. What I am trying to decide is, do most of you save your energy and just go to the party or do you go to the parks during the day as well? I am trying to determine if I should buy park tickets or just the tickets we will need for HHN. I want to get the express for the party days. Thanks so much for any input!

We go in later than most, and only do a few hours every night, but we have a lot of nights to visit the event.

You would do well to be in the parks before the event starts.......you can then wait in the holding areas, these are set up in various areas.....and you get released to do a couple of houses before the general public are let loose......

EP is definitely recommended.

We went in late the day after our RIP tour, since we pretty much stayed until 2am. The other nights we really only stayed at HHN until 11pm or midnight, but did hit Stay n Scream. We might have hit park opening a day or two after HHN nights, but we definitely were at the park by mid-day every day. We have Annual Passes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter